We stayed at the Spa le Refuge on Saturday, October 20, 2012 and absolutely LOVED it!!! My fiance proposed to me by the fire pit that night so this place was not only an amazing birthday weekend getaway, but is now our romantic engagement weekend that will remain in our hearts forever :)
We booked the relaxation package in a superior room with a fireplace (yes, it worked and kept the room nice & warm and cozy with a perfect ambience) and a large jacuzzi tub in the room - very romantic. (You have access to the spa from 4pm on Saturday and all day on Sunday - even after check out at noon you can still use the spa all day at no extra cost)
At first glance, the building from the outside is decieving and does not do it justice. Once inside, the feeling and energy overcomes you instantly with warmth and serenity. The two hot tubs were great and the steam room and sauna were the best I have ever experienced. Our favourite was the VERY cold waterfall and the VERY cold river and YES we did both more than once as we wanted the true experience. The relaxation room was serene. Love it all.
The front desk staff were extremely welcoming and warm and gave us directions to hike up Mont Ste. Sauveur (which we did - refreshing and beautiful) along with all of the room, restaurant and spa details including a quiet tour of the spa (once we were settled in and ready).
The restaurant was the best of the best!!!! The decor was beautiful, the food impeccable, with a large variety for the Sunday Brunch. We were overly impressed with the food choices and taste! And on top of all of this, the service was one of the best service I have ever encountered! We were treated like VIPs by all of the restaurant staff - Emanuel made our weekend!!! He went to all of the tables to ensure all was well, he offered tourist avdvice, I even overheard him translate the entire french menu item by item to another table while taking his time and allowing them to feel extra special. (They do not have English translated menus, however, this added to the experience and made us feel as though we were in Europe...:)
We will definitely recommend this place to our family and friends and have labeled this as "our place" which we will come to celebrate our anniversary each and every year....we may even name our first son after Emanuel as discussed that Sunday morning (should we be lucky enough)..lol. I want to personally thank all of the staff for helping our special weekend be as memorable as ever even without knowing about our surprise engagement.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge & Spa Le Refuge Hotel Morin Heights
- Auberge & Spa Le Refuge Hotel
- Auberge And Spa Le Refuge
- Le Refuge Morin Heights
- Auberge & Spa Le Refuge Morin Heights, Quebec
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'Auberge & Spa Le Refuge is one of the only places of the region that offers in the same establishment a service of lodging, restaurant, massage and nordic baths with an access to the Simon River. At the junction of two country roads emerges the discrete shape of the Auberge & Spa Le Refuge, a small piece of paradise. Its complete range of packages makes it the perfect relaxing spa destination. A cozy cocoon to relax and revive yourself, it also offers Nordic baths to experiment the thermotherapy and thereby eliminate the negative effects of stress and rediscover your mental and physic well-being. Our restaurant features a sophisticated cuisine that will even please the fine palates. The beauty of the presentation and the true tastes make it an excellent choice. Our casual dining room will extend the relaxation with even the possibility of having breakfast with your bathrobe on. Isn't it amazing? ... more less