“Great retreat!” 3 of 5 stars

Montreal, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Great retreat!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

A short drive from the hustle and bustle of Montreal to be greeted by this cute chalet style retreat!
Upon entry, we were given the standard breakdown of how things worked etc. and shown to our changing area with locker key in hand. Locker was petite and could be a hassle when crowded, but we were pretty much the only people there so far. A robe, towel and sandals were provided and we quickly went to relaxation town. Halfway through the day we booked massages, upon arrival we were greeted appropriately and taken to our rooms for the 50 min. therapeutic massage. The massage was OK, nothing amazing. Finishing the day with a few more cycles in the baths we finished our stay.
Overall great spa/relaxation day! My only suggestion is to have some simple toiletries available (ex: Body lotion etc.) for the end of stay.
Will return!

Visited January 2013

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“It Would Have Received 5 But...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Full Review of Amerispa Station Baltique

Front Desk Staff: Excellent, friendly and helpful. They provided us with a towel, a robe and slippers if you didn't bring your own for free.

Spas: Multiple kinds including a super steamy eucalyptus, very hot sauna, two relaxation rooms, and different outdoor temperature pools (hot, warm, cool, freezing). Waterfalls were very nice to stand under with strong pressure which felt like a massage. Showers and bathrooms were everywhere.

Main Changeroom / Bathroom: Really nice with hair dryers, really good shower gel in the showers, and lockers.

Cleanliness: Wow clean! I couldn't find anything that was dirty, I actually looked.

Area / Ambiance: We went in December so everything was covered in snow. Very picturesque located on a forested hill, beautiful, tranquil and natural. It also seems they only allow a certain number of people in because even on a holiday weekend it wasn't crowded at all.

Bistro: They have a cute bistro which overlooks a forest which is nice. We didn't have any food but, it was all light and very fresh looking. Not to mention you could buy wine, nothing like drinking wine in a bathrobe. As a side note there is free tea in the lounge area by the massage rooms / main change room.

Massage: Here is the huge issue I personally had. After meeting with my masseuse I walked into the room and she wanted me to smell different creams. After listening to her for quite some time, she then hits me with the fact that these are all additional charges. Now after all this time I feel bad and go ahead and get one. The cream I choose was $15, for an ounce, which is crazy! By the way, totally not worth it, just some menthol in it to make my skin tingle. Even if unicorns blessed in front of me I still don't think it would be worth that much. I really feel I was ripped off in this regard. Offer additional services when I check in at the front desk, don't try to up sell me right before I hit the table for my relaxing massage. I have been to multiple high end spas and this has never happened to me before. I had the therapeutic massage and it was okay, it wasn't strong at all nor did I like the movements. Friends who got the relaxation massage said it wasn't like getting a massage at all.

My Bottom Line: I would go again but, just for the baths, I wouldn't get any massage services.

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“ultimate relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I loved the nordic baths and the relaxation stations. Had a lovely hot oil massage too! Everything was clean and modern and the staff were very friendly and helpful

Visited April 2012
ottawa, canada
“Very indulgent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

we went for the evening package and practically had the place to ourselves- all the pools were lovely and relaxing and everything had a real "zen" feel- I would go here again!

Visited August 2012
Quebec City, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Inviting at first glance but becareful!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We only visited this spa to see if it would be worth actually trying it out but then decided against it.
At first glance inside & onto the grounds it seemed inviting. However, the young woman at the reception who "greeted" us was somewhat abrupt and indifferent. Despite the place being rather vacant, she seemed preoccupied and uninterested in us even being there. Nonetheless, we managed to still get a samll presentation of the spa. However, during her presentation she admitted that the reason for 2 of the baths not working was because stones had fallen away from their structures and had to be repaired?! Perhaps it might have been worth a try but between the poor customer service and the idea of falling stones which didn't seem too secure, we opted to go elsewhere.

Visited May 2012