“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nugget City

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watson Lake
Nugget City
You added Nugget City to your Saves list
Mile 627 Alaska Highway, Watson Lake, Yukon Y0A 1C0 , Canada   |
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Owners of this place are real gems! Very friendly, accommodating, and entertaining! They made our group feel so comfortable. Our meals were great although a little pricey. Even though these cabins are a little ways out from Watson Lake, they are well worth the stay. You definitely get what you pay for here!!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Hard to find great accommodations in the Yukon, but family owned and opertated Nugget City exceeded our expectations. Very friendly service in the restaurant, with good wine selection. Delicious homemade rhubarb custard pie!! Cabin was lovely, very clean, allowed our pets, and the shower was the best part! The gift shop was fun to look around in and the owner provided great info about the family's Yukon adventures. Worth the price.

Room Tip: Probably all the cabins are nice!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Willow and I have stayed in this facility twice now and have never been let down.

Leinda and Scott are awesome hosts. The rooms are appointed well, very clean and the beds comfortable. Because we live in the north, we travel the Alaska Highway many times every year. We have watched as many of the original lodges have closed over the years. This is a wonderful place that deserves lasting for many years.

Prices are very reasonable, we stayed in another lodge, not too far away, one time for the same price. But the room was less than clean, very cramped and the shower did not work.

All the best to the Nugget City team.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent, cabins were clean with parking in front of the door. Prices are pretty high, but they have a good location for their services and they know it. You get 1 hour of slow wifi, and tv only if the owner actually turns it on after they said they would. (Maybe you'll have better luck).

• Stayed June 2013
Fulton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We traveled the Alaska Hwy and on the way up we stayed in Watson Lake. On the way out of Watson Lake northbound we drove past Nugget City and decided that is looked like a good place to check on the way back south. Hint for the Nugget mgmt team: searching for hotels in Watson Lake does not pull up Nugget City. We wish it had....another ~20 mins to drive to Nugget would have been worth it for us.

We arrived mid-afternoon headed south and were greeted by Chris in the restaurant/lodge. Very friendly and helpful. He and Dave got us checked into one of the cabins in the front of the property. The room was modest, clean, and comfortable. Nothing out of the ordinary, which was ok. What was most appreciated was the newness of the bathroom. It appeared to have been remodeled compared to the front room, had a very clean feel (easy, we think, due to the materials chosen...nice job!), and everything worked (something we can't say for all of the places we stayed on this ~4 week trip).

The food was good, not great. Service was excellent (we stayed in off season, however) and the lodge was comfortable and cozy. All-in-all, a wonderful place on the Alaska Hwy and well above average compared to the other 8 properties we stayed at on the way up and down.

Room Tip: This review is only for the cabins closest to the road - one roomer's. Very nice and perfect fo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hello, my name is Debby and I'd like to share a wonderful and warm experience.
October 25th I left Whitehorse, Yukon en route returning to my home, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
My first stop over was at Nugget City, just off the Alaska Hwy, by Watson Lake!
The host of these delightful cabins, Chris helped me settle in with my 2 dogs. He was very kind and expressed a sense of welcoming warmth and hospitality.
The following day I continued on my way and did not realize I accidently left my camera at the cabin.
I reconnected with Chris, he confirmed that he found my camera I left at the cabin. We made arrangements over the phone to find a way to have my camera returned to me in Ontario.
Much to my delight my camera was returned to me just in time for the holiday season! YAAAY!
A number of folks all played a role in helping to get "the travelling camera" returned safely to me.
Owners, Scott and Linda Goodwin, chef Dave and of course, Chris!
This endearing experience reinforced to me to never give up on meeting geniune and honest folks along our journeys!
A stop over stay at Nugget City is something every traveller should experience. The cabins are clean, cozy and nestled in beautiful woodland surroundings. The dining area has a beautiful cozy woodstove, the food is cooked to satisfy any hungry Yukon appetite. But most importantly the warmth Chris and all staff at Nugget City offered in making my experience positive was unlimited.
Travellers beware, if you would like to experience "A True Unique Yukon Experience" you must stay at the Nugget City Yukon. You won't regret it and staff there are fabulous! Honest, warm and they elicit a typical Yukon atmosphere.
Thankyou again Scott, Linda, Dave and Chris, the world is a better place with folks like you in it.
I'll definitely stop over and stay at Nugget City Yukon, again during my travels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
North Edwards, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was driving my son's car to Anchorage from California for him, the car had low profile tires and I went off the road on HWY37 and had to be towed out.(The first snow of the season) Some gentlemen from Watson Lake found me stranded and took me to Nugget City so I could wait for a tow truck. Kris was a one man show and was absolutely amazing!! I cannot praise him enough. Cook, cleaner, housekeeper, a true host!! I had ordered a cup of tea while I waited and when I asked for another cup he had to point out to me that he was one step ahead of me and already had put it on my table .... I have never had that kind of service before, and the water was hot just like it is supposed to be for tea. Scott, the owner, helped out with getting me a tow truck while he was busy with a few other people and things at the same time. The food was wonderful, Kris was wonderful company even though he was busy he took the time to talk and share a joke. After being in the car by myself for 4 days it was nice to have someone to talk to. By the time the tow truck came and got me and we had the car up there it was getting dark and so I decided to stay the night here. My room was wonderful, a log cabin with all the home comforts. The shower head in the bathroom was the biggest I have ever seen and I had to take a picture to show my husband when I got back! The room was clean the bathroom was wonderful ... especially that shower! I spent the evening in the restaurant where we had an informal group of guests and Kris (who was still working) watching tv and talking. The most fun I have had in a very long time. A truly wonderful experience, and one where you get to find out a lot more about the area and the people who live out here.I had a problem 1st with my bank shutting down my card and then with my husbands bank doing the same with his. Both Scott and Kris helped me out with this and eventually after a long time of waiting I could get gas to continue on. I was very apprehensive about getting on the road at this point, snow and ice and low profile tires not the best thing to deal with. I pulled Scott aside and asked him for advice, which he was more than happy to give. I had such a wonderful time there I really didn't want to leave! This stop was the highlight of my trip .... if I hadn't spun out and had to be towed I would never have had this experience, I would have just got gas and continued onto Whitehorse. A true blessing and wonderful people I cannot praise enough. I will be telling everyone I know heading this way to stop by and say hello and spend some time there, they won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Nugget City? Share your experiences!