“Great food, busy place in town.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 29 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Cuisines: Canadian, Pizza & Pasta, Grill, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Brussels, Belgium
“Great food, busy place in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Nonsense food for a good value. Despite a busy place still served reasonably well. The offer a mixture of pizza and meat dishes.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Awful experience and bad pizza!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

In a nutshell...
- We were overcharged (and reluctantly refunded)
- Rude and uninterested staff
- Cold, hard pizza!

I can only assume that Romans has got good reviews from people because there are limited restaurants and pizza places in the area. However, there are some good reviews so perhaps we just had a bad experience...

We went in and felt staff were not interested at all, we were left standing at the door for a few minutes wondering what we should do.
We ordered a pizza and were told it would be 45 mins... when we paid I queried the price as it seemed more expensive than we had expected. The uninterested lady behind the counter said it is an extra 2.50CAD for an extra topping on a large pizza (we had plain cheese with pineapple on half of it)

We picked the pizza up 45 minutes later, after a 5 minute drive to our hotel we opened the pizza and it was awful! Cold, dry and the crusts were so hard and tough to bite into - I have never had such a bad pizza from a pizza shop! We could have saved ourselves 25CAD and just brought one from the shop next door and cooked it ourselves - it would have been quicker, hotter and better quality!

When I looked at the menu we had I noticed it said a topping on any size pizza is 50 cent, so the next day I went back in to mention that we had been overcharged. The girl was still rude and seemed surprised that I was there and wanting a refund of my overpayment. I mentioned the pizza was cold and not great and she said that they were busy -- and that was it!! shocking customer service! She walked off in the end and left it to another lady to do the refund and said "it's just 2 dollars". The other lady had to ring someone up to check how to do the refund and then was chatting on the phone still as she just handed me the 2 dollars. I would definitely never go back!

I was so shocked at the bad service here and would certainly not recommend it to anyone, don't waste your money!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Langley City, Canada
“Awesome Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

great service and very casual, we stopped by for lunch on our way back home from fishing. it was just perfect for us

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Yum......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

A nice small restaurant with a great patio. Highly recommended by one of the owners of the West Coast Motel. We all had pizza, (their specialty) and were not disappointed. Good value. We could'nt finish our meal and took home left overs.

Kamloops, Canada
“Excellent Caesar salad, pasta and pizza at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've become so used to mediocre Caesar salads that I rarely dare to hope for fresh and authentic. Boy, was this a nice surprise. Crispy lettuce, house-made croutons, house-made dressing, freshly shredded cheese, abundant whole cloves of roasted garlic.
The noodles in my husband's seafood pasta were freshly made and and the sauce and seafood were tasty. My daughter and I shared a delicious margherita pizza: thin, chewy crust, flavourful sauce, lots of fresh basil.
Our server was pleasant and efficient. The restaurant was full, but the wait for our food was reasonable. Dinner for three came to $58. Even with all the good restaurants in the area, we're going to try to make it back to Romans on this trip. Must have more Caesar salad!

• Visited August 2013