“Best B&B ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Regensburg, Germany
“Best B&B ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our family stayed at Judys wonderful B&B for only two nights and we really would have liked to stay much longer. The location is unbelievable, directly above the ocean with several decks at various hights with the most beautiful views. Nothing better to enjoy the hottub during the sunset or have the delicious breakfast served while watching out for eagles or seals.

Judy is a wonderful, cordial and cheerful host, we had many laughs together and she's a perfect travel guide for everything to do and see around Ucluelet and Pacific Rim. Our kids (8 and 11) were utterly charmed as well, enjoyed the well equipped social room and loved above all Baxter, the cute litte dog (I only say "mom"!)

But for the distance to Germany, we would stay here every year!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the trail suite, very spacious, enough room for four people, nice kitchenette, great vi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I wish you lived closer too! Your children were so wonderful and even Baxter missed them when they left.
The Trail suite is a lovely place for a family to stay. If kids get excited about a sleep over at the Bostrom's there is not a soul that will hear their gleeful noises. Conversely, when families travel together and they take over the two bottom rooms, the folk in the Trail suite don't get to hear their laughter unless they join them for breakfast in the morning. It is a perfect situation for giving those on a romantic getaway their privacy while I can still get to enjoy young guests who come to visit. How could it be better than that?
Judy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a absolutely wonderful time at this absolutely fabulous place. Judy had everything you could ever imagine covered (restaurants, hiking maps, local history, etc) The hot tub was the perfect end to a day and the view was awesome. Definitely would make this a destination again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I'm so glad to have met you folk and that pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sitting in the hot tub and watching the eagles soaring, the waves slapping the island, and the colors changing moods is one of my favorite ways to end my day as well. I'm looking forward to the spring when i can sit in the hot tub and watch the whales blow by on their migration. I love to share my favorite things with wonderful guests like you.
Wetaskiwin, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

First, the view is spectacular and the grounds and house are lovely! Second, the hostess is a gourmet cook, a caring and conscientious provider and a delightful conversationalist. Third, accommodations are excellent: comfortable, clean, eco-friendly and show a decorative flair. There are many extras such as fireplace, picnic baskets, books, game equipment, ice cold drinking water, snacks always available, a hot tub, well built staircase to the sea, etc., etc. Lastly we saw does, fawns, a variety of birds and fish from the balcony. At a nearby restaurant we watched whales while waiting for our dinner! We will return.

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for the wonderful review. It makes me thrilled that you noticed all the extra little things we put together for your visit. I had a fabulous time sharing stories with you over breakfast and I sure hope you do come back for a visit someday soon!
Saarlouis, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for four nights in the nicest Bed and Breakfast of our Canada journey: Bostrom's B&B. The rooms are beautiful, clean and luxurious. The breakfast/common room has a great view (so do the private rooms) and offers a lot to enjoy or to get information about Ucluelet and the Pacific Rim. Breakfasts were awesome. Judy and Gary are the best hosts and we were very happy with all the good recommendations we have received. Thanks a lot for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. We stayed in Wild Room and Trail Suite - both are great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
"Nicest Bed and Breakfast of (your) Canada journey", "Best hosts"? Ah, thanks guys. You made my day!
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

When we decided to drive to Ucluelet for a short trip with another couple, I asked a friend who used to own a B&B there where she would recommend we stay. She gave me just one name: Bostrom's. Our first introduction to the property was the lovely front garden with its large pond. But then when we walked around back to the guest entrance, our jaws really dropped. The view was perhaps the best of any B&B we have stayed at, over several decades of travel. Bostrom's has just three rooms. One is up by the hot tub, which overlooks the bay. Our two rooms were on the lower level, also overlooking the bay. But in addition to our rooms, each of which had a private bathroom, we found that we had an enormous living room, complete with comfortable chairs, large-screen TV and DVD collection; a billiard/snooker table; and a microwave and small refrigerator--snacks provided. It was if the four of us had rented a house!

There ended up being an issue with our room--a former guest had left shells or perhaps a wet bathing suit in the closet, and when we closed the door for the night, there was an odor. When we let Judy know the next day, she was horrified, apologizing profusely. She worked on the room all day, and by the time we got back, she had resolved the issue. She so clearly cared, and she worked so hard to make us "whole," that our rating of the B&B went up, not down, as a result of this problem.

And did I mention the food? Perhaps the best breakfast of any B&B we have tried.

We will never stay anyplace else when we return to Ucluelet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I just love it when I get the "jaw dropping" reaction when I walk folk around to the guest entrance. It makes me remember building the house, sitting on the beams, and dreaming that someday I would see this amazing view from the comfort of my own home. When building the house I never, in my wildest imagination, considered how rewarding it would be to share this view with so many wonderful folk. Your jaw dropping reaction helps me to see it all over again. Thank-you for reviving my "wow".
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went to Bostrom's for two nights for an anniversary trip. Judy immediately made us feel at home and was so wonderful for the entire stay. We were so comfortable in the room and enjoyed using the hot tub outside after our long days of hiking. The view off that deck... gorgeous. And I haven't even mentioned the food yet :) We took a picture of our breakfast... BOTH mornings!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I just love it when folk take pictures of the breakfast! We use borage, violas, and nasturtiums to decorate our plates and spiralize vegetables and fruits for texture. Comments like this make me want to do even better. I must go practice my drizzling! ;D
Prestwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this fabulous B&B situated on Little Beach. What a location! stunning views, natural beauty of Little Beach and surrounding area. Hosts Gary and Judy are the most warm and welcoming hosts with a great knowledge of local areas of interest and eating places. Judy's breakfasts are of the highest gourmet standard.Both can advise about the wildlife you can see in the area, in particular Gary for whales/ bear sightings and Judy is a mine of information about absolutely anything. The decking areas have superb views, to relax, with a book, coffee, plan your day, or chat about your days adventures, and don't forget the hot tub. Inside is a great source of games, books leaflets, a gigantic tv and pool/snooker table.
We have just arrived home and are planning to be back in a couple of years to spend longer here,as 3 days is definately not long enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I look forward to seeing you folk again in a year or so. 3 days really is not long enough. There's just so much to see and do in the area!
Judy

Been to Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay? Share your experiences!