We booked for 4 days and immediately upon arrival extended our stay here to a full week, knowing that the last 3 days would be solid rain. Why here?
It feels like you've rented a fairly new, functional condo rather than a motel suite.
* Spacious, immaculate living room/kitchenette + bedroom with king size bed & firm mattress + newly renovated bathroom with a LARGE bathtub and shower.
* Large, flat-screen TV with satellite + fast internet connection (great for rainy days).
* Quiet and private, with nice view of the marina.
* Walking distance to everything urban (and rural) in Ucluelet, including the Wild Pacific Trail.
* Ten minute drive to Pacific Rim National Park entrance.
* We can cook our seafood....which we buy across the street! There's a stove/oven and a large barbecue on the balcony. Yes, a balcony!
* The owner is friendly and accommodating.
* The price we paid for all this was the same or less than we paid for just a bedroom in B & Bs and in a fishing lodge that we stayed in on other parts of the Island... and in contrast to many B & Bs, you're not expected to leave during the day, which can be difficult in rainy weather.
I'm writing this review as the rain continues outside, while warm and dry I anticipate searing fresh West Coast scallops and Albacore tuna for dinner. Could you ask for more?