“what a rush” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 26 activities in Ucluelet
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Our professional guides will provide a safe and educational WestCoast Wild Zipline encounter you'll remember for the rest of your life! Grab the Adventure Keep the memory
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Nanaimo, British Columbia
“what a rush”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

my family was treated to a west coast experience. They enjoyed the exhiliration of the zip line the beauty of the erea, as a mom, I appreciated the professional competent guides and the enthusiasm of the leaders- my children really were grateful for " the funnest birthday ever"! The management allowed us to have a small barbque, and go for a lovely hike while we waited our turn. The icing on the cake was when my childrens favorite leader Joel came over to the car to say good bye. What a fun place and a great flagship for canadian eco tourism. Thanks WILD and good luck E macfarlane

Visited April 2011
WildLouis, Owner at WestCoast Wild Adventures, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thanks for the awesome review. I am glad you had e a great time and the guides treated you well. I am just trying to figure out how to manage my Facebook page so if you get a chance check out some of our Photo's at WestCoast Wild Zip, more to come. We appreciate if you let your family and friends know about us as we would like to make them smile too. Thanks Again. Louis

Nanaimo, Canada
“Six thrilling rides in a majestical river canyon surrounding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I brought my family out to see what Louis and the Tribal Parks guys had created in the woods and was very impressed with the friendlyness of the guides, the beautiful area and the safety of the whole experience (you're above a river canyon the whole time!). Highly recommend this adventure to people of all ages and abilities.

Ucluelet, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Can't imagine you could find a more exciting or picturesque zip line anywhere!!! You step off the platform into the canyon with a crystal clear dark green river, white rocks and waterfalls underneath you as you speed along. Incredibly Exciting!!!!!

Located in a natural setting in the rain forest of the beautiful west coast, easily accessible half way between Port Alberni and the Pacific National Park on Highway 4. The guides were very friendly, patient and seemed genuinely happy to be there (but then who wouldn't be).

Can't wait to go back again, especially if they add on the kayak tour down the river at the end of the zip. A real great addition to the area, which is in need of more activities especially exciting ones. Could be the start of an extreme sports capital of Canada. Maybe bungee jumping next for WestCoast Wild Adventures???????

Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking zipline experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Westcoast Wild has an amazing set of ziplines set in an extremely beautiful setting. The ziplines make their way through the rainforest, over rivers and eventually guide you on top of steep cliff sides for a breathtaking ride over a raging river canyon.

Our two guides were extremely passionate about their jobs and that made the experience that much more memorable. I only remember one of your names, sorry! But good job, Adam!

On the downside, their logging "crummy" transport vehicle truly is crummy. It's a worn down and filthy vehicle that needs to seriously be cleaned. Luckily, you're only in it for a 5 minute drive.
Also on the downside, it's difficult to find. The only indication the attraction exists is a poorly made spray-painted sign on the side of the highway.
Last, our group was unusually large. There were 10 of us altogether and the wait times between ziplines was not fun. The others were also locals, so we missed out on the ecotour. We simply pushed through the rainforest without much of a tour.

Other than that, I highly recommend a visit. There are absolutely no other ziplines with views as beautiful as what they offer, making it well worth the admission price.

Visited September 2010
WestCoastWild, Owner at WestCoast Wild Adventures, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
Thank you so much for your detailed review- we truly appreciate your comments and suggestions. We have a brand new highway sign in the works so in the near future you will be able to see our entrance more clearly indicated!
Ucluelet, Canada
“Ya gotta try it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Check out Westcoast WILD Adventures along Kennedy River just outside of Ucluelet, they are fantastic! They have a series of awesome Zip Lines through the river canyon with short trails through the Old Growth Forests. The colors in the river and the trees were amazing and the zip lines were sooo much fun! The guides were knowledgable about the trees and the history of the area and gave a great two hour tour... I am definately going again, and again, and again!!
Check out the video on their web page and I think you can book on-line too.

WestCoastWild, Owner at WestCoast Wild Adventures, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Thank you very much for your response! We are glad to hear you had a great time with us last summer and we hope to see you again in 2011!

Be sure to 'Like' us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for updates, contests and much more!