We stayed at Black Rock for 2 nights as we are planning our wedding there and made a trip to meet with vendors, conduct a site visit, and find a beach for our ceremony. We've stayed at many condo style/suite resorts and this was, without a doubt, the nicest suite we've ever stayed in of its kind. Walking into the lobby is breathtaking enough, you instantly feel like you are at peace with the beautiful view from every massive window.
Our check in experience was great, we were earlier than the stated check in time of 4 PM and were able to check in at 2:30. Our one bedroom suite faced Big Beach and right when from the minute we walked into our room, we knew we were going to have a relaxing weekend. We opened up the windows to let the wave noise in and explored our room - king sized bed, soaker tub with ocean view, rain shower head, huge beautiful bathroom (heated floors!), fireplace, kitchenette. One feature I really enjoyed was the two bottles of wine that you can enjoy and just charge to your room - Not sure why more resorts don't do that! Great for when you want a glass of wine but don't feel like sitting in a lounge or making a trip to the store. That often happens when you start relaxing in Ucluelet or Tofino... You don't want to leave the comfort of your resort or the sound of the waves for much. :)
The second floor in the main building has a common room with a games cupboard, and you can get cards from the front desk. I thought this was a fun little touch.
We toured the facility with Katherine, and checked out all of the spaces we will be using for our wedding day. She has been so helpful in helping us plan the day - quick to respond, booking our rooms, blocking off suites for our guests, and making great suggestions. On our tour we saw the plunge pools/hot tubs on the patio. Unfortunately with all of the planning we ran out of time to enjoy them, but they are in a lovely spot! Small hot tubs with an ocean view. Bliss.
We ate at both the lounge and the restaurant and both were fabulous. Limited menus, but great food.
There is plenty of parking, easy beach access, and easy access to trails. Black Rock has pretty much everything you need to relax, I wouldn't have been disappointed if we spent our entire weekend just at the resort. We can't wait to come back in May to stay and enjoy more of the resort and get married there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet