We got a deal on our room through Groupon (it would have been unbearably expensive otherwise) and it turned out to be one of the best mini vacations my husband and I have ever had. Our room was very spacious with a full kitchen and living room, separate bedroom and very large bath. We had full wall windows in the living room and bedroom looking out on the ocean. Our room was still secluded. There was no way for people to walk in between us and our view to be able to see the room, so it was very comfortable. We weren't there during whale season, but just the view and watching the weather roll in from offshore was enough to keep us happy.
There are large slate tiled floors in the kitchen and I accidentally knocked the coffee pot on to there floor where it shattered of course. I told the front desk about it as we were leaving for the day and upon our return a couple hours later they had cleaned the floor and replaced the coffee pot. They never even spoke of charging me for it and they didn't. I thought it was a demonstration of their great customer service. Also, we were never bothered by maid service. It's like she knew when we were in our room and would wait until we left. It was really nice not to be bothered even when we forgot to put up the "do not disturb" sign.
The most beautiful location. Expensive even with a Groupon, but you just have to splurge sometimes. Amazing weekend overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet