“Awesome - they made our bike ride pub garden stop off” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Hurst
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: I believe the Castle Inn has been under new management for about the last six months and is gaining a strong local reputation for its restaurant.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Awesome - they made our bike ride pub garden stop off”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great friendly staff - Beautiful place - Lovely food they really went out of their way to help us.... we ate so much we didnt want to get back on our bikes.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

England's Green & Pleasant Locations
“Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Lunch with friends on a rainy weekend. The Castle Inn was warm and welcoming; the staff were very helpful and attentive and the food, delicious. I would award 5 stars but the toilets are badly in need of refurbishment. Come on, guys - if you do nothing else, a replacement toilet seat is only about £15 and an upgrade from the very basic toilet tissue would look less penny-pinching. Apart from that - Excellent food and an otherwise wonderful way to spend a leisurely lunchtime. Book in advance as it gets crowded.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bury St. Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
“The best food I had in England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

While driving to Bath, I simply HAD to stop in Hurst as that is a family name. Got there just before lunch opening which gave me time to walk about the place. Three minutes later I was waiting outside for the open. (Hurst is a very small place.) The proprietor was kind and opened early for us and a few other patient souls. The menu was fairly diverse for such a small place in such an obscure location. We were so happy when the food arrived and it was sooooo good. The ribs literally fell off the bone. My mum's soup and jacket potato were very good. The staff was kind, helpful and cheerfully listened to my mother blather on. I only wish they were my local as I'd be there all the time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bracknell
“Good Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Visited with family for Sunday lunch. Around £21 for 3 courses. All 3 courses were pretty good. Probably the best sticky toffee pudding we've had for a long time!

Very busy when we arrived as there are only a few tables, but nice location and atmosphere. We'd go there again

Wokingham, United Kingdom
“This is our new favourite local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We have visited The Castle on a couple of occasions and have never been disappointed but our recent visit really impressed us. They have changed the menu and the new dishes are fabulous. They gave altered the way they serve the meals now as they come as a more reasonably priced full meal rather than having to order sides separately which significantly increased the price.

The selection of dishes is lovely and the quality is always good. I ate every single bit of my chicken dish, it was just too good to leave. I will definately be ordering this next time and I can assure you there will be a next time.

Service is also great here and the wines excellent quality. The wait for food isn't too long and it is more than worth waiting for.

If you are in the area come for a meal here. It's not cheap but if you are looking for something special this is it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere