“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pemberton Gateway Village Suites

You added Pemberton Gateway Village Suites to your Saves list
Pemberton Gateway Village Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7330 Arbutus St, Pemberton, British Columbia V0N 2L1, Canada   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pemberton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went for the weekend and I was really surprised with the size of the suite.
There is a kitchen in the suite if you choose to not eat at a restaurant you have everything you need at the suite to make your own food.
The place is close to the stores and restaurants and 30 mins from Whistler.
The staff is really friendly and nice.
There is a gas station right across the street.
And if you like to go for walks there is the one mile lake trail there too close to the hotel.

There is no lobby at the place.
I think it's the only thing I would change.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Pemberton G, Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Jotilia Thank you / Obrigadão for taking the time to review us via mobile; & thanks / 'brigado for the 4 stars. Reviews like this, with detailed descriptions are very helpful for other travelers.
We’re glad you found us a “Nice place” for the weekend with the family, & were pleasantly surprised with the size of the suite.
Yes, all the suites have kitchens, & as you correctly state, if you choose to not eat at Mile One restaurant downstairs, you have everything you need in the suite to make your own meals. Mile One Eating House is currently rated #1 on Tripadvisor of all 22 eating establishments in the Valley. They’ve just started offering waffles on Sat & Sun at 11am for Brunch.
Thanks/ ‘brigado also, for pointing out our place is close to the Village stores & restaurants, & only 20-30 min.s from Whistler. The Wood Restaurant & Lounge, & Backcountry Pizza are on the diagonal corner from us, & Mount Currie Coffee Co. is just across the street. We’re where the Village of Pemberton begins. It’s just 3 & 4 blocks to more restaurants, cafes & shops.
We’re glad too you found our “staff is really friendly & nice.”
Yes, there’s a gas station right across the street, & another one too, on the other diagonal corner; both with small convenience shops selling food.
Thanks/ ‘brigado too for pointing out that if one likes to go for walks there is the One Mile Lake trail starting across the road from us. Out the back door of the Hotel, are the trails along the Arn Canal, complete with the Quaint Wooden Covered Bridge that connects to the whole 200 km / 125 mile Valley trail network.
Your lobby feedback is noted. We believe by having staff on call 24/7 that meet guests, at the 2nd floor Office (suite #211), & not having a 24 hr. manned lobby we can keep costs down & pass the savings on to our guests.
Thank you / Obrigadão for your patronage. We hope to see you & your family again soon. This summer, I`m sure your child will love the free Kids Water Park, just across the street. There`s a kid friendly, great family picnic area with swings & sandy beach at One Mile Lake too 

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

Our suite at the Pemberton Gateway Hotel had an amazing view! Snow-covered pine trees and snow-topped mountain view in the background. We stayed in the two-bed suite with several windows that overlooked the Whistler Valley. The room included a terrace / balcony with a chair outside. The room was also incredibly spacious – it had two beds, one sofa bed, one bathroom, and a dining table. It also had a kitchen complete with refrigerator, microwave, utensils, oven and stove, and etc. Pemberton Gateway Hotel is conveniently located above high-quality restaurant called Mile One Eating House. Within walking distance of the hotel is a McDonald’s, Petro Canada, Convenience Store, Mount Currie Coffee Co., and etc., which we were incredibly satisfied about. The best part? The hotel was only 30 minutes away from Whistler Village and is much cheaper than hotels and suites located around the Whistler Village Area. Moreover, the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating – they went out of their way to make our stay convenient, comfortable and fun. We will definitely go back.

Umupa kami sa Pemberton Gateway Hotel at talagang nagustuhan namin doon. Ang ganda ng tanawin – GRABE SUPER! Kitang kita namin yung mga bundok at puno na may nyebe. Yung kwarto namin ay mayroong dalawang queen-sized na kama at isang sofa bed. Meron pang TV, microwave, refrigerator, electric fan, at lahat kumpleto pa yung gamit sa kusina. Tapos, marami pang malapit na restaurant and convenient stores – tulad ng Mile One Eating House, Petro Canada, McDonald’s, Mount Currie Coffee Co., and madami pa. Malapi din siya sa Whistler Village – 30 minutes away lang, at masmura pa yung Pemberton Gateway Hotel sa ibang hotel na nasa Whistler Village. Ang pinaka magandang bahagi ay mababait yung mga miyebro ng staff, lalo na yung manager – medaling makausap at maasikaso. Babalik talaga kami!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Pemberton G, Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2015
Dear Eben M. of Vancouver

Thanks for your review “Best Hotel Ever!” & thanks too for the 5 out of 5 stars *****. Thank you to for taking the time to review us in both English & Filipino / Tagalog & giving such a detailed, helpful description for other travellers.

We're glad you all liked your 2 Bed Rm Efficiency suite at the Pemberton Gateway Hotel & enjoyed the "amazing view" of "Snow-covered pine trees and snow-topped mountain"s.

To clarify our windows overlook the PEMBERTON Valley just north of Whistler . We're glad we could accommodate all your group's needs & that your stay was both "comfortable and fun". We're glad you'll all be definitely back. Hope to see you all soon, we're just a short drive from the Vancouver area.

Mga kababayan bisitahin po ninyo kami dito sa aming muntinghotel. Salamat po!
Lacey, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

My family traveled to Whistler and because the affordable places were booked, I looked at Pemberton lodging and chose Pemberton Gateway. We stayed at one of their suits and it was perfect for all of us; clean, specious and great location. We travel a lot and have stayed at less than desirable lodgings, so to hear my teens tell me I did "good" was great. Not a long drive from Whistler and I love how it is surrunded by mountains. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Pemberton G, Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2015
Dear . Cooper Family

Glad you all had a "Great getaway”. Thank you for taking a few moments to review us for other travellers, & thanks for all the 5 stars & posting a couple of pictures. We're glad too, you found our suites perfect , clean, & spacious.

I guess the best praise is that your teens told you did Good in picking us.

A great location: Not a long drive from Whistler - only 20 minutes. We love too, how Pemberton is surrounded by snowcapped mountains.

Hope to see your family again soon.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

This past weekend, my friend and I had the luxury of heading out to Pemberton to enjoy the winter season over the holidays. The price, quality and comfort was superb. I love the location of it also with everything across the street and great hiking trails just outside the door.
My friend and I had a bit of an emergency this weekend, due to the heavy snow fall, we ended up having a car accident. The Host of the hotel was very accommodating, not only was he available when ever I called, he also gave me an extension on storing my things as I organized my ride the next day, and until the very last minute of my departure, the host rolled my belongings to the greyhound bus so I could catch it on time.
So not only was I satisfied with the HOTEL itself and the price and location, I received exceptional customer service well beyond my stay. I will be back, I am glad I know about your hotel and I look forward to visiting Pemberton again:) Thank you.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Pemberton G, Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites, responded to this review, January 1, 2015
Dear Hana We appreciate you taking the time to write out a review for fellow travellers. We also appreciate you rating us 5 out of 5 stars for Location, Service, & Sleep Quality - we use fab`locally made BC & Alberta beds :).

We`re glad you found us “Clean, Affordable and Comfortable Accommodation with Exceptional Emergency Service`& that `` The price, quality and comfort was superb."

We love the location too "with everything across the street and great hiking trails just outside the (back) door" along the Canal or through the woods to One Mile Lake & it's boardwalk.

We're glad we were able to accommodate your needs, especially after the unfortunate car accident. We're thankful you & your friend are both well.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

A Tip: Next time bring your skates as One Mile Lake is iced up again. There is also free public skating in Whistler at the Olympic Plaza. For those without skates, there is rental on site. In Pemberton, skates can be rented at Spud Valley Sporting Goods.

May the only ice you have deal with be under the blades of your skates :)
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

We had a really great time on our weekend with my whole family. I highly recommend Pemberton Gateway Village Suites for people who are visiting to Whistler and Pemberton, it is a very comfortable place to relax at night, affordable and rooms are clean and big enough for the whole family, close for everything, and the two couple worker are super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Charlotte Thank you for taking the time to write a review for other travellers. Thanks too for the 5 of 5 stars for Value, Service, & Sleep Quality. We're glad all was to your liking.

We're pleased you all "had a really great time on (y)our weekend with" your whole family. The 2 Bed Rm Efficiencies are great for kids & even grand kids with a queen bed in each room & a large HideAbed / Sofa bed too. The full kitchen is great for those large family meals for the family get to gathers like yours.

Thank you also for recommending Pemberton Gateway Village Suites for everyone who visits Whistler & Pemberton,

We're glad you found us "very comfortable place to relax at night, affordable and rooms are clean and big enough for the whole family, close for everything." Thanks also for praising our staff.

We`re not too far from Nanaimo, hope to see you all again soon. The snow is great; maybe you can get some snowboarding in next trip:)
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

Thank you Myson and Ella for a enjoyable and restful two night stay recently. We enjoyed the clean comfortable rooms and the smiles and laughter were great as well. We really enjoyed the room that looked out towards the snow capped mountains that surround Pemberton, what a beautiful town you have.

Thanks again,

Bob and Charlotte

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Pemberton G, Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2014
Dear Bob & Charlotte.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Thanks too for giving us 5 stars ***** for Location, Rooms & Service. We're so glad you had an enjoyable & restful 2 night stay, & found our rooms clean & comfortable. The 2 bed Room Efficiency Charlotte requested had plenty of room for the Kids & grand kids too. We're glad too, you "really enjoyed the room that looked out towards the snow capped mountains that surround Pemberton". You're timing was great: Mount Currie, above you, was just dusted with fresh snow.

We agree it's a beautiful town. On behalf of 'Ela & myself we'd like to say 'Hope to see you & whole entourage again soon' . We're a short trip from Nanaimo, via Horseshoe Bay & BC Ferries. Don't wait another year for next trip! :)
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

We were initially very excited to stay at the Pemberton Gateway Village Suites, as we always spend a lot of time up in Pemberton during the summer for hiking. We were just finishing up a 2.5 week road trip through the USA and Alberta, and we headed into the town from Duffy Lake road when our car broke down. We were stranded on the side of the road, and had to walk to the nearest house down a logging road to use the phone, as we were in a dead zone. Anyways, we waited for nearly 6 hours by our car for a tow truck, and by the time we finally arrived back in cell service, we were able to call around town for a room for the night.

Gateway Suites said that they had two types of rooms available, one with a balcony, and one without. Excellent! We weren't going to be picky.

(It should be noted that the entrance to the hotel isn't glaringly obvious. The elevator to the suites is actually around the east side of the building, alongside a large patio. There is no lobby, only a "manager's suite" and a "check-in/viewing suite," where you pay, etc. Just wanted to put this out there so that others can easily find the entrance)

We arrived there about 15 minutes after our original call and said that we would like to book a room. This was around 7:30 at night, and we were tired, in desperate want of a shower, and eager for some rest after 6 hours spent in the sun on a dusty logging road. The manager informed us that the room would not be ready for another hour, as they had not yet cleaned it. ...this was at 7:30pm. Weird. How is a room that is supposed to be readily available to the public not ready by 8:00 at night?? We were a bit disheartened, but we didn't want to say anything, as we were just grateful to be sleeping in a bed. The manager did offer us some great suggestions for dinner that night, and for breakfast the following morning.

We went for dinner and returned around 8:45, and were informed that the only room available was actually a "two bedroom" suite. (which was actually just one bedroom and another bed in the main living area, separated by a curtain - very nice none-the-less) Anyways, he mentioned that we would be charged for a normal one bedroom at $119+tax, which we thought was very nice. At this point, it came to $137 after tax.

We arrived in our room at about 9pm, eager for some rest. The suite was very nice - new and modern, with ample space. However, I did notice a fair amount of crumbs on the bathroom counter, as well as the living room table. There were tons of marks on the walls - big black streaks from things rubbing against them, as well as large areas were the drywall and paint had been previously damaged.

Additionally, there was one small towel for us, and even though there were only two of us, it struck me as odd that there would only be one towel available if this suite was meant to house at least 4 people. We didn't feel comfortable going down to disturb the manager at 10pm to ask for more towels, so we shared between the two of us.

Normally, I wouldn't complain about ANY of this. A few crumbs... no big deal! One towel... no problem! Marks on the walls... who cares?!?!

But I feel inclined to mention it now, because I was left with a serious sour taste in my mouth over a phone call received from the hotel last night. Around 8pm on Monday night (the day we checked out) I realized that I had missed a call from Gateway Suites.

We called back, only to have the gentleman on the other end pointedly ask us if we had a pet in the room. Ummm no. We don't have any pets. Not even a damn fish. Well apparently there was pet hair in the room. He then proceeded to ask us if we had been camping with anyone who had a pet. Nope.

He then mentioned that both beds had been used, and we said yes, that we had used both beds. After a long day, my boyfriend and I weren't feeling well, and had used the opportunity to sprawl out individually and really get some much-needed sleep. We were then told that we had been notified at check-in that the price given to us was for ONE bed in the suite. My boyfriend politely said that no, we hadn't been notified of that at check-in, and we were under the impression that when renting a hotel room, you are entitled to use the ENTIRE hotel room. The manager then said that since it hadn't been mentioned, that he wouldn't charge us what would normally be $200 a night for the hotel, but that there was an extra cleaning fee for using the extra bed. At this point, we didn't want to start an argument, and just gave him the go-ahead to charge us an extra $20 for changing a bed.

Funny, my first thought is that they were calling to let us know that we had so generously forgotten a bottle of Bailey's in the fridge. Instead, they were calling to let us know that we would be charged for using an extra bed that is situated in our hotel room. Hmmm.

I get that there are policies and whatnot, but it isn't our fault for using amenities in our room when we are not informed that we will be charged for them. It's like putting a hair dryer on the bathroom wall and then charging someone after they've used it. Absolutely ridiculous.

It's too bad, as I was hoping to use this hotel as a place for a potential wedding hotel for guests next summer. But now I'm a little wary, what with the catches that aren't mentioned upfront, and the suites not being cleaned by 8pm at night.

I feel that I am usually very fair in my reviews, I don't complain about things unless they are off the charts. I would have given this place shining reviews if not for this.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Pemberton Gateway Village Suites? Share your experiences!