“Quad trip” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Off road/All Terrain Vehicle Trails, Sports
Red Deer
“Quad trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My 12 year old daughter and I just took an amazing 2 hour quad trip in beautiful surroundings. The owners are so fun and encouraging and never pushed me beyond my abilities. Training was excellent , felt safe and relaxed. We will return next time we are in the area!!

Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Exceptional Hosts, Guides, and ATVs - Going Back Next Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My family and I drove out from Calgary today for a two hour guided all terrain vehicle (quad) trip. It was a magical adventure! Our group of six (ranging in age from 24 to 52) were treated extremely well from beginning to end. We were greeted by Bonnie, her husband, Rob, and their son, James. It is a family run ("Mom and Pop") business that is extremely well organized. Bonnie gave a well thought out safety presentation. It was very helpful to hear tips from her, as all of us were beginners. I was nervous, at first, but felt relaxed and confident after being there for only a short while. Rob and James fitted us for helmets, which were of excellent quality. They took a "before" picture of our group and we were shown how to operate our vehicles. I was delighted by how much individual instruction we were given (how to start the atv, how to stop, how to use the throttle, how to lean into turns, how to stand on the atv when going through rough terrain, how to go through water, et cetera). Rob, James, and Bonnie made each member of my family feel special and I appreciated their teaching abilities and experience. Before we left on our trip, we followed Rob around a wee circuit - practicing turns, going up and down inclines, stopping. We were coached and monitored, to ensure that each of us were ready. When it was time to leave, I found it clever that the least experienced rider (me) rode behind Rob (the leader). James rode at the back of the pack. It was a good feeling having these experienced riders at both front and back. Rob was attentive and alert, constantly looking back to check on each of us. It liked it when he pointed out interesting vistas (a large beaver lodge, several ant hills, a cow skeleton, a fire lookout atop a mountain). He also seemed to know just what pace to set. So often, on tours, the guide is so painfully slow, but Rob seemed to know, after 20 minutes or so, that we were ready to go a bit faster. However, throughout the day, his main focus was the safety of our group. We came to some challenging spots and he allowed those who knew what they were doing the freedom to try them out - they were given such independence, yet his watchful eye was always there. When I struggled at one particular spot and wanted to know how to tackle it, Rob and James took the time to show me how to do so - they explained and demonstrated how to lean my body a particular way to make my way successfully. There were lots of thumbs up, encouragement, and happy visiting between my family, Rob, and James. They did an outstanding job of "reading" our group and, I have to say that when the two hours were up, I was already planning my trip back there next weekend. It was my nephew's birthday and my family visited with Bonnie, Rob, and James, sharing stories and just enjoying the day. They are wonderful hosts who made us feel welcome, but also safe and secure on the atvs, as well. Thank you so much!

Visited May 2014
“Understanding with cancelation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Booked a 2 hour quad adventure as our engagement celebration. Well being in Alberta the weather never likes to cooperate. The day of our booking there was about 20 cms of snowfall and a no travel advisory. I contacted Bonny to tell her we weren't comfortable traveling there. Her and Rob have been very accommodating with get us in for a later date.

We have planned to visit in 2 weeks time. Hopefully the experience on the tour is as good as our experience so far.

Visited May 2014
“Worth the trip from calgary!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Staff was awesome. They called you by your name and you felt like you were apart of their family not just a customer. Sights were breath taking. Our tour guide took lots of pictures of us and the scenery on our own camera.The directions we were given were awesome, exact to the point where we knew when we would reach gravel and everything.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Wow! Scenery and tour was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Bonnie was an amazing tour guide and the views we saw were absolutely breathtaking! We had so much fun and Bonnie took many pictures for us to take home and share with family and friends. We highly recommend Hidden Trails Adventures!!

Visited June 2013