“Very disappointing!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Very disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We have been loyal, returning customers for years. We started going to this Milestones ever since it started back in the day! We used to love the food and service. We are really easy going people and it would take alot to turn us off from a place all together.

Well, we had dinner with family there last night and I have to say we will not return again. In fact, I don't think I will go to any Milestones restaurant ever again. The food has gotten smaller and prices have gone up so much over the years it has gotten to the point of rediculous.
My husband's "chicken salad" was basically a medium size bowl of ice berg lettuce mixed with such little shaved chicken you needed to really look deep to find them. It was an insult! I am sure Mc Donalds salad is far better than theirs. And the kids's chicken fingers....also rediculous. Three tiny little pieces of chicken with a little bit of fries. At best, it would be good for a one year old. I was hoping the kids didn't notice, but my 6 year-old commented how small his food was and that it didn't fill him up!!

Next time we decide to go out for dinner, I would pick McDonalds over this place.
What a shame!

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
“brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was not that happy with my brunch.
I had the wrap but it had no flavor and was not very hot.
My date had the hash but again would not go back for it.

• Visited December 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
North Vancouver, Canada
“Waitress did not take responsibililty!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

So my family had a small lunch. We ordered our favourite salad and a burger thing.
When the salad came, there was no strawberries. The waitress walked away and said nothing. We did not notice it because we were setting up food and fries for our little one.

When we did, we waited for the waitress to come back and asked her about it. She said, we placed the order in and right then and there we ran out of strawberries.

SOOOOO?

She should have told us when she dropped off the plate and offered a replacement or substitute. This salad is about the nuts and strawberry.

No apologies. Just that it just happened. We were hungry and had a 2 year old to tend to. Well when the bill came, we got charged exactly what the salad was. I asked our waiter (she) could you please check on this as it did not have strawberries. She said she would approach the manager.
Well, we got $1 off and the manager came by to explain that they ran out of strawberries.

I had to approach the manager later after we paid our bill. I told him, you know, the point was not about the $ or refund. We just wanted the waitress to take responsibility and let people know up front and not try to hide something when serving food.

And to have asked her 2x about things and then having to talk to the manager just gets under my skin. I won't be going to that restaurant in awhile. My wife will cause she still loves the salad.

As we walked out, the manager then says.... we want to give you a card for a free appetizer or salad for the next time you come it.

WOW. BAD timing.

It was the PRINCIPLE not the $ that we cared about and being part of the food service industry in the past and being fans of MILESTONE's GRILL, I am saying "what is going on here?"

1. Take responsibility
2. If you made a mistake and own it and if the waitress is not empowered to say, I made a mistake and take the hit or loss, then it is a bad system.

When I was a cactus club, my client ordered a steak medium rare and got a well done steak. He was hungry and they said they would prepare another one and let him finish whatever until it was ready. We got the new steak and his old steak was 3/4 eaten. So he decided to take the new steak home. Cactus Club's manager came and apologized and took the entire steak off the bill. NOW THAT is customer service!!!

• Visited December 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food, good service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

Good food, good service. No Surprises.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook