“Excellent place to go.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vault is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 671 Restaurants in Surrey
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 58 Ave
B.C
“Excellent place to go.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

awesome appys, great food , nice relaxed atmosphere, but portions a little on the small side. could easily eat two entrees. nice place to go would return.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

BC
“Nice dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Overall good experience, live music and attractive restaurant.

Tsawwassen, Canada
“Best in Surrey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Love the seafood grill! Great value, amazing music, cozy environment. Great for group dinners and they always offer coupons and specials. Highly recommend the chicken pasta dish. Only fine dining restaurant in the area I would recommend.

Langley, BC
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Service and food were average or worse and prices were not cheap. To start, we were shown to our reserved table and then sat there for 10 minutes before we were acknowledged by a server. After being seated at a more private table our server finally came to take a drink order after another 10 minute wait. I had a seafood penne that was very ordinary but at least it was hot. Too bad I had to wait 5 more minutes for my wife's pizza to arrive and to start eating. Her pizza was small, soggy and over-sauced with what appeared to be "Bulls Eye". Our friend's meals were equally as disappointing. A $25 liquor store wine was priced at $56. There was live music this night (Friday's and Saturday's) and it was terrible. I like the blues but this one man band was just annoying.
I would not recommend this retaurant and won't be going back any time soon. Too bad because there is a shortage of upscale restaurants in this area.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
vancouver
“great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

My husband and I recall The Vault being opened years ago and being big fans of its sister restaurant The Washington Avenue Grill we tried it then. That experience was not the greatest... They had just opened, didn't have any heat and the fact that we were freezing made the meal unbearable.
I have to be honest that we kind of wrote the restaurant off at that time, and until recently only went back for lunch with the girlfriends.
Last week we decided to give it another go, and I am so glad that we did!

The service: We had a wonderful female waitress who was attentive, organized, and had a great dispostition about her. She went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great dinner and were taken care of. At one time I was trying to get my cherry out of the bottom of my drink glass and returned with three more in a shooter glass for me so that I didn't have to dig anymore. It was sweet and for someone who was sooo busy since it was a Thursday night I really appreciated that.

The music: OnThursday there was a fantastic solo male performer who had a great blues vibe to him. The place can get loud so if you are having a romantic dinner you may want to get a table further from the stage.

The food: Considering the WAG is one of my favorites, I didn't think the food would be comparable but I was pleasantly surprised!. I for the most part will only eat pasta on special nights out, so was thrilled when the wild mushroom and chicken farfalle was sooo delicious. It made my cheat night so worth it!
My husband had the scallops over wild rice and not being a seafood eater have to take his word on how good his plate was.

If you have passed by because it is downtown Cloverdale , don't.

Well worth it, and it was a great experience. We will be going back.

• Visited December 2011