“Big Poop Stain On The Mirror” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Canadian Inn

Save Saved
You added Canadian Inn to your Saves list
Canadian Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6528 King George Hwy, Surrey, British Columbia V3W4Z3, Canada   |
Ranked #13 of 20 hotels in Surrey
Vancouver, Canada
“Big Poop Stain On The Mirror”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This place is terrible.
Water damage in our room, loose wiring under cupboards, the TV was so crap.
Also, there were cigarette burns IN ALL 4 BEDS! THAT IS DISGUSTING. SO HEINOUS.
Not only that but let me mention the disgusting smell of the rooms, and musky taste in the air. Also the heaters were always so hot and cold and the room was just falling apart before our eyes.
Also, the bed sheets... flower prints. Like seriously.. update your outdated motel.
Greasiest hotel I have ever stayed in and will never stay in it again.
The joke with my friends was "I am pretty sure they owe ME two stars" or "They should pay us for staying here". Disgusting. Do not stay here. Go spend extra money on a nice hotel. Or just sleep in your car haha.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a good room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I just love it, awesome service. We enjoyed .. very clean rooms.
highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Castlegar, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My boyfriend and i had rented a room to stay in last night, and ended up getting in a car addicent leaving us vehicle-less in the middle of downtown vancouver, 8 hours away from home. When i called to explain and cancle our reservation, the manager told us that we would still be paying full price for the room. No sympathy for what happened, or even no general understanding that we had no way to get to the hotel, never mind our 8 hour trip home. I had to beg him to only charge $40, and even then i think he will still charge the full price. Useless.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Canadian_Inn_Manager, Manager at Canadian Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
The staff at Canadian Inn is very sympathetic for kkbrr's situation but unfortunately our reservation policy is very clear about cancellations. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future as you never actually had the chance to stay with us.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We made our reservation on line without knowing what to expect. No offence to the reception, he was nice but the room smelled so bad. I didnt sleep at all the whole night. The pillow smelled like somebody used it already, the bed sheets were dirty and old and i was scratching my body the whole night. I had to use my towel as a blanket. We checked out right away the next day and find another hotel. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I am very particular when it comes to staying in hotels/motels. I was more than pleased with Canadian Inn! This was a great value and the room was very clean. The staff is remarkable, extremely friendly and respectful.I would definitely stay here again........

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

really nice stay. front desk staff was wonderful, very polite. room was very clean. very quite

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

While in Surrey, I stayed at this hotel on a whim. The room was $75 dollars a night with $50 dollars deposit (I don't use credit cards for deposits). The hotel is broken into 2 pieces, a building in the front and one in the back. The area is heavily treed which makes the parking lot rather dark. Surrey is a pleasant looking city if you're an outsider but don't be fooled. It's not the greatest area in the world. Lock your doors

The front desk was polite and pleasant. The room was quiet and for the calibre of hotel it was clean. I did find a condom wrapper on the floor & a meth pipe buried deep under the mattress. I inspect every room for bedbugs hence me finding it. Normal cleaning staff wouldn't have found it so I don't blame the hotel. The condom wrapper was on the floor.

On my way out in late evening I did encounter a woman that works the street corner & her client in tow. While it may be easy to criticize the hotel for this, I would not. I did work in the hotel industry and 5 star hotels have their fair share of the working escorts in the rooms.

I left the next morning without incident. The deposit was refunded immediately and the individual was quite pleasant. This is not an upscale motel but one suitable for hardy travellers looking for a cheap place to sleep. Not a place I'd call kid friendly or for someone expecting upscale service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Canadian Inn? Share your experiences!