“Fun with 'Fhu'” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Surrey, Canada
“Fun with 'Fhu'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We decided to try an authentic Vietnamese noodle house for the very first time at the urging of our daughter and her boyfriend. We were both pleasantly surprised. After a lengthy wait, our steaming, savory noodle bowls arrived along with the unmistakable aroma of cilantro wafting in their wake. The thinly sliced beef in the uniquely tasty broth was excellent. While I added some of the fresh beah sprouts from a side dish, I was happy just slurping on the broth! My dish was the House Special Noodle soup (regular size) at $6.85. My significant other was having #15 (large) - Noodle soup with eye round steak, well done flank, soft tendon and beef tripe ($7.85). We finished our bowls to the last drop....no 'doggie bags' for this type of meal! Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a group of high schoolers in private uniform enjoying their pho. Another group of office workers having a raucous time. And university kids from the SFU tower from across the way doing exactly the same. South Asian, East Asian, Canadian families, all blending in and enjoying their 'fhu'. The place was packed. Quite a transformation for Surrey City Centre and an old Seven-Eleven that is now All About Pho.

• Visited April 2013