“Definitely worth it for good thai” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 690 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Thai
Cloverdale, Canada
“Definitely worth it for good thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was nearby shopping and needed a place for dinner tonight. I didn't want the typical place that you find in most of the neighbourhood or fast food. So we stumbled into Nahm - with it's modern look we weren't sure what to expect but thought how bad could it be.

It was GREAT! The server was friendly. The food was amazing and well priced for the size of portion. Two dishes were perfect for sharing but we ordered three. We had the Pad Thai and the Chicken Lettuce Wraps along with one of the stir fry dishes.

Though the pad thai noodles were slightly underdone - you didn't notice for the flavour. Same with the lettuce wraps.... very yummy! We had extra to take home.

I definitely recommend stopping in for a plate of your own or to share with your friends or sweetheart! Try to save room for dessert - they had some that looked AMAZING!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Surrey, Canada
“A quick delicious meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is one of my favourite local places in the Whalley area to get a relaxed and tasty dinner. The restaurant is extremely clean and the modern décor offers a very nice feel. The service is always very friendly and prompt, and the taste of the food never disappoints. My girlfriend and I always get one of the large soups and one of the main dishes, and share both of them. We tend to usually have a little lunch leftover in most cases as well, depending on how hungry we are going in.
We will continue to visit this restaurant many more times because it's so close-by and we always know what we are going to get there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“great Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have went here since they opened the decor is very clean and quite simple but looks high end with fancy lights and white weather seats. Food is very good too dishes are colourful and flavorful. The staff are alawlys happy to serve you too. prices are resonable too.
itis also well lit by natuaral light

Definatly recommended

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent casual lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I just enjoyed an excellent Thai lunch at Nahm Thai Bistro. Nahm is very clean with a modern, casual atmosphere. It is at the corner of a small strip mall.

Service was prompt and efficient -- perfect for a quick lunch away from the office.

I had tom yung goong (tom yum soup with prawns) and som tum (papaya salad). The tom yum was exceptional. It had a good balance of saltiness from fish sauce, heat from the peppers and tang from limes. It was laden with juicy prawns. At $4.50 for a small bowl -- more than enough for an appetiser size -- it was a real bargain.

After learning I formerly lived in Thailand, they ramped up the spice in the som tum. Luckily they still held back a bit. It had lots of heat -- not as much as I was accustomed to in Thailand, but much more than my Canadian taste buds were used to. It too was a very large portion. Again for $8 it was a bargain. It could easily be shared by a small group to accompany other dishes.

They have a long list of special curry combos for lunch. I didn't try any but the people around me all looked satisfied.

After having lived in Thailand, I find many Vancouver Thai restaurants really don't make the grade. Nahm is an exception. I'll definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Victoria, Canada
“Good thai take-out experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was my first time at Nahm Thai. Ordered take out from here last night - It was ready quickly 10-15 mins, ordered the Pad Thai but with Chicken instead of shrimp. It was very good, although the pieces of chicken were a little small and skimpy. The portion of the meal was more than enough for dinner and some left overs. I will definately be getting take out from here again and would like to try the Chicken green curry next time. The enviornment of the restaurant was nice and modern so dining in would be nice also. The staff was very nice and went out their way to help me find the location.

Visited January 2013