“Nice Stay with 4 Stars Potential” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15808 | 104th Ave, Surrey, British Columbia V4N 5L2, Canada (Guildford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Surrey
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kamloops, Canada
“Nice Stay with 4 Stars Potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

As usual, one can expect certain standard with the HIE chain being family friendly. We were not sure about this hotel at first as there was no review yet and also no photo of the establishment. On arrival, it looks modern, so may be it is rather new. The hotel front desk staff was friendly, and we liked the nice glass doors of the breakfast area. The room was very clean and came with free wi-fi and complimentary newspaper. We had a very comfortable stay.

As we had stayed in many other HIE hotels that promoted themselves into the 4-stars image, here are some suggestions:
(1) Breakfast - the lady "Vilma" was very busy refilling breakfast items, but in small quantities at a time. Try refilling larger quantities, guests won't run out of food & time, and you will look more efficient.
(2) Breakfast - Add the little specialty creamos as available at other HIE hotels. Your customers will appreciate the nice treat to start their mornings.
(3) Bathroom condiments - Add mouthwash (we can live without the lotion).
(4) Load up a photo image on the HI page will make your guests feel more connected to you:)
You have great potential to make a 4/5 rating!!!

Room Tip: All the floors are good as it is in a quiet neighborhood.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
The time you have taken to write of your experience at our hotel is most appreciated. Your suggestions regarding breakfast and ammenities will be brought up at the next manager's meeting and will be considered, again I appreciate the effort made to bring those to my attention.
I am surprised about the suggestion of posting hotel pictures and the lack of reviews for our property however, as we have pictures on all channels including the www.hiexpress.com website and I am unaware of any internent booking avenue that would not share these photos with potential guests, nor do I know of any channel that does not link to reviews of our property. I would be very interested in knowing the url of the website you had visited as much effort is made to promote this beautiful hotel and showcase the wonderful things our guests have been kind enough to submit regarding their experiences. Please feel free to contact me directly at gm@hiesurrey.com.
Please accept my sincere appreciation for bringing this to my attention and we hope to host your next stay in Surrey soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times over the years for both business and pleasure and always find it to be an excellent property. It is in an ideal location close to Highway 1 and the Port Mann Bridge but very quiet. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel as the rooms are well maintained and the staff is excellent.

Room Tip: rooms on the back side of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here while visiting family nearby. Room was kept clean and staff were very nice and attentive. Continental breakfast was included and also included some hot items like pancakes and eggs. Nothing amazing, but as expected. Overall stay was comfy and as location is ideal (near Guildford mall and the highway) would stay here again or recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel is very close to my home and was booked for a 'retreat' ....some time to be alone with my sister and grand daughter. As soon as we entered the room I used the bathroom and found a 'short hair' on the floor so flagged the cleaning staff to remove it...which they did immediately. I found a 'long black hair' in the pillow case, which I removed and disposed of. None of us have long hair, or even black hair. I decided to sleep at home because the bed was too soft for me and home was only a few mins away. I left the room for my sister. She pulled down the comforter on her bed and discovered a small 1/4" blood stain on the inside of the comforter. We did report our findings to the front desk upon checkout. The staff were very receptive and polite and accommodating during our stay. I asked them to recommend that they put gluten-free breakfast cereal (CHEX, Crunchy Flax), at the breakfast as I have Celiac Disease. I did take my own cereal and ate fresh fruits and yogurt but I felt that in the future, there are lots of people who travel from out of town that also require a gluten-free diet. The hotel itself is very nice and I will return, but before I accept my room, I will check it out thoroughly. The pool and hot tub were wonderful and other than my findings, I enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are located away from busy traffic. Doors in hallway slam so my sister could not...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Of all the places you could have chosen here in Surrey you chose us, thank you! That is a huge compliment in itself because you are from here and know the many choices available, we very much appreciate you trusting us to host you and your sister's get-away.
I am very disappointed to hear of the issues you had during your time with us however, and thank you very much for taking the time to bring them to my attention. It is when those important details are overlooked that we fail in delivering the kind of stay we want all our guests to experience and I apologize for letting you and your guests down. Thank you for your very kind words as well regarding the responsiveness of our staff and I am so pleased you and your guests were able to enjoy the pool and whirlpool. Also, your recommendations for gluten-free cereal will be seriously considered and presented to the ownership, thank you for the suggestion. The products on the Express breakfast are dictated by IHG but perhaps we are able to offer that as a "local extra".
Please feel free to contact me directly as I sincerely wish the opportunity to make this right.
Thank you again fo sharing your experience and I look forward to hearing from you.
Cheryl Neathway gm@hiesurrey.com 604-930-8510 ext 7002
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our room smelled clean when we entered it. It was a decent size and nicely decorated and renovated. I had requested a room at the back on the top floor. We faced the side at the back where construction was happening next door, but it was the weekend and not a problem since noone was working there. My biggest complaint was that the place is not sound proof. In our room we could hear people in the hallway and every time a door closed we heard the slam and the click when it closed. I put in my ear plugs though and had a good sleep. The bed was comfortable enough. I liked that it didn't have a quilted bed spread but a cotton throw that was clean. We weren't impressed with the continental breakfast. It was the usual with mostly starch and sugar - - would suggest that if you are planning to eat there that you get there early. There was an automatic pancake machine and sausages, which I don't eat. Would have rather seen bacon. The coffee though was excellent. Our room had a coffee pot, fridge and microwave. We booked as a priority club and AAA member and received a good price. I used the hot tub which was enjoyable and hot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel is a great place for a Business traveller . The staff is really good . The Management is doing a great job with the hotel . Must stay while you are in that city . I shall stay again when i am in there for sure . The staff at the REception desk are the best . They made sure that i have a great stay.

Room Tip: AS for a quite room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Chose this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews. we were in town for the McCartney concert and some bird watching. The room was clean and cozy, bed comfortable. Breakfast was very decent. The eating area was very well kept and the staff was helpful. Did not swim in the pool. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Just an FYI. If you will be staying here anytime before dec 1, 2012, be aware that the new Port Mann bridge on the highway 1 going into vancouver is reduced to one lane, as well as, numerous construction projects from the bridge into town, it will take a minimum of 2 hours go get into downtown Vancouver. Take the other bridge which is south of the new one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey? Share your experiences!