“excellent service and friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15808 104th Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia V4N 5L2, Canada (Guildford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Surrey
Winlaw, B.C.
“excellent service and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

confirming room, very personable staff
helpful and joking staff
excellent breakfast
I give it 110%

Room Tip: quiet rooms at back of hotel, overlooking gardens
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you for your positive review!
We enjoy our guests and it is great that you can appreciate their sense of humour.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Not only was the place beautiful, modern, & clean, but the pool was awesome, complimentary breakfast delicious and the staff was excellent and went way above any customer service I would have expected! My daughter dropped a favorite toy down the elevator shaft as we were leaving. They not only took the time to find it, but then mailed it to us in the states! Beyond imagineable in today's world! Thank you Holiday Inn!!!!

Room Tip: Back side of hotel faces green space!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
I felt badly that we weren't able to retrieve the toy right when it was dropped but I am pleased it made it to you in good time, and it was our pleasure.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our area.

Hamilton, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I recently stayed at this property on a trip through the area with my family. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The front desk staff was very accomodating and eager to help. I had reserved a quiet room months in advance. Unfortunately such a room was not held for me and we were assigned a room at the front of the hotel which is subject to road noise. I would stay here again but would make sure my room request had been verified first.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of our property.
Our front desk staff will appreciate your kind words regarding their friendliness and willingness to assist you during your stay, they do truly make an effort to improve any guests' day.
Without knowing what room type you booked or when you stayed with us I am unable to comment on the request for a quiet room. For instance, if it was a jacuzzi suite they are all located on the street side of our property therefore it would not have been possible to block your room differently. I hope that your positive review is an indication that the street side room did not disturb your stay completely. Our front desk staff all make concerted efforts to fulfill all requests, but as with all hotels (during the busy season especially) sometimes circumstances do not allow all specific wishes to be granted. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed.
Thank you again for submitting your review and I hope you will be back again to enjoy our great service!
topher91
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The wife and I decided to head out to Vancouver this past weekend to do some shopping. The whole trip was booked last-minute, and we didn't have much time to look for a hotel so we booked it on a whim.

Overall, it was a very nice hotel. The rooms were clean and my wife did not find anything to complain about. The bathrooms appeared to be clean and well stocked and the front desk was more than willing to provide us with bathroom items such as a toothbrush (I forgot mine) and other small items.

I also noticed that the parking lot is patrolled by a security guard, which was nice as Surrey doesn't have the best reputation for safety, and most of our belongings were in the car as we arrived really late. The security guard was walking the lot at 2am, which was nice to see.

The hotel is right in the midst of a construction zone, so it's a little hard to navigate. No real complaint against the hotel in this regard, but budget some time and patience if you are trying to get into or out of Vancouver, because GPS wasn't much help for me.

The best part of this hotel are the amenities. Guests are permitted the use of a computer and printer, in-room internet access, a gym, a pool, and a free breakfast every morning. Believe it or not, the breakfast is actually quite good! I've been to several hotels where the continental breakfast consisted of a coffee and croissant, but this one included things like cereal, hot eggs and sausage, pancakes, coffee, tea, juice, croissants, cinnamon buns, toast, and many other items. There is a full sitting area for you to eat too.

The bedroom was basic, but clean. I never walk into a 3-star hotel and expect a 5-star, so my reviews are always focused along the lines of similarly classified hotels. The beds were made and the sheets were clean, the bathroom was modern and a fair size, and the TV had enough channels to keep us busy in the mornings. The TVs are still tubes, however, which is a little unusual these days.

The front desk was always awesome. As mentioned, we arrived late and the man at the front had my paperwork ready to go. This saved us at least 10 minutes, as he was expecting our arrival. They were always eager to help, which was nice.

The only reason I didn't give this hotel a full 5-stars was because they put us in the first room on the main floor of the hotel, right near the breakfast area. For some reason, I think it was also next to the housekeeping area because every morning at about 7am, I'd hear doors slamming and people talking right outside my door. Since we were only staying two nights, and I didn't know if this going to happen both nights, I didn't ask to be moved but I am still disappointed in the fact that the staff did not have the insight to take precautions when cleaning/walking past our hotel room that early in the morning on a weekend. Since I know that the management reads these reviews, I would ask that they would ask staff and guests to exercise restraint in the mornings as heavy hotel doors make a loud bang each time they are closed.

Otherwise, a good hotel, great amenities, and a great price.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
This review is fantastic, so thorough and offers some great tips too! I wish to thank you very much for caring enough to take the time to be so detailed and I'm sure travelers who rely on these candid reviews appreciate your efforts as well.
I will definitely address the noise issue you experienced in the morning on the ground floor and I am so sorry to hear that we interrupted your sleep.
Your words of praise will be shared with the staff and I thank you on their behalf as well, it is always great to hear your service was appreciated.
We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and wish you safe and happy travels in your future vacations. We hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past few seasons. It is the most accommodating hotel. Every request put forth seems to be granted with professionalism and a smile. The hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious. My team loves staying at this Holiday Inn location. See you again next season.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Thank you very much for your great review! Our staff will be thrilled to read your wonderful comments and we all very much appreciate you posting your praise about our property and service. We will continue to work hard to please you and your team members.
We look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

It is a nice enough hotel.
There was a lot of traffic at certain times. Transcanada hwy 1 is undergoing construction in this area, so the traffic was thick there.
My 5 yr old wanted a pool and they had one. We used it once. It is pretty small and on the cool side. They also have a small hot tub. we used that more than the pool I think.
We had rooms that did not face the road, so I slept well. Beds were comfy. Pillows were comfy too - one soft, one firm.
We went to Grouse mountain/capliano susp bridge one day and Vancouver another day. It is a ways to drive if you get stuck in traffic. When we went to the mountain the traffic was not a problem and this hotel seemed like a good choice. When going to Vancouver we left later in the morning again, but did hit some traffic that wasn't too bad once we got out of the immediate area.
Thier rush hour is not fun. Avoid getting into and out of Vancouver from 4 to 6:30 pm.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you very much for your great review!
We realize that navigating through the construction on the highway can be a bit challenging at times, we are so looking forward to that project being completed. Thankfully we are not affected by the noise or dust, but it can create heavier traffic during peak hours when you exit on to the highway to travel around the Lower Mainland. Your advice to avoid the highway between 4:30 and 6:00 is perfect.
I'm so pleased to hear you had a comfortable sleep as we recognize that that is one of the most important aspects of any guests' stay.
I noticed you have submitted several reviews to Tripadvisor previously. As a fellow traveler, please let me thank you for taking the time to share with us your experiences, your opinion is greatly valued and appreciated.
I also wish to thank you as a General Manager, I recognize that a guest's honest account of a stay is incredibly important to those looking to choose their next hotel and your great review truly means a lot.
Airdrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We travelled with 11 volleyball players and 7 parents in May to this hotel.
The entire stay was fantastic. The staff including Jason who was very efficient and organized while checking our crew in to Ali on day shift, were all incredibly helpful.
The staff not only were friendly and helpful but they knew their city as well as were easily able to give directions to volleyball venues, tourist attractions and eateries.
The hotel was very clean, and looked new. The hot breakfast was excellent with lots of healthy choices for our athletes.
The beds were incredibly comfortable and the choice of pillows was second to none.
The service we received was second to none.
We will be back and we are telling all of our friends what a great facility you have and the fantastic staff you have. Thank you for the great experienc.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
All of us here would like to say that we are now HUGE fans of volleyball, your team and the other teams that stayed that weekend were fantastic!
It was a true pleasure to host your stay and we are extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us, we enjoyed hosting all of you.
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post your great review. It excites all of us when we read about successful stays and encourages us to strive to do even better next time.
We look forward to inviting you back again!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey? Share your experiences!