“perfect place to entertain and stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford

You added Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford to your Saves list
Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 a Street 10608, Surrey, British Columbia V3R 1J8, Canada (Guildford)   |
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Surrey
Moncton, Canada
“perfect place to entertain and stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is an all suites hotel and our suite was a large one bedroom with full kitchen and a balcony as well. The suite was great and gave us personal privacy as we were entertaining family before dinner. The kitchen fridge allowed us to chill the wine, and appetizers. We went to dinner downstairs at Moxie's, great atmosphere and good food. Service at the front desk and at Moxie's was fantastic. We had free parking for our guests and us. Also the location of the Sandman was great because everything was very close (including Wine & Beer store) at the Guilford Centre. Also good location to catch an early ferry to the Gulf Islands. All and all we were very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Secure underground parking. Moxie's Restaurant is great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was very fortunate to find this property on a recent project I did in Guildford Town Centre. Very close to the job.

From the moment I checked in, Tiffany at the front desk was awesome to deal with, as was all of the staff. Special mention to the former manager Michael, just as important is Raunak, the front office manager. The staff will go out of their way to make you feel a valued guest. Any issues were dealt with immediately. The entire staff is an asset to the brand.

The rooms are very comfortable, very large and competitively priced. At 600+ square feet it is a great suite. The on suite laundry is a nice touch, as well as full kitchen and plenty of storage. The fireplace/ heater is nice, the balcony is a great touch. Some great views from the higher rooms. The air conditioner location is questionable, being in the living room and not the bedroom, a design flaw indeed. However being in the pacific northwest, you won't need the ac often and there are plenty of heaters. Secure parking for guests is a plus, however I did not notice any troubles on the other parking.

I stayed at the Sandman for 14 weeks, and it was a nice home away from home. I would and have recommended this property without hesitation, and when in the Metro Vancouver area, I would stay here again.

There is a lot to do in Surrey, if you look about. You could do far worse choosing somewhere else to stay on your visit.

The property does however need some exterior freshening up, it is showing its age.

Lots of shopping and restaurants near by also.

Room Tip: try to get a room ending in 07, great views of the Fraiser Valley from here, as well as Mount Baker...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Location was great. Rooms/suite very large. Washer/dryer not used as we were only there for a couple of night. Full kitchen nice to have for snacks etc. Balcony was nice. Room was a tad warm as AC is only in the main part of the suite. Other than that it was great

Room Tip: During construction next door I would ask for a room facing tiwards the noth
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This was our third time staying at this hotel. The staff are so accommodating from the awesome front desk clerk Anna to our waitress in Moxies. (Can't remember her name but she is a soccer player). Great Job Ladies! Had a meal that we shared and the taster dessert! It was just perfect! The rooms are great with the suite. If I could make a recommendation it would be to put something in the bathroom to put our stuff on as the counter was so small. Also I think hotels should offer more suitcase holders as most of us travel with more than one suitcase and I don't like to put mine on the floor if I can help it so there are no other options but to put it on a table which I don't really like to do. If I am only staying a day or two I don't generally unpack. Also this hotel is located in a great location if you are travelling all over the city and parking is free!
Had a bit of a disappointing snack and drink in the lounge the second night but I am hoping that was a one time experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad to hear that our staff were able to make your stay with us memorable.We truly appreciate you choosing Sandman Hotels for your accommodation needs.

Caitlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

For 6 weeks during a corporate relocation from the United States to Canada, we stayed at this property. The rooms were ideal, essentially a one bedroom apartment with laundry in the suite, which more than met our needs compared to any other hotel options we might have had. With the Moxies Restaurant attached to the lobby, it provided the freedoms of having a beverage or full meal if we wanted out of the suite for a change. The staff at the Moxies was quick, efficient and friendly.

This review is being written mostly because of the EXEMPLARY service we received from the staff at this property. Raunak Chopra and the rest of the team there were absolutely fantastic. Always sincerely pleasant, extremely helpful in all our needs, and even neighborly in our dealings for such a time. I've had many travels and hotel experiences in my career, but this one was the first I felt compelled to write about. If considering this hotel for a stay, and still unsure, I'd suggest you call them to experience first hand how great this team of people is.

• Stayed July 2013
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff took care of you. The suites are often very handy for guests travelling on business. Having the kitchen to cook your own food and the washer and dryer to wash your own clothes is a real plus and a great way to save money. If we can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Sandman Hotels have over 46 properties throughout BC and Canada with many different room types.
We truly appreciate your business and feedback.

Caitlin
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Loved this Hotel. The Front Desk Staff were very nice. Even with the room facing 2 main streets it was very quit. Missed out on the free coffee and muffins in the am, it was our fault for not comming down soon enough. Parking was free that is a nice perk to have, they have staff that patrol the lot to make sure your car is safe. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Raceland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. The rooms are quite spacious. The location is a little far from vancouver plus you will pay $6 toll per day as you would be crossing the mann bridge to get into Vancouver. My biggest gripe with the hotel was their lack of responsiveness. One of the biggest reasons of staying at this hotel was free Wifi. I never got free wifi. I never got any wifi. To work at night, I had to stay in the hallway so that I can get even a faint signal. I talked to four different people in 7 different phone calls however, despite assurances, it was never fixed. Utterly disappointing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family