“Little R&R” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford

Save Saved
You added Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford to your Saves list
Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 A St 10608, Surrey, British Columbia V3R1J8, Canada (Guildford)   |
Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Surrey
Surrey, Canada
“Little R&R”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Location was great. Rooms/suite very large. Washer/dryer not used as we were only there for a couple of night. Full kitchen nice to have for snacks etc. Balcony was nice. Room was a tad warm as AC is only in the main part of the suite. Other than that it was great

Room Tip: During construction next door I would ask for a room facing tiwards the noth
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This was our third time staying at this hotel. The staff are so accommodating from the awesome front desk clerk Anna to our waitress in Moxies. (Can't remember her name but she is a soccer player). Great Job Ladies! Had a meal that we shared and the taster dessert! It was just perfect! The rooms are great with the suite. If I could make a recommendation it would be to put something in the bathroom to put our stuff on as the counter was so small. Also I think hotels should offer more suitcase holders as most of us travel with more than one suitcase and I don't like to put mine on the floor if I can help it so there are no other options but to put it on a table which I don't really like to do. If I am only staying a day or two I don't generally unpack. Also this hotel is located in a great location if you are travelling all over the city and parking is free!
Had a bit of a disappointing snack and drink in the lounge the second night but I am hoping that was a one time experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad to hear that our staff were able to make your stay with us memorable.We truly appreciate you choosing Sandman Hotels for your accommodation needs.

Caitlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

For 6 weeks during a corporate relocation from the United States to Canada, we stayed at this property. The rooms were ideal, essentially a one bedroom apartment with laundry in the suite, which more than met our needs compared to any other hotel options we might have had. With the Moxies Restaurant attached to the lobby, it provided the freedoms of having a beverage or full meal if we wanted out of the suite for a change. The staff at the Moxies was quick, efficient and friendly.

This review is being written mostly because of the EXEMPLARY service we received from the staff at this property. Raunak Chopra and the rest of the team there were absolutely fantastic. Always sincerely pleasant, extremely helpful in all our needs, and even neighborly in our dealings for such a time. I've had many travels and hotel experiences in my career, but this one was the first I felt compelled to write about. If considering this hotel for a stay, and still unsure, I'd suggest you call them to experience first hand how great this team of people is.

• Stayed July 2013
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff took care of you. The suites are often very handy for guests travelling on business. Having the kitchen to cook your own food and the washer and dryer to wash your own clothes is a real plus and a great way to save money. If we can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Sandman Hotels have over 46 properties throughout BC and Canada with many different room types.
We truly appreciate your business and feedback.

Caitlin
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Loved this Hotel. The Front Desk Staff were very nice. Even with the room facing 2 main streets it was very quit. Missed out on the free coffee and muffins in the am, it was our fault for not comming down soon enough. Parking was free that is a nice perk to have, they have staff that patrol the lot to make sure your car is safe. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Raceland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. The rooms are quite spacious. The location is a little far from vancouver plus you will pay $6 toll per day as you would be crossing the mann bridge to get into Vancouver. My biggest gripe with the hotel was their lack of responsiveness. One of the biggest reasons of staying at this hotel was free Wifi. I never got free wifi. I never got any wifi. To work at night, I had to stay in the hallway so that I can get even a faint signal. I talked to four different people in 7 different phone calls however, despite assurances, it was never fixed. Utterly disappointing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

simply a replacement of your home in vancouver with easy access to mall,highway and gym.
although one employee in the reception was not friendly and non co operating over the issue to give a gym pass but rest was excellent .

Room Tip: suites are the best and easily 4 can stay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were expecting a 'run of the mill' room, but to our surprise, the room more closely resembled a one bedroom condo, than a hotel room. It had absolutely everything from a coffee machine to an in-suite full sized dishwasher (If memory serves, I think it had a washer and dryer too...). I'd definitely recommend it to a friend :)

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford? Share your experiences!