“Not as advertised” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford

Save Saved
You added Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford to your Saves list
Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 A St 10608, Surrey, British Columbia V3R1J8, Canada (Guildford)   |
Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Surrey
Raceland
“Not as advertised”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. The rooms are quite spacious. The location is a little far from vancouver plus you will pay $6 toll per day as you would be crossing the mann bridge to get into Vancouver. My biggest gripe with the hotel was their lack of responsiveness. One of the biggest reasons of staying at this hotel was free Wifi. I never got free wifi. I never got any wifi. To work at night, I had to stay in the hallway so that I can get even a faint signal. I talked to four different people in 7 different phone calls however, despite assurances, it was never fixed. Utterly disappointing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

simply a replacement of your home in vancouver with easy access to mall,highway and gym.
although one employee in the reception was not friendly and non co operating over the issue to give a gym pass but rest was excellent .

Room Tip: suites are the best and easily 4 can stay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were expecting a 'run of the mill' room, but to our surprise, the room more closely resembled a one bedroom condo, than a hotel room. It had absolutely everything from a coffee machine to an in-suite full sized dishwasher (If memory serves, I think it had a washer and dryer too...). I'd definitely recommend it to a friend :)

• Stayed June 2013
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Driving up to this Hotel we thought to ourselves "Oh oh. What did we get ourselves into?" The outside of the Hotel looked rundown and was very old. But, we were here for 4 days/nights so we had no other options. Check-in was a breeze, the young clerk was awesome. Lobby was very nicely re-done and had a Moxie's Restaurant off of it. Great!. Up to the room we found the elevators newer and fast, the hallways also renovated. The room, well what a room! Nice and clean, somewhat updated and large. We had a King bed in a separate bedroom, a "full" kitchen with utensils, dishes, etc. The living room was large with a good TV and a fireplace. The balcony was great BUT could have used some outside furniture. And to top it all off, there was even an washer & dryer in a separate closet. Lots of storage/closet space. All the amenities for less than $100 a night (average w/o taxes). Parking was underground and secure. Really, you couldn't ask for much more.

Our daughter & granddaughter stayed at the Sheraton which was about 2 blocks away and was there for the same amount of time as us. Her room was okay but did not have the fridge and microwave as advertised. Which is really necessary on a 4 night stay. Other members of the group (YBC Bowlers) also had the same problem...no fridges & microwaves as advertised! And they paid much more than we did for their rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nelson, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our car broke down just up the street. The hotel was not only very convenient to get to off the highway, but the staff were patient and helpful. The rooms were clean and open, and given we were stuck in town for a couple days, the suite rooms were a wonderful surprise, and for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff took care of you. The suites are often a pleasant surprise to many of our leisure guests. Having the kitchen to cook your own food and the washer and dryer to wash your own clothes is a real plus and a great way to save money. If we can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Sandman Hotels have over 46 properties throughout BC and Canada with many different room types.
We truly appreciate your business and feedback.

Prince George
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed there 5 nights in January and I must say it was "mighty fine." The building is very solid and very well maintained. In the morning coffee and snacks are served just off the lobby. Lots of under ground parking (non over height). Moxis is attached to the hotel. The staff here are pleasant and always courteous. Good job Sandman Guildford.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We truly appreciate you choosing Sandman Hotels for your accommodation needs.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Was in town over the Christmas/New Year's holiday and needed a place close enough to visit family without imposing and giving myself my own freedom. I seriously thought the pictures online were of a "model" suite. When I arrived, my suite looked exactly like the pics. For much less than the small room at the hotel up the street, I got a one-bedroom suite with full kitchen, furnished living/dining room, great comfy bed and free parking. I was even floored when I opened one of the large closet doors near the front door and found a washer/dryer in the suite! I really felt like this was my home away from home. It was a little noisy on two occasions with a younger crowd partying just before New Year's but that didn't phase me too much. Only real downfall was the Internet which was super slow at times. It is free but I would have paid for broadband if I had had the option. I talked to the front desk clerk before checking out and he apologized and said there had been a conference over the holidays and everyone was on their laptops. Anyways, I will definitely stay here again when in town. (

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate you choosing Sandman Suites Surrey -Guildford-
We now have over 46 hotels throughout Canada and can offer a similar product in many major cities.

Michael

Been to Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford? Share your experiences!