“Two thumbs up” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford

You added Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford to your Saves list
Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 a Street 10608, Surrey, British Columbia V3R 1J8, Canada (Guildford)   |
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Surrey
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Albert, Canada
“Two thumbs up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We had a junior suite. Balcony with mountain views on the 6th floor. In suite laundry. Full Kitchen. King bed(why we got it). Room Service. Gated underground parking. Very clean and comfortable. Located close to the highway but not close enough to hear it. Little tricky to get back on to the highway, but not impossible. Close to the Skytrain. Would stay again if going to Vancouver.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
GMSandmanSurrey, Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. It is encouraging to our staff and management team to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to provide you with the best experience possible and we are glad to have suceeded.
We look forward to having you as our guest in the future should you visit our region again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saskatoon, SK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I stayed here for a week in January and I had my regular expectations of what a hotel should provide me, but this place exceeded my expectations. Its an all suite hotel with seperate bedroom from living rom/kitchen. It really feels like a nice one bedroom condo more then a hotel and the front desk feels like your personal assistant. The rooms are large, clean and have a pleasent view. There are large windows that open up and let a lot of light in. There is also a good sized balcony. We stayed here for a week and spent a lot of time in the room. Usually a hotel room feels like a dark crammed place that you cant wait to get out of. This place really felt like home, you could do your own cooking, there was a nice electric fireplace, THERE WAS LAUNDRY IN THE SUITE which really suprised me, and a secure gated underground parkade. The area is alright, everything you need is there including every imaginable fast food chain (I gained 10 lbs because of this), the 2nd biggest mall in BC is only a block away. and its on a main street close to the freeway for ease of access to whereever you want to go. The hotel has a moxies for eating at and a roof top patio that i would imagine to be nice in the summer.

A few things worth noting that impressed me:

-Free wireless is standard, but the business center let me use the internet and print a bunch of stuff off for free, i printed about 20 pages for free, not that im oevrly impresssed with saving $5 but its those little things that add up and make me feel relaxed, and not like someones got their hand in my front pocket grabbing for cash, alltho the staff here are very easy on the eyes so maybe i wouldnt have mind that lolz.
-Free newspapers of all kinds every day.
-Very kind staff, everyone working here was in a great mood and very friendly and helpfull.
-The severce at moxies was beyond what i woudl expect, we had a special request and th echef came out personally to ensure he got the orders right. The waiting staff were extra friendly and everyone at the entire place seemed very social.
-contential breakfast was more like coffee and muffins but the coffee was fresh and the atmosphere was very nice.
-landscaping of the property was beautiful, the plants, shrubs and bushes has added a beautiful scent to the fresh BC air.

Negatives: North Surrey has some rift raft, alltho no riftraft came near the hotel, and they had a very secure building (i never worried about my vehicle), Surrey IS Surrey and you didnt have to drive more then about 2 minutes to find drugged out wacko types doing odd things.
-Also further down the street at some of the Tim Hortons and Pizza places theres groups of immigrants that were looking and acting like tuff guys, I found that intimidating even tho they didnt say or do anything to me, I really didnt like having to be around that, which wasnt a big deal because after I got my coffee I just drank it in my vehicle anyways.

All in all I would stay here again in a heartbeat (If I had a worthy reason to be in Surrey again lolz) This hotel isnt the Vienetian Las Vegas by any means, I dont think it even has a pool, but if you want to rent a suite in Surrey for a very reasonable rate, then look no further my friend!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences with us. We were certainly glad to have you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

okay, where to begin... myself and 8 co workers stayed here for between 8 months and a year.. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms spacious, and I loved having my own kitchen and laundry. However, the staff was not always very welcoming to a group that spent well over $100,000.00 there and had the rooms full every single night. The lower floors are in desperate need of new carpet and furniture, but the upper floors are still quite decent. Having Moxie's downstairs is a bonus, despite their high prices. The staff, the food, and the drink there were all above standard. Parking is a pain and you have to get there early to get a decent spot, but thankfully the guest portion of the parkade is secured behind a gate that only opens with a key card. Location wise, well, that depends. You are close to shopping and transit, and only two blocks to the freeway, however, in rush hour, the two blocks to the freeway takes 45 minutes, and the neighbourhood at night is a great place to get shot or robbed by some crack head. You are not near the skytrain so getting into Vancouver means either drive or shell out big bucks for a taxi. All of the conveniences are near by as far as shopping goes, but you want to get there before dark, or have your own car, which will probably get broken into while you shop. That is to be expected in a metropolitan area, but my biggest beef was with the front desk staff, the managers in particular. They seemed unmoved by the fact that we were very regular, very high paying customers... not that that entitles us to anything, but you would think they would at least seem thankful for the business. Instead they act as if they were doing us a favour letting us stay there. After several months and thousands of dollars spent, they still refused to move me to a higher floor. I had to sneak up a level at a time by sweet talking the night staff... I would stay here again but only because of the corporate discount I receive and only if I was to be there long enough to make use of the kitchen and laundry. If here for a short stay, try the Sheraton or the Ramada... The Sheraton is nicer, the Ramada cheaper, and with much nicer beds.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and management, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns. The biggest factor of improving is when we hear from our hotel guests.

In terms of our hotel location, yes, there are many advantages and certain disadvantages as well. Traffic is certainly a challenge especially during the “rush hour” periods as the highway is a main route for many locals from downtown Vancouver to the suburbs. The additional service of the Skytrain, which is easily reached by several direct bus routes, has made it very convenient and affordable for any guests and local residents to travel to and from downtown Vancouver, in time, it is anticipated more locals will likely to take this service instead of driving, which will also alleviate the gridlock traffic experience, sometimes “change of transportation routines” does take time.

In terms of certain “undesired activities” within the area, the City of Surrey has implemented certain security programs to alleviate this concern, being the biggest or most populated municipality in the province, this on-going challenge has been met with a high degree of success as some of the “undesired activities” have moved away from this area altogether.

I will certainly bring the issue of the level of service you experienced to the staff, please be assured, all guests are important to us and we are privileged to have guests staying in our hotel. It is sometimes difficult as all it takes only one employee to project this picture compared to the many others who maintain the attitude of our guest being vitally important. Please accept my apology for this experience, please be assured, the front desk agents will be informed and re-trained if necessary.

Our hotel is an All-Suite property with many amenities similar to a condo type of accommodations. There really is no difference whether you have a short stay or long term stay, the main fact remains is the advantages offered for a condo style experience compared to a regular hotel room offered within the area. We have no standards in terms of allocating short term stays compared to long term stays, the higher floors are based on availability offered to the guests when they check in for either a short or long term.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns. Please do accept my apology for the experience at the front desk as be assured we are not doing you a favor for staying with us but really…the opposite, as you are doing us a favor by choosing to stay at the Sandman Surrey Guildford suites hotel.

On behalf of the staff and management, we sincerely hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Sandman Suites hotel.
Dallas, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

I stayed here on business for 12 days and was a bit disappointed by the looks of my room. Compared to the internet pictures of the rooms, these must have been taken many, many, years ago. The decor is 70's and the carpets are all stained. The hotel needs a make-over badly. I stayed on the 4th floor so the noise from 152 St was very loud at night and the only view I had was of some apartments next door. Yes, the rooms do have all the ameneties of home, full kitchen, washer and dryer, & dishwasher but the money I saved by being able to eat in did no good as the price to stay there is way over priced. I have paid less for a four star hotel in downtown Boston!
I do want to mention that the hotel staff is very helpful and friendly and my room was kept clean, so I have no complaints there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
GMSandmanSurrey, Director of Operations at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this review, April 28, 2010
Our hotel was built in 2003. It is an all suites property conveniently located close to several major thoroughfares including the Trans-Canada Hwy and 152 St. which provides easy access to the Peace Arch Border Crossing. Because of our proximity to these roads, all our windows are double pained to resist any noise that may be heard inside. Also, scheduled maintenance is done regularly on our rooms and this does include carpet cleaning. I have investigated the room in question and no stains were found at this time.
Pricewise, our rates are very competitive with the area. As will all hotels, our best available rate does vary depending on demand as with the Olympic period last February.
sechelt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so that we could have all our family with us at Christmas, as we live out of town. We had two suites and we ordered our Christmas Dinner for 16 people from the Sheraton (who had a complete Christmas Dinner take out service) around the corner. When we arrived, the hotel had one of the suites set up for the dinner with a long table for 16. The hotel could not do enough for us and they made our Christmas very joyfull. The suites are well equipped with a fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher and large bedroom. We used the other suite for our pre dinner and present opening. This is an excellent family hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

This place is really great. It has everything that a traveller would need. Wired internet (much better than wireless, but still not as fast as it could be), in room laundry and complimentary paper every morning. The rooms were spacious and had quite nice views. The maid even does your dishes! Service was good and the Moxies in house was nice, even though they don't serve breakfast (a major pain). The location is close to the bus and the Guildford Town Centre Mall. If I am ever in Surrey again I will definitely patronize this property.

• Liked — The great rooms
  • Disliked — The restaurant doesn't serve breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Meadow Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

We just recently took a 2 week trip from Saskatchewan to British Columbia. We stayed at numerous hotels along our journey. This hotel stands out among all of them. The price was amazing! The location was great. The fact that this property was like staying in a one room apartment made travelling so nice for a family. I was able to run to Superstore 10 minutes away and cook for our family which saved us money on our meals. The washer and dryer was a godsend! We really loved this property and will stay at it whenever we are in the Vancouver area. We already recommend it to EVERYONE who is planning a trip to the Western Coast!

• Liked — The home like atmosphere
  • Disliked — no pool!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford? Share your experiences!