“Bad experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS King George Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS King George Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS King George Inn & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8033 King George Boulevard, Surrey, British Columbia V3W 5B4, Canada (Newton)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Surrey
Vienna
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2006

My sister and I just came back from Canada. I don't hesitate to write the terrible experience that we had experienced in this hotel. The hotel itself is clean, neat and comfortable, however, some hotel personnels are aloof and incompetent. We stayed at this hotel for 12 days, we could have gone to a better hotel but this hotel is near the house of our sister (who lives nearby). We were quite happy that this hotel has an indoor swimmingpool, a small fitness room and a hot tub. On the first day of our stay, we went swimming early in the morning at 6:30, 15 minutes after we entered the pool, a bald headed young man came in and asked when we are getting out of the pool. At first I thought he was a pool cleaner, I told him politely that we would be out of the pool at 7:30, he told me that he needed the pool for himself, I told him firmly that we will be out of the pool at 7:30, he left quite upset. At 7am, another skin head young man came in carrying a "boom box", few minutes after the first young man came too, they turned the radio full blast and started throwing chairs around, making loud noises. I came to realize that these 2 skin heads were trying to intimidate us by loud music and noises. At 7:30, we got out of the pool, I called the reception (there is a phone at the pool area) to report the action, a young lady came to checked but apparently go intimidated too but didn't take any action, few minutes later another employee came in and we told him that these two men were bullying us, again no action was taken. We reported this matter to the hotel manager Andrew and told him that he should do something to protect his clients. We also made it clear to him that if this matter happens again, we will be out of the hotel in no time and will report this incident to the CEO of Best Western Hotel because my brother in law is a high raking official in the US Army. Well, to make story short. I just want to share this bad experience with the readers. I am a avid traveller and have stayed in many hotels, but never had such terrible experience before.
The room (third floor) we stayed is facing two busy streets and 2 restaurants frequented by truck drivers and they are opened till early in the morning, so there are lots of noises around, fortunately the windows are double glazed, but if you need fresh air, I'm afraid that all you'll get are polluted air and noises, as much as possilbe, avoid rooms with odd numbers, the rooms with even number are facing some residential areas which I guess is a lot more quite than the other side, the rooms are functional and clean. I've noticed that even all the rooms on the third floor are non-smoking as mentioned by another reviewer, we can smell heavy cigarette smoke in the corridor. The cleaning staff don't greet their guests not unless you great them first. There is just one elevator in this hotel.
Continental breakfast is not so bad, it's the same everyday. This hotel is very far from downtown Vancouver, there are nothing interesting around the area. If you are a tourist who wants to see more, choose a hotel in downtown Vancouver. Our stay in Vancouver is not a pleasure trip. we were there to visit our sister who was operated. We have been in this beautiful city many times. We have stayed at Hyatt Hotel and Marriott Pinnacle, they are the hotels that meet your every expectation, and above all, your safety.

• Tips/Secrets — Avoid odd number rooms
  • Stayed October 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

I stayed for a couple of days so i could go to the hospital near by. This was by far the best hotel I have been at in a long time. The staff is so friendly and helpful in every department from management to housekeeping. Everywhere I turned I was greated with a smile. I felt very comfortable in the "big city" because of the help and advice of it's staff. i will definately be back.

• Stayed February 2006
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

We spent 7 nights in the BW King George. We had a queen suite which we thought would give less hallway noise and it did.

We were on the third floor in a so called no-smoking room, but for 5 of the 7 nights were plagued by cigarette smoke from the person directly below. The smoke wafted up through the floors in both the main and bed rooms, especially the bedroom, which made sleeping and breathing easily nigh to impossible. The cigarette smoke also entered our suite via TV cable tubes or pipes located in the linen closet/ironing board cupboard. It was truly disgusting!

The front desk staff was polite and adequate and the housekeeping staff was friendly but left pieces of popcorn on the bedroom carpet for our entire stay. They had a vacuum cleaner, but obviously didn't know how to use it.

Great location for easy access to White Rock and the Skytrain.

Not worth 111 dollars a night!!

• Stayed September 2005

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS King George Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!