“Needs some major renovations....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre

You added Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 King George Highway, Surrey, British Columbia V4A 4Z2, Canada   |
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Surrey
Calgary, Alberta
“Needs some major renovations....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

The hotel itself from the outside looks beautiful. Inside definitely needs some updating. Aside from the shops/restaurants that are available, they only have 1/2 of them or so actually operating (although the signs are still up for all of them) and they operate each on their own hours (which the hotel doesn't seem to know). The restaurant/lounge needs to actually hire some staff to work there - we waited at least 15 minutes after our drink orders (and there were 3 tables in the place!) The food was pretty good though. The rooms I guess are ok - major painting and updating all the fabrics, carpet etc - especially to pay $120/night. The pool is neat, it is located in the centre of the hotel which some of the rooms balconies overlook (someone's always watching!) Our room was situated above one of their conference/reception rooms which was not brought to our attention - until on the Saturday night we came back to the hotel and our room was vibrating!! We called the front desk and they said that we had to speak to the manager (who, we were told, wasn't in until the next day). So, on Sunday, we went to pay our bill and talk to the manager - well, he doesn't work on Sundays! So, we had to pay the bill in full and were promised that the manager (Eric) would contact us... 3 days after we got back home, we called him. Seems there was nothing he could do - no discount, etc - was a little snotty about it (not caring that we hardly slept that night because of all the pounding) - and finally offered us a discount if we came and stayed there again - WELL, we live in Calgary and that was the first time we had been out to White Rock - with no real plans to return (we were out there for a wedding!) So, we said thanks but no thanks - and that we would probably post a bit of a negative review - he said that's fine and hung up. So, here I am!

• Liked — The views are spectacular
  • Disliked — The unknowledgable staff, restaurant staff, uncompromisable manager
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
chesterfield derbyshire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

stayed here with my wife and 12 yearold son.great room with 2 big double beds (ask for a room on the 2 floor that looks towards Mt. Baker.
Great pool, spa bath and gym and the "Panty" serves excellent food.coming from the U>K we found it to be excekllent value and the staff friendly and efficient.
cannot wait to go back(Wehave family nearby)

• Liked — large room--view of Mt.Baker
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2007

Can't believe the negative reviews I read before staying here. But since it was just over the border and an easy half hour drive the next morning to BC Ferry, I decided to chance it. What a pleasure. Ate in The Pantry which was excellent with a widely varied menu. The atrium lobby with pool, sauna and whirlpool was beautiful and relaxing. The room was quite oversized and probably one of the quietest rooms I have ever stayed in. Staff was friendly. Location was perfect and just minutes from the shops at White Rock on Marine Drive. I certainly plan to break up my drive by staying here every time I drive from Portland to Victoria. I think some people just like to ride bad reviews...for me, this place is tops. You won't be sorry.

• Liked — Great atrium lobby and pool area
  • Disliked — No negatives at all
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2006

We chose this place because of it's proximity to relatives we were visiting and, regardless of previous reviews we booked anyway. All the problems others have written are still there and there are even more. We stayed here for 5 nights and yes, we could have changed to a different place but it would have been further away.
Upon check in I noticed that the staff behind the counter were wearing coats and scarves and it should have been a big warning sign. What a mistake. I had asked for a room with a jacuzzi and a mini fridge in my booking request only to find out that jacuzzies were only in the suites, contrary to the website and, the fridge was going to cost an additional $10 per night. Arguing with the Manager got us a shrug of the shoulders and take it or leave it attitude. The fridge cost $5 a night. I explained that when I called and talked to someone, they never mentioned the jacuzzi or fridge thing, he said sorry, they should have. What hotel charges for mini bars these days?
As for the coats the staff was wearing...we learned why, it was cold in the entire hotel, the lobby, the restaurant, the hallways and the rooms too. The rooms seem to lose heat in the night sometime. The rooms were at best, average. Oh, and there was a gap between the door bottom and the floor of about 3/4 inch, on both the doors to the hallway and the balcony. You could see light and hear all the sounds from outside.
At breakfast on a Sunday morning we ordered our meal at 10 to 9. While waiting, we saw some activity in the back of the place. When our breakfast came we asked what was going on, we were then informed that it was the breakfast buffet being set up for 9AM. I wanted to know why she did not mention that and she said she forgot, sorry.
The cleaning staff came at irregular times. One day we returned to our room at 3 PM and it was still unmade.
Yes, I did make my feelings known to the staff and they seemed indifferent and uncaring, stating that many folks have complained and if I wish I could fill a form out and said, as expected, sorry.
I do not write this review lightly but do not recommend this place.

Stayed November 2006
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

Curtious staff, clean accommodatios and beautiful atmosphere!

• Liked — Lovely
  • Disliked — N\A
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

In July of 2006 I rented at room at the Aston Pacific Inn, and I was greatly disappointed because the room had a distinct musty smell and was too hot.

What I did in an attempt to resolve this problem was to turn on the air conditioner and go out for a drink at the hotel bar. Then after dinner I return to the room (after about 3 hours) and it still had an odor and the room was still too hot.

I could not leave the window (that was what the front desk suggested) because the was no screen on the window (which opened directly the front driveway). . Someone was sent to the room however the air conditioner did not work to my satisfaction. I was offered another room, however, this room had the same problem as the first. I wanted to speak to a manager but was told none were available on the weekend. So I checked out.

I was charge ($93.85) cancellation fee.

I would never stay at this hotel.

• Disliked — Bad service, bad room, over priced
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eckville, Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

While from the outside it didn't look bad at all, as it is relatively easy to find, upon walking up to the hotel the fountain was leaking water everywhere. That should have been our 1st clue. While on the surface it isn't horrible, there were some areas that need some very very serious updating (the pansy carpet is horrible). We had a broken ac unit, no screen on the window (which opened directly onto a patio of some sort and directly onto the main hi-way) so we were not able to open the window at all. It was very disappointing for the large price (highest we paid on our whole trip, including the ocean side hotels). We would never stay again. Only bright spot was the restaurant. The food was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!