At the end of a fantastic wedding day at a venue down the road from the Pacific Inn, we arrived in our Limo to spend the night in the Presidential suite(king size bed, couch, jacuzzi tub, 2 person shower. At the front desk, the attendant informed us that our room had a leak in it, right above the bed. He then informed us that they had put us in another room("the next best room!"). Being slightly dismayed at this point, we proceeded up to the room, only to find a regular room(not a suite) and double beds, and a regular tub(with built in shower). I went back down to the frnt desk, asking if there was anything else, he informed me that the hotel was fully booked. Now, it had been raining pretty much continuously that entire day... could they not have switched up to another suite and bumped someone else to a regular room before check in??? it was our wedding night, after all!! Anyhow since we had no other choice at that time of night(all it would have taken is a phone call, and we would have made alternate arrangements during the day). Trying to make the best off things... all we could do was soak our feet in the tub together, try to get comfortable in a boiling hot room(AC did not work at all). A bottle of Champagne would have been nice... especially since they bumped us rooms.... but nothing!!! They offered us a voucher for a free night in the presidential suite... but we couldn't fathom staying there again! WE booked this room for our wedding night... OUR WEDDING NIGHT!!!! Anyhow... we went downstairs in the morning... got up 8am... didn't want to stay anymore than we had to... talked the the manager at the front desk... who gave us a different story.... said 'another suite' was leaking so they had to bump somebody into our room.... excuse me!?! we booked this room 6 months ago, clearly stating it was our wedding night! why would they give our suite to someone else???
oh, one side note... some relatives of ours came in for our wedding and were staying at the Inn... they arrived at 3pm... were informed that their room had been cancelled... which was impossible... they were en route at the time...
Anyways, having read another review for this Hotel from May 1st (which mentioned that there were 2 weddings going on that weekend in the hotel), I came to a possible conclusion... they had severely overbooked... and were sticking people wherever they could put them... as they came in... giving out bogus explanations as to the availability of the rooms they had booked. Just a theory but it fits... the leaky ceiling also fits with some reviews written here as well... which is a very major maintenance issue.
Anyhow we got our money back for the room... which was the "least" they could do... we politely stated that we wouldn't be coming back.
I would recommend to avoid the Pacific Inn... at all costs!! Poorly Run establishment.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Inn Resort And Conference Centre Hotel Surrey
- Pacific Inn Resort And Conference Centre Hotel
- Aston Pacific Hotel
- Aston White Rock
- White Rock Aston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Tropics at the Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Center in White Rock, British Columbia. A tropical world awaits you within our glassed roofed atrium. A tour of the courtyard reveals a Central American theme accented with folk art from Mexico. Amidst the tropical setting, guests may enjoy a free form swimming pool fed by gentle waterfalls, a hot tub, sauna and fitness center health club. This self-contained oasis features full dining and leisure facilities. Enjoy the lively atmosphere of The Pantry, relax with a gentle surrounding of Rockwell's Lounge and for an unforgettable evening of fine dining, join us in Rockwell's Restaurant. Within close proximity to the Pacific Inn, our guests can enjoy the beautiful beaches of White Rock, stroll the pier and take in a round of golf. Whether you are on business or pleasure, the Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Center offers a warm friendly haven. See you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.