“It was what it was!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Surrey

You added Econo Lodge Surrey to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Surrey
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6542 King George Boulevard, Surrey, British Columbia V3W 4Z4, Canada (Newton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Twice = Gift Card
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Surrey
Penticton, Canada
“It was what it was!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here to sleep as we were coming into Vancouver from out of town for a flight the next day. Picked because of its location (easy to get to off the highway and on the edge of Vancouver), it was perfect for what we wanted. I can't comment about the neighbourhood other than to say it is right on a main route, easy to find...the room was clean, comfortable and check-in/out was simple. Exactly what was expected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The only reason I am giving this hotel 2 stars is because the woman who checked me in was courteous, professional, competent, accommodating and just wonderful. The elderly gentleman who checked me out was also very kind and made sure to give me mapquest directions. The front desk staff was wonderful!

The entire hotel needs to be deep cleaned. The carpet of the entire hotel is disgusting, stained, worn, and so smelly.

My hotel room was also in desperate need of a deep cleaning. The chair and ottoman had several palm sized stains and also semen stains.

The walls had stained, the tub and shower were not clean, more semen stains on the bed cover.

The bed sheets were clean!!!! I arrived very late and just wanted to nap before my trip in the morning so I did not complain to anyone. I don't really know what they could have done really because my room smelled like rotting meat. But so did the hallway and I had no confidence that another room would have been any cleaner.

I would never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kelowna B.c
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

we stayed first week of oct, check in went well.quick and friendly. upon entering hall way noticed strong odor of cigarette smoke,aswell as our non smoking room. room was clean,but musty smoke smell. the price of this place reflects the overall feel of this hotel. so if your not overly picky. its cheap.and good enough.

• Stayed October 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

When I read the reviews that have been written about this particular motel, I can't help but wonder if we simply showed up on a good day or if there was some Twilight Zone/alternate universe type stuff happening when we arrived ;)

My bf and I stayed in this motel overnight at the end of July 2012 before heading to WA. My bf also stayed there a second night on business in August 2012.

We found it via Hotwire and booked it as an anonymous motel as it was a good price.

Our initial visit was lovely. The family running the counter were courteous and friendly. Check-in was smooth with no problems. The next morning, my bf realized he had to print some important paperwork he had to print and the gentleman at the front let him use their computer and printer, even leaving my bf alone behind the desk for a moment.

The rooms was...well, a motel room. We didn't find it dirty or unkempt. No strange smells to speak of. I mean, it wasn't luxurious or anything, but it was comfortable and we were satisfied.

We left there and headed to Oregon. Upon arrival, hours later, my bf realized he had left the power adapter for his Apple laptop in the motel room. I called and they said they would look for it, asking me to call back in 20 minutes. I did, it was found and they said they would hold it for us as my bf knew he would be back in that area a few weeks later.

In mid-August, three weeks later, my bf returned and stayed for a couple of nights. His power adapter was returned to him as promised and he has since told me that his two additional nights there were the same as our first experience...clean and comfortable with courteous and friendly staff.

We would go back next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: In case alternate universes had some type of role to play in our visit, ask for Room 102....We liked...
revelstoke
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We spent two nights here on a recent stay in Surrey. We repeatedly tried to change rooms due to doors slamming all night as well as a loud screaming match going on on our floor. We called the front desk and asked them to address the problems, or move our room, to no avail. Finally after demanding to have our money refunded so we could find another hotel at a late hour they moved us upstairs to a "better" room. There was no plug for the bathtub, there were dead insects lining the windows, there were chips in the lino and paint, the fan was ridiculously noisy and the fridge and stove did not work. Yes the price was good, but it just wasn't worth the hassle.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We noticed a slight tobacco smell in the lobby so we asked for a non-smoking room. The tobacco smell was 3x worse in the non-smoking rooms. It was just our room. The whole hotel reeks of tobacco smoke. The bed sheets had some dirty spots on them and the bathroom facilities were run down and worked very poorly.

• Stayed July 2012
Coquitlam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I held a meeting at the Econo Lodge in Surrey last week. Expedia booked the room on my behalf. Somehow, confusion arose between Expedia and the hotel's front desk. This opened up a veritable can of worms. I could not understand what the incompetent front clerk was saying, his mannerisms were rude and downright condescending. After about twenty minutes of arguments with Expedia, matters were sorted out. But that was just the beginning... The room that awaited me smelled foul, was unclean, and the towels and sheets were obviously unchanged. Do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!