“Not your typical Days Inn- much much better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Surrey

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Surrey to your Saves list
Days Inn Surrey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13373 King George Hwy, Surrey, British Columbia V3T 2T5, Canada (Whalley)   |
Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Surrey
Pensacola
“Not your typical Days Inn- much much better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for about a week, right after they converted to a Days Inn. It was a very pleasant, comfortable stay. if you see this hotel, all the wood and all...it does not look like your regular Days Inn and trust me, I stay at plenty. This hotel is kept up very well, the landscaping is very beautiful as well and the service was great. Everybody here made me feel very welcome, every day. Yes, it is family owned and during that week i felt like family ;-) Whenever I`m back in the area, I make sure to stay at this one. Recommend to all travelers going to Surrey, BC. And just like some of the other reviews mention, it`s close to everything, especially the Skytrain.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Days Inn S, General Manager at Days Inn Surrey, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for your staying at our hotel. We put in alot of thought and consideration into developing and the finishing of the hotel. I am glad you enyoyed the hotel. The hotel is family owned and operated and we treat our employees and our guest the same as family. Having the skytrain is a big advantage for our guest and also being close to the new Surrey City Central. We appreciate your stay and looking forward to serving you again.

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My fiance and I had the opportunity to try the new Days Inn Surrey on the weekend.We stayed from Thurs to Tues . One night turned into 5 because of the hospitality shown by the staff. Visiting from Calgary _ Days Inn made our stay very enjoyable. We were really fortunate at the time to be turned away from another hotel because of vacancies, thus we ended up finding a diamond in the rough. Not to mention the best prices in surrey. the hotel was very clean , quiet , economical. thanks for the wonderful service. keep up the great work
all the best
Ashford & Kalpna
PS : they offered boiled eggs for breakfast ... yummy

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I chose this hotel because it was relatively inexpensive and easily accessible by transit. It is also within walking distance of several fast food restaurants and a couple of malls.

The service was very friendly and, the rooms were clean, and well maintained. It seems the hotel has had a recent makeover. The bed was comfortable. I had a room towards the back of the hotel that was pretty much silent. Breakfast was surprisingly good, especially since there were healthy options - I think this is the first time fruit was part of a Days Inn continental breakfast and there were no sugary pre-packaged danishes and doughnuts.

This hotel may not be a first choice for business travellers but it is clean, quiet and because of its proximity to the translink system, you can be in downtown Vancouver in a half hour.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at our hotel. In our breakfast menu we put out different items that will serve all our guest and we put alot of thought into it. The hotel was built for the business and family guest and providing all the amenities they need. By being so close to the skytrain and the new Surrey City Central the hotels location serves everybody needs. We appreciate your stay and looking forward to see you soon.

Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have stayed about 6 days at Days Inn. I just walked in the hotel without a reservation.
The staffs were very kind and found the best room for me. I loved the beautiful pine wood rooms and red marble floors and finest carpet in the interior. I had my room cleaned and organized perfectly everyday and recieved a morning call on time and I was very satisfied with other my persoanl requests that properly responded and served. I definately felt it like home and most importantly for their friendly, warm, and modest attitude for their quests. One of the most comfortable and high quality local hotel located the most convienent spot with a reasonable price and the great service. Highly recommended for a single, a couple, and a familly. Absolutely book again !

URYEL

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and staying with us. We put a great effort in training our staff for quick customer service with a smile. The hotel is located close to the skytrain and the new Surrey City Central which makes it easy for our guest to get to get around. Thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Hohenahr, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Just returned from a two night stay at the Days Inn. We came in from a night flight and were given our room without any hesitations at 07.00 a.m. Our room had an overall new appearance with fridge, micro and coffee maker. We felt comfortable right away. Skytrain is only a five minute walk away and takes you right into Vancouver in less than half an hour. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Would stay there again any time.
H. Luther, Germany

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and staying at our hotel. We try to provide all the amenities for our guest may need and always trying to think of more. Being close to the skytrain and the new Surrey City Central it makes it easier for our guest to enjoy their stay. It was a pleasure to serve you, H. Luther from Germany, and we hope to see you soon.

Palo Alto, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Before I booked this hotel I had trouble locating its review because it recently changed its name to Days Inn Surrey. We stayed here for two nights. There were very few guests during our stay so it was quieter. Make sure you ask for a room away from the main road as the sky train close to the hotel may be quite noisy. The hotel seemed to have been remodeled lately and appeared to be relatively new. The room is smaller but has a good design to utilize all the space. It is managed by a family and they take everything very personally. Upon check-in, I was greeted with a request for $300 pre-authorization on my credit card for possible damage to the property! The breakfast area is in a hide-out behind the check-in area and you need the manager to show you to get there. There were few slices of bread and two bagels left when I arrived at 9 AM. The manager did not bother to refill the food though the breakfast was supposed to last till 9:30 AM. When the manager saw that I had taken food up to my room for my children, he rushed to print and post notices (Do not take food to your room) in the breakfast area. Fearing my $300 deposit may be deducted, we all took our breakfast downstairs the next day. Make sure you check the towels before using them. Some smelled like they had been used for cleaning the toilet and then put back. Also, they never replenished our shampoo and soap supply on the second day. Overall, you will like it as a family owned hotel but there may be some surprises beyond what a Days Inn should be.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road to avoid sky train noise
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Days Inn S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Surrey, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for yor review and staying at our hotel. I am very sorry about the misunderstandings but we are new and going threw growing pains. Without your comments we would not know where to improve on. The authorization on the room is for every guest and in every hotel as well and it is for damage, smoking and stealing. We do not treat any guest different for we treat everybody the same. Our breakfast runs from 6:30am - 9:30am and that day we were near the end of breakfast time. Thank you for your stay and we are looking forward in serving you next time you come.

Kam Nijjar
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Days Inn Surrey? Share your experiences!