“Disgusting!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grouse Creek Motel

Grouse Creek Motel
You added Grouse Creek Motel to your Saves list
Grouse Creek Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9414 King George Hwy, Surrey, British Columbia V3V 5W3, Canada (Whalley)   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Surrey
Kelowna
“Disgusting!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for family - both rooms had disgustingly dirty, unchanged sheets - hairs, stains, yellow - dirty rugs. Missing bulb in one lamp and the other room bulb was burned out. Toiletries are old wrinkled shampoo packs from 70's stock and towels smelled simply run through rinse. I checked in at such a late hour, with 5 young children, that we took our lumps and a very slight discount - he thought generous. We've travelled extensively and this is the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in - STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sechelt, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Sorry we didn't check this motel out a little more closely... Our room was disgusting !! We were very tired when we checked in, otherwise, we would have left as soon as we saw where we were going to spend the night !! It was filthy, smelly, and would NOT recommend this to anyone. Most motels and hotels were fully booked, otherwise we would have stayed somewhere else. It gives me the creeps to even THINK about our horrible experience at Grouse Creek Motel !!! Stay away !!

Room Tip: Maybe some of the rooms have been redone, so if you DO stay here, ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Since the closure of the Compass Point Inn, this is now the closest accommodations to the King George Skytrain station. It's maybe an 8 minute walk along the well lit King George Blvd, so even at night it's no big deal.

The check-in process was quick, my reservation was accurate and the staff was friendly. They charge a $25 damage deposit to your card. When they refunded it the next day upon check-out, they hadn't actually even checked the room to see if there was any damage...not sure how that's supposed to work.

My room was clean, the air-conditioner worked fine (and it was a hot day), and the bed was very comfortable. It was nice have a sofa and fridge and the free wi-fi worked just fine. As always, I must complain about the flat screen TV since the aspect ratio is wrong and there is no way to adjust that.

If you are looking for fancy, certainly go somewhere else. Paying about half for a room here however, makes sense to me and I've already made another reservation for the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Honestly, I've read other people' comments when I was arrived in that room. I've checked all the room. Yes, I agreed with them. Everything is filthy (the bathroom, carpet, towels and etc.). Managers and staffs are unfriendly and they look evil. I had a pretty bad nightmare in that room. I was dreaming in the same room and trying to wake up so badly. I've seen two exactly same woman in my first and second dream. I thought I was already awake but I was stuck in my dream. The third one was someone's hand tried to pull my arm down from the bed. I was screaming at my partner to get me. He did! I woke up and told him about my dream. He believes me what I've said. I love him! He said the place ****ed up! That place is creepy and it feels like a hunted house. We will never go back there again! Period!

• Stayed June 2013
Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

First, I would like to say that the photo displayed here, does not match the motel at the address 9414 King George Highway, V3V 5W3 Surrey. I am talking about Grouse Creek Motel at the address I have mentioned.

I spent one night there in Summer 2012. I was unhappy with the following/ Air Conditioner needs repair. It should not definetelly be available to customers use, as it is. Faucet in the buthtub does not function correctly. Not good. Shower-head does not function correctly.. Not good. Stay at your own rik.

I WOULD COME AGAIN ONLY IF I HAVE TO

.. .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Campbellcroft, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night. We had reserved for 2, but were too disgusted to make it through the second night. We spent our second night up the road at the Compass Point Inn (which was a much, much better experience).
Our "non-smoking" room reeked of cigarette smoke, and there were cigarette burn marks in the bathroom. It felt like a hotel that caters to prostitutes.

If you are considering staying at a hotel in Surrey, do yourself a favour and check the reviews for the Compass Point Inn. Their rooms are well worth the extra $10-15/night.

Room Tip: Check out the Compass Point Inn instead.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago after booking through booking.com. The property was clean and at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I couldn't ask for much considering I paid $75.00. The rooms are basic, more importantly, neat and tidy. The location is probably the most ideal aspect - close to skytrain which was a major plus on my list. I would recommend this property and know that I will be returning.

I would also recommend upgrading to the suites. I saw the rooms as I passed by them and regretted not booking them to begin with. They seemed a lot bigger, had sitting areas, had bar fridges, microwaves and stoves.

Room Tip: Upgrade to suites
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grouse Creek Motel? Share your experiences!