“GREAT WEEKEND GETAWAY!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8255 166th Street, Surrey, British Columbia V4N 5R8, Canada (Formerly Super 8 Surrey) (Fleetwood)   |
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Surrey
vancouver, bc
“GREAT WEEKEND GETAWAY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My family had a great weekend getaway at Comfort Inn Suites at Fraser Hwy, Surrey, BC last month. My son celebrated his 28th birthday, after family and friends had dinner and drinks at the pub beside it, we stayed overnight. This inn has the most friendly staff. It took us no time to check in and out.

After dinner we went back to the room and had complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate as we brought our dessert in our room. It was quiet by midnight. Our junior suite accommodation was excellent for its value, 2 queen beds, separate room with 2 tvs, fridge, clean fresh scent, modern room, adding the complimentary breakfast (especially the hot waffles=)), access to the swimming pool, sauna, gym, arena and lots of parking space, I will definitely go back and recommend this hotel to family and friends. Thanks to all the staff on duty on September 1-2, 2012. All the best to Comfort Inn, Surrey, BC.

Eleanor and family

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Comfort Inn Surrey is next to my company's Surrey branch, and for the last 6 months I've typically stayed there a couple of days each week.

I've found the staff and management to be friendly and helpful, and in many cases have gone out of their way to accommodate me. The hotel is bright and clean, and relatively modern. I stay in one of their King Suite rooms, with a very comfortable King bed, two TVs, a microwave and a refrigerator.

During the week it is typically a quiet hotel, and I've rarely had issues with other guests making noise in the hall. I've never had a problem with the maid service.

The complimentary hot breakfast is typical, with a rotation of bacon, sausages, or sausage patties throughout the week, and a selection of hard boiled and scrambled eggs, waffels, toast, muffins and bagles, yogurt, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, fruit, and coffee or juices to choose from.

The 24 hour in-house gym is very limited and it has no pool, but you can get passes for the Surrey Sports and Leisure Center which is right next door.

I'n many ways I prefer it to the larger more expensive downtown hotels as they don't try and nickel and dime you on everything. The wireless Internet is free, as are local calls, newspapers and the breakfast.

For me, being located next to a Tim Hortons is an additional bonus...

I can stay at any hotel in Surrey, but I come back here each week.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've stayed now a few times and it has become my go to place stay when I'm in Surrey.Great staff always clean and tidy Hotel and rooms make sure you treat yourself to executive suites.The bed was very luxurious; high thread count demask bedding with extra pillows, a superbly comfortable mattress, and a large headboard. There is access to restaurants and lots of great golf courses in the area for all levels of play. Great VALUE as i said i will be staying there again in November

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I decided to take a little vacation to Canada so we booked this hotel. The rate was what we expected and the location was good since we were able to drive there in about 2 1/2 hrs. We arrived on 9-14-12 and were okay with the room it was cozy and clean, we went next door to the Baselines Pub and got a bite to eat. When we returned to our room we noticed that there appeared to be some kids in the room above us that were just running back and forth in the room, we thought no big deal, but after and hour and half of listening to them I decided to call the front desk and request to be moved to another room since I did not want to listen to them running back and forth for the rest of the night. I explained to the desk clerk the problem and asked if we could be moved, His first response was that he could call the room and ask them to settle down, but I had already had enough, so I just asked to be moved to the top floor so that there wouldn't be anyone above us. Turned out the only room on the top floor available had a jacuzzi in ti and we would have to pay extra to move, I was so tired and upset I told him I didn't care just move us. He surprised me by saying he would give us the room at the same rate as the room we originally booked. The breakfast in the morning was fair the first day but the quality went down each morning after. Of the three breakfast we did have the first had better fruit and pastries, of the others the eggs (you could tell they were powdered) and the so called sausages and over cooked bacon strips left a lot to be desired. All in all it was better than some other places we have stayed and we did leave happy

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the top floor if possible and facing the front of the building to avoid the direct...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

When I return to BC visit my son always like to stay in the surrey areas close by seeing my son, after the first time stay in this hotel with less then perfect experience about amonth ago, last week again I return to BC I decided to goive it a second try , the matter of facts it turns out worst then my 1st experience, while check in give me a wrong room type also the entire floor was so nosie with kids running around and banging the door, finally they switch me to the right room type on a different floor and I discovered the room was not really clean and short supply of rooms amennities but it was so late I did bother to complaint and went to bed,the next morning I need to meet with my son I took off early spend all day out visiting and later during the night when I return I found my room same conditions when I left this morning, no maid service and I have no towels ,shampoo, soap, coffee....etc bed was not made all lights was still on. I also notice the ice machine on the top floor was not working the 1st time I stay and this time still in the same conditions the elevator need some service and repair, on checking out I just could find any laugage cart. Well, needless to say I am not going back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: do not recommend
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Comfort Inn and Suites in Surrey is a bright, modern hotel. My wife and I, and 1 year old daughter stayed in an exceptionally clean 2 queen bed room. The bed was very luxurious; high thread count demask bedding with extra pillows, a superbly comfortable mattress, and a large headboard. The room itself was quite spacious, featuring a small desk, bar fridge, and bureau, and comforable recliner and footstool. The bathroom was immaculately clean with marble countertop and gleaming stainless fixtures. Everything was presented perfectly.
Our stay included a complimentary hot breakfast in the dining room across from the business center. As I am traveling with my family, I did not stop to inspect the business facilities, but they seemed more than adequate, with a couple modern desktop computers and a printer. The business area is glass-enclosed for soundproofing. The dining area was large and very clean. There was a wide-selection of food avaiable; self serve coffee and juices, scrambled eggs and breakfast sausages, waffle irons, a selection of cold cereal and milk, toast, bagels, muffins, and yogurt.
As I went down for breakfast, I was also served by a cheerful, friendly lady, Belinda and one of the managers on duty. I felt the service was exceptional. This hotel would suit family or business travel with ease.
I will be staying here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

as an aside from the hotel review....we mistakenly took this surrey hotel thinking we could save money while we visited vancouver...big mistake, took our little children with us and the drive to and fro (45 min) one way was torture every night of our 2 night stay...vancouver traffic is terrible to begin with, road constructions that made navigating more difficult with detours, and vancouver is one city without proper highways...needless to say...if you plan to visit vancouver...pay more and look for closer accomodations. on to the review...the hotel was decent, clean...used to be a super 8 judging from the scratched out super 8 on the parking lots...clean and breakfast was okay, nothing to write home about...staff were great, friendly...we had a view of the parking lot of a sports complex which you get two complimentary vouchers to go swim/skate at. if we visit 'surrey' we would stay there again. dont know about other suites but our door stuck so be sure to close them shut before you leave...lest you have unwanted guests entering your room...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey? Share your experiences!