“Amazing Pita, good food” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New York New York
301-6361 152 Street, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada (Newton)
604-572-4222
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 672 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Newton
Neighborhood: Newton
Sacramento, California
“Amazing Pita, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

New York, New York is deceptively hidden in a strip mall. It is not large, but we got there around 6pm on a Friday and did not have any trouble being seated. I won't vouch for later though.

The Greek salad was different for me because there was no lettuce, and when I remarked on this, the waitress knew I was American, as she explained, real Greek salad does not have lettuce. However, what blew me away was the pita bread. Absolutely nothing like what I had experienced before. It was not like Na'am at all. It was actually bread, and warm and WONDERFUL. I would go back to Surrey, BC just for the pita.

I highly recommend this place.

Visited July 2012

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“One of the best culinary experiences in Surrey BC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I have dined at this restaurant a number of times. Their Greek cuisine always exceeds our expectations. The meals are delicious and prices are reasonable. Staff is highly professional and friendly. Our last visit was for our wedding aniversary and they made us feel really special.
At this point it's one of my first choices in the Surrey area.
Try their ecmek desert - it's amazing!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Surrey, Canada
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Fine dining at very affordable prices is alive and well in Surrey, British Columbia. The name of the restaurant, New York New York is a little misleading because this is primarily a greek restaurant. This is a family run business with impeccable service & servers. How impeccable you might ask.............I have seen them wiping down the cover of the menus. Portions are extremely generous, their souvlaki and lamb roast are out of this world and their calamari is what they are known for. Tender, just spicy enough and the appetizer of calamari together with their delicious pita bread makes a meal. Treat yourself, you don't need to go to the City of Vancouver for awesome food and you don't need to bring along a Brinks truck to pay for the meal here.
Flo McCafferty, Surrey, B>C>

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Mediocre Greek food, somewhat disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I ordered takeout last night. Chicken souvlaki, so pretty standard fare. It was good, I found the chicken a touch dry and the potatoes were quite bland. The salad was excellent and all the ingredients were very fresh. Nothing terrible but nothing good. I probably would not return.
One bright spot would be the customer service was excellent

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BC
“The Best Greek restaurant in Surrey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This has to be the best Greek restaurant in Surrey & maybe even the Lower Mainland.
The only thing that is missing there is a nice rack of lamb,the lamb roast is too fatty & huge.Wonder if I should mention this to them?
All the portions are huge.I have never seen such a nice crispy,large spanakopita ever any where else..........it must be 10"-12" long & nice & full of spinach & all that goes into it.It is perfect for hungry vegetarians.
My girlfriends & I go there for lunch all the time,everyone loves it.

• Visited May 2012