“Horrible experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pine Cone Camping

Pine Cone Camping
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sussex
Pine Cone Camping
You added Pine Cone Camping to your Saves list
Exit 198 TCH (Route 1) | P.O. Box. 4852, Penobsquis, Sussex, New Brunswick E4E 5L9, Canada   |
Sackville
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

I visited my sister at Pinecone with my 11 year old daughter. We found the campground very noisy, crowded with small lots, narrow roads, too many vehicles trying to pass each other, too many kids on motorized scooters. It was an accident waiting to happen.
We also found security to be very rude. One in particular, the owner's son, was bullying the kids. He was screaming at them, using strong profanity, and had my daughter terrified. She returned to the trailer shaking and hysterical, and was scared he was going to hurt her. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. It took me over an hour to calm her down and it gave her nightmares for a couple of nights afterward.
We have camped for many years but this was the worst experience by far. This campground needs competent and considerate management. These owners have no business running a business.

• Liked — Being in the woods
  • Disliked — The horrible scene caused by security.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Moncton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

We have been camping at Pinecone for 10 years, and camped there as children ourselves. A beautiful campground but in need of updating. We have never had a problem until this summer with the arrival of the owner's son, to do security on his off days .He arrived with a negative attitude toward the children and treated them like criminals. He was bullying the kids to the point of harrassment, screaming, using verbal abuse and threats of physical violence. He was targetting our oldest son, but put our daughter and niece (11 yrs) into hysterics- they were terrified. It wasn't called for, the kids did nothing wrong...Our son (17 yrs) took them swimming and this security guard said our son had to be 18-legal adult to watch them...our son obeyed and told them to get out of the pool, but it didn't stop there...the man was ruthless and relentless. He was trying to kick our son out of the park and using his golf cart to block him and stop him from coming back to the trailer. When we arrived, he turned his rage on me, called me a liar, told me I was lucky he didn't do more ...quite a scene..right in front of the owners, but they sided with their son and asked us to leave. I am shocked at the treatment we got, and he is a 25yr RCMP officer, it was a major abuse of authority. Needless to say he shattered their sense of security and safety and ruined their summertime home that held so many good memories. We will never be back...beware for your kids.

Stayed July 2008
nimaMoncton, owner at Pine Cone Camping, responded to this review, October 6, 2008
Firstly, our clients/campers supported us when they heard about this particular incident,(not the first time) the only remarks were "What took you so long"
We operate 300 sites, In the past 8 years I've only had to ask 2 families to leave our campground, funny enough they were not one of them, during the altercation she was outrage and decided to leave on her own. I hope this doesn't look like I'm trying to make excuses for what occurred, you just simply have to know this family...it's unfortunate , there were no winner and everybody looses.
ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

This was the best campground ever. Very friendly staff and owners. Great activities for kids. Beautiful and clean. We had a great time and we enjoyed it thoroughly and we recommend it to everyone. You won't be disappointed.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Brunswick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

I must agree with the previous posts that the grounds and facilities are beautiful however the owners are very rude.
I have camped at Pinecone for 30 years...first as a youngster and in the past 10 years with my own children. My children love the playground, pools and paved grounds.... I must say that it is above average. However the new owners, who are french, bought the park a few years ago and seem to look down upon you if you are not french speaking....as well very much catering to those who are french speaking and to those who are seasonal. I have nothing against french speaking Canadians, my children are in Fr. Emersion, however their is a "clicky attitude" there.
They do not allow a clothesline to weekend guests to hang your towel but seasonals are allowed. We got a lot of grief over this. Security "forced" me to get back out of my car to remove it when on the way to the hospital as my son had split his hand open. As well on another w/e, my 65 year old mother drove into my campsite and had things to unpack...because it was a second car the security was ruthless in ensuring that her car be moved immediately. (yet seasonals have a least 2 cars on their lot) I could go on and on with stories heard from others, friends over the past 3-4 years. The security guard is constantly at the kids for every little thing. (And my kids are very well behaved) I don't normally complain about much but I found that lately my camping experience was not relaxing...I no longer go there.

Many seasonal campers have left and moved to a nearby campground where there is an obvious welcoming and friendly atmosphere. What a difference...It is like night and day!!

• Liked — grounds
  • Disliked — owners
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
nimaMoncton, Owner at Pine Cone Camping, responded to this review, July 15, 2008
In response to happycampernb (june8 2008 comments) First I agree that Pinecone Campground is an above average Campground. However I would disagree she likes french canadians, she obviously wrote this article misinformed. 95% of our Seasonals are English who are expected to follow same rules and regulayions. 100% of our staff are English including the security guard that caters to 5% of our other French Seasonals. Clothslines hung from tree to tree are not permitted because kids have ran into them(ambrella clothslines are permitted). 1 vehicles per sites is simply for safety. I am happy there are other English campground to accomodate happycampernb
Rothesay,N.B.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2007

Hi ,we stayed at Pine Cone in Aug,i had great service and rules are rules, if they break the t-shirt rule for one why not for all,so i feel the camp site is great,and if you dont like it ,its simple go elsewhere. But do not try and ruin it for the rest of us that loves it.

Stayed August 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

Pine Cone Camping is one of the best campgrounds I have ever been to in my life. My family and I are weekend seasonals here and love every weekend of it. Staff are very friendly, some of the rules are a little out of wack, so many activities to keep busy with, great washrooms, canteen, the pools are amazing (one big one that's pretty cold, great for those hot days, and a smaller one that's warmer for regular days), clean playground, paved roads that are great for biking and walking. My family have so many great memories here at Pine Cone, I would recommend this campground to anyone.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

Wow! I don't know where to start! Well, I have been camping at Pine Cone for nearly 4 years and it's my absolute FAVORITE camp ground!! I spend every weekend there with my mom dad and little sister. The pools are so clean and big! One really big one, it's colder than the other one great for hot days, and a smaller but deeper one. It's quite warmer. The roads are all paved so it's easy to bike around. Great size! I can get up in the morning and not have to tell my parents where I am going because they can find me very easily. Bingo on Saturday nights is awesome! He peolple are very friendly! I'm a very shy person, but I have no problem going up to them. Teen pool parties are so cool!! This year, I'll finally be able to get in! I HIGHLY recommend people stay there!

Stayed June 2005

Been to Pine Cone Camping? Share your experiences!