“Best hotel in Temiskaming-You will enjoy!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
sudbury
“Best hotel in Temiskaming-You will enjoy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Have stayed here 3 times....suites are large clean, modern and comfortable...still new feeling...hotel has an adequate breakfast included and has a wonderful fresh scent. Very close to Walmart and a couple of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was beautifully decorated and very clean and comfortable. We paid extra (and it wasn't inexpensive to do so) for a suite with a kitchenette or wet bar - sink and microwave and small fridge. We requested a suite because we wanted to be able to eat in it - we have dietary restrictions and had to go to an appointment very shortly after arriving. However, there were no utensils and dishes, as well as no tea towel and dish cloth. The staff was helpful in providing us with a microwavable bowl to heat the food we had brought and paper plates and plastic utensils from the breakfast room. I am just not understanding why there would be a sink and no drying towel and washing cloth; why a microwave and no dishes to use in the microwave to heat up the food; why no dishes or utensils if a kitchenette is offered. If none of these are to be provided, then I feel it should specify this on the website - maybe the hotel has by now after I completed their survey pointing this out. I hope so anyway - either that or supply dishes and utensils - just a few would be enough. Had it been indicated on the website there were no dishes or utensils provided, then we would have known to bring our own. It was a bit of a waste of money for us to pay the extra if we would not be able to use the kitchenette equipment. However, all that being said, it is a very nice hotel. We would stay again, only this time bring our kitchen supplies with us, unless the hotel decides to provide some. We were told the apartment rooms in the hotel have dishes, etc., but we did not know there were apartments and we would probably not want one for one night. (If there had been a Staybridge or Residence Inn in New Liskeard we would have stayed there instead knowing they have what we require, but when there aren't these hotels in a community, then I believe hotels with suites should go that extra mile, espeically as Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge are owned by the same company - I believe they are anyway.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

As I was visiting Timmins, New Liskeard, Swastika, Kirkland lake for work, One of my hotels that I was lucky to convince my company to stay in, was this one. The Holiday Inn, is fantastic! probably one of the best hotels in the surrounding area.

Where do I start? The staff were absolutely brilliant. Very nice, helpful, and very considerate. I was working 16-20 hour days, and I really needed the hot tub. They allowed me to go in around 11:45pm, even after the pool was closed. This was one of the kindest thing a hotel has done for me. They understand how hard we work, and want us to feel right at home.

The hotel was very clean, my room was immaculate. I brought my xbox with me, to keep me company during certain parts of the day, and with their lovely LCD flatscreen i got to enjoy some gaming and watching movies, while relaxing.

The beds were very comfortable, the showers clean, warm and working. When I walked into the room, my biggest complaint was resolved before I got in. The room was WARM! I couldn't believe it. A hotel that sets the temperature accordingly in your rooms. I couldn't tell you the amount of hotels I've been to in the winter ,and there is no heat, I walk into a freezer.

The breakfast in the morning was great. It had a lot of variety, and you can't complain about eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit. Also being a member I got to do a delayed check out at no extra cost. The Wifi internet was very fast and reliable, and i got to do all my paperwork with no hassle.

I stayed here twice, and both were 2 nights. Thank you again for making this pleasurable. I know its not the cheapest, but quality is greater than settling for less.

Room Tip: Anywhere above the first floor is great.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay in the area with limited other options. Staying at a Holiday Inn is fairly consistent no matter which city you stay in so you know what to expect. This is a newer hotel and situated just off Highway 11 in New Liskeard (north side). Close to shopping and restaurants. Only a short drive to the downtown and waterfront. Either for a visit in the area or looking for a place to rest as you're passing through, it's a recommended option.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn this week, it's very overpriced for the location. A room in Barrie is cheaper. Also, the bed are very hard and you can hear every door slamming on your floor. Needless to say not much sleep. I was traveling with someone else and she put the fan on in her when she arrived and she slept well, try that and maybe you'll get some sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here a number of times but had the great pleasure to speak with the owner this trip. He shared with me how this Holiday Inn is completely custom built, that every piece of carpet, furniture, fixture and artwork was hand-picked and not duplicated in any other hotel in the chain...and I started to put all the pieces together. The beds are monumentally comfortable, the breakfast is great, the pool is ultra clean. It's unlike anything else this far north. And of course, he's a motorcycle rider as well and trains all his staff on where the good local riding roads are and making sure the bikes are well protected!

• Stayed August 2012
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Jennifer at the front desk was a sweetheart & knowledgeable about the idea. The motel was very clean & quiet. We stayed here for 2 nights as we wanted to do some driving around. Had dinner one night at Zante's on the recommendation of Jennifer. Food was excellent & very friendly servers.
Overall, a really great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Liskeard? Share your experiences!