“Wonderful Stop in a Great Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leisure Inn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Temiskaming Shores
Leisure Inn Hotel
You added Leisure Inn Hotel to your Saves list
509 Ferguson Avenue | Haileybury, Temiskaming Shores, Ontario P0J 1K0, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Special offer $75/single
Waterloo, Canada
“Wonderful Stop in a Great Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our thanks to Ernie and the family for their hospitality to the En-kata Choir as we travelled through Temiskaming Shores this fall! We had a lovely stay at the Leisure Inn, and we felt welcomed - more like extended family than guests. We're delighted to have had the chance to meet Ernie and the family, and I truly hope to have an opportunity to return.

The wifi worked, the breakfast was great, the rooms were comfortable and very clean, and the location was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank You for bringing your choir team from Africa and staying with us. You did not mention the ice cream, I thought that would have been the hi light of the trip. It was funny when the African team asked if it was cold and decided not to have any. You guys were great, our youth group really enjoyed them. We would be glad to have you come and visit if you are ever in the area.
Ernie, Pam, Jeremy & Leisure Inn Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I truly appreciate the friendly, home-like atmosphere that I experienced while stay at the Leisure Inn. I was away from home for weeks on end while working in the area, Ernie and his family and staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable during my stay. The rooms are extremely clean and well-appointed. A few mornings I was able to have breakfast and conversation with Ernie, he made me feel like I was at home with family. Ernie and his family and staff were gracious to all who were there, and very caring to ensure I was comfortable even during the busy hokey season. Genuine people who take great pride in giving a stranger a bit of home away from home. Like the sign out front says “Our Pleasure is Your Leisure”. Truly great people and establishment! A much appreciated thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We really appreciated having you stay with us. You are a very friendly person and easy to be friends with. We hope you are able to bring your wife back next summer for a vacation. Our Beach pool is one of the Best in Ontario and just steps away from the Inn.
Thank You for the Great review, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Ernie, Pam, Jeremy and Leisure Inn Team
Porcupine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have been traveling for hockey with our children for years and This is by far the best hotel. This hotel is ideal for family. They have so many things for the children to keep occupied (basket ball, hockey, movies, vidio games etc...). The staff was great, accomadating and very pleasant. The owner was playing with the children and even attended one of our games. A very nice breakfast is served every morning. The place is simple and very clean - a home away from home feeling. Thank you for the great hospitality!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for staying at our Leisure Inn with your SP Eagles hockey team. A good group of boys that obeyed when I asked them to do something. The parents were also very respectful to our staff and our Inn. It is great when we can all have fun. One of the parents reported to me that he had spilled wine on the pillows and bed. Please tell him that due to him telling us, we were able to get the stains out. I really appreciate it when someone is brave enough to tell us when something happens. Please have your team book early next year so they can come again. Ernie, Pam, Jeremy & Leisure Inn Team
Devon, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We chanced on this hotel when looking for somewhere to break our journey south from Chapleau to Bracebridge. Although we could have stopped just one night we were pleased that we spent the extra night. The family that run the hotel could not be more friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi that worked well and breakfast included all set an example for some of the big chains taht feel obliged to charge extra for these services. The rooms were spotless and of a good size.

The lake is beautiful and the walk along the shoreline to the nuclear bunker style millionaires folly an interesting and relaxing interlude. The small museum is fascinating especially if you get the tour from the enthusiastic guide.

Haileybury has very few places to eat, especially in the evening and none seem to have a liquor licence. We twice drove to the shopping precint out of New Liskeard towards Quebec and ate at Steak Villa was excellent especially their pasta night.

We got the impression this area could be a more popular tourist destination if it was better known. If you travelling in the area anytime its worth checking out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We were really glad you chose to stop on your tour through Northern Ontario. Always glad to have some guests from England. Our cleaning Ladies do a great job of keeping our rooms clean, The Key point in having guests stay with us and especially returning to stay with us again. I thought you would like the steak villa, they are one of the best restaurants in the area. If you ever visit Canada again, please stop in and see us. Ernie, Pam, Jeremy & Leisure Inn Team
ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My dad and I stayed in Haileybury while on a road trip of northern Ontario and Quebec.New owners were more than accommodating of my dad who is mobility impaired. Our room, #101,was beside the office, had safety bars in bathroom and a ramp into room. The breakfast was more than perfect. The owners' recommendations for supper were great. The R.U. Hungries Food Shop and Pizzeria was a wonderful surprise..The snow in October was not.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you 2 for your kind comments. It was really nice to meet both of you. You are so friendly, easy to please, and encouraging. I hope you come again real soon and we will pray that you don't get snow the next visit. Ernie, Pam, Jeremy & Leisure Inn Team
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Late Sept. my friend from BC, my working dog and myself spent 4 wonderful nights here. My friend whose family originally is from New Liskard was there to visit and I to relax and enjoy the area. When Ernie the owner knew I was looking for hiking trails he was at my room with a very helpful map detailing my best choices. They were extremely caring about my dog being comfortable, which meant a great deal to me.
The room was spotless and well designed with the sink being outside the bathroom, always helpful when 2 girls are using it.
My relaxing time away was made by the fact we stayed here. The owners were gracious to all who were there, and very caring to their staff which was quite noticeable. Genuine people who take great pride in giving
strangers a bit of "Home Away From Home".

Room Tip: Not mentioned in their list was a hair dryer. Shampoo, cream rinse and soap dispenser in the shower
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thanks for the great review. Could you please send me a copy of the dog picture by email. I am glad you liked the shower soap dispensers, they work pretty good. Your dog is special and you sure have trained him well. I was glad you came back safely from all your hikes. Come and see us again next time you come to town. Ernie, Pam, Jeremy & Leisure Inn Team
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My partner's family have been staying here for years and the new owners have continued to provide a wonderful place to stay - you're in good hands. All the rooms we have stayed in are spotlessly clean. The breakfast served is perfect - a little bit of everything is available. You're close to the waterfront and local restaurants. Go to their web site and watch the video - it doesn't exaggerate at all! Don't even look at another place - call them to book now before they fill up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Hi Doug, thanks for the great advertisement for our Leisure Inn. Your review is even more important as i can see you are a world traveller and know what you want in a Hotel stay. Come and stay with us again in the future. Ernie, Pam, Jeremy & Leisure Inn Team

Been to Leisure Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!