“My yearly get away that I wouldn't change.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Pine Lodge

White Pine Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Temiskaming Shores
White Pine Lodge
You added White Pine Lodge to your Saves list
Whitewood Av W PO Box 548,Temiskaming Shores, Temiskaming Shores, Ontario, Canada   |
Victor, New York
“My yearly get away that I wouldn't change.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

First of all, I want to dispute the earlier negative comment. As far as I know, White Pine Lodge does not take credit cards. So, for that comment to be made, I think it is highly suspicious of being from someone who has no idea what White Pine Lodge is about. I've gone to White Pine Lodge for four straight years after spending times at other resorts. John and Lorraine, the Outfitters are very gracious and accommodating hosts. Both are hard working, and ensure that the cabins, boats, and any equipment that we have needed, were in all great condition and working order. The cabins are in great shape and the accommodations are the best I have ever stayed in. If you want a get away with the family, or a get away with your friends, I do highly recommend White Pine Lodge. Right on the Montreal River with trails leading to hidden lakes for some great Pike fishing. I have gone there only to fish, no hunting.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've been taking annual fishing trips with my Dad for decades, and we've been going to White Pine Lodge for five or six consecutive years. The fishing opportunities are diverse; the proprietors are the most hospitable of hosts; and the lodging is clean, comfortable, and updated. After vacationing at innumerable fishing outfits my whole life, we keep returning to White Pine because we feel at home there. I highly recommend White Pine for anyone looking to get away with family or friends.

Room Tip: If you're older or have mobility issues, try the cabins on the water; the cabins in the woods ma...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

i'm not sure who stayed there and mad that comment that people were to avoid this place, but...we have gone there for over 15 yrs, since they re-opened it back then and you have your opinion, but we HIGHLY recommend it to anyone ..they have treated us like family for all these yrs and nothing "fishy" so-to-speak with hidden charges....it was your first trip...they do respond...you need to email them again or call....this is an excellent vacation/fishing lodge...nothing but good words for the krulls @ white pinbe lodge!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've been going to White Pine Lodge for years and have had an excellent experience. The previous review must be speaking of another White Pine Lodge as this one does not take credit card nor are they open in November. The owners bend over backwards to accommodate your fishing experience. My father, daughter, son and nephews have had amazing fishing there every spring and summer limiting out on Walleye, we have even caught some rare blue Walleye. The pike are also plentiful as well as jumbo perch and small mouth bass. We have caught Walleye and pike right from the dock!! The cottages are clean and well maintained, the boats are in excellent working condition and it is a quiet and peaceful escape in the northern Country. We have been to many other fishing camps and White Pine Lodge is were we return every year.

Room Tip: There are 4 cottages right on the water with a dock for the boat and the price is the same. The Osp...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Marlborough, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

For starters, don't ever give this lodge your credit card. They will charge you after you leave and will not respond to any calls or emails to get an explanation for the charge. Be prepared to dispute your charge.

The trip disappointed all three of us and we had to leave early. Then when the credit card charge came through, that was it. We felt obligated to warn prospective customers. What a waste of money.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to White Pine Lodge? Share your experiences!