“Amazing venue to get married; everything you could want and MORE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bonnie View Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Bonnie View Inn to your Saves list
Bonnie View Inn
Box 419 | 2713 Kashagawigamog Lake Road, Haliburton, Ontario K0M 1S0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Haliburton
“Amazing venue to get married; everything you could want and MORE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were married at Bonnie View Inn in September. We and all our guests had an amazing time. A large portion of our guests had said it was the best wedding they had gone too. The convience of staying at the resort was a life saver and I also like to think it brought everyone together. Andrea is a wonderful planner and gave us so many ideas, we were able to have a bonfire after the wedding which was nice for everyone to talk and calm down before bed. Would recommend Bonnie View and Andrea to anyone who wants a wedding everyone will remember. Andrea was accomodating on all accounts and was a great resource during stressful pre-wedding times. The rooms were incredibly warm and welcoming and the beds were SO comfortable! The food was beyond fantastic and all of our guests raved about the presentation, flavour and timely fashion in which it was brought out. Breakfast was also included in the room cost and it was very delicious. The morning of the wedding they even had the breakfast delivered to my wife's room to ensure that we did not see each other. No detail was missed and every task was done with thoughtfulness and care. My wife, myself and all of our guest were made to feel like family, not just guests. 5 stars across the board!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

It's a beautiful setting with ample lake front and a swimming beach, but my wife and I stay there for one reason only and that's the incredible cuisine. On each visit we wish we could stay an extra week so we can sample the entire menu. Oh yes, you are assured of a clean room with varying features such as fire places or spa tubs. The resort is well managed and always adding new amenities. Frankly, the place was a dump when the current owners took over ten years ago but they have transformed it into a Central Ontario jewel.

Room Tip: The chalets offer more privacy and less noise. The standard rooms are more motel-like except for th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private chalet at the end of september and from the booking of our visit through to our departure, it was the BEST weekend ever. Andrea and the staff were welcoming and accomodating, even coming to wake us up when we missed our dinner reservation.

The food was beautiful and delicious and the wood burning fireplaces made for cozy autumn evenings in. It was the best vacation we've been on in awhile. When I first looked up Bonnieview Inn on trip advisor, it was the #2 resort in haliburton. After visiiting, i couldn't believe it wasn't #1. And now this site says it is #1. Congratularions to Andrea and Monte for a well deserved ranking. We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I currently attended a wedding at Bonnieview this past weekend. I was blown away from the moment we pulled in! Check in was effortless and easy, and was greeted by a smiling face. we stayed in a 2bdrm chalet but all suites have a view of the lake. Wood burning fireplace was a nice surprise. Clean and felt like a little taste of home <3

The food...IS BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS!!!! Better then any food at ANy wedding I have worked as a Dj or attended as a guest over the last 10 years. They love what they do clearly. Who else would take the time to make your mashed potatoes look like a pear. SERIOUSLY!!!

The staff....could not believe ow much everyone seemed to love their jobs. Always smiling, helpful, and courteous.

Location....was about 2.5 hours away from where we live but well worth the drive. The views were impeccable and can't wait to go back next summer to take FULL advantage of the activities they have.

Andrea is the owner of Bonnieview and was so informative, helpful, was such a gracious host. See you all in JULY 2013

Room Tip: You can't go wrong
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Went up there for a night before a company conference in Haliburton. This place is amazing ! Really friendly greetings from the owners and staffs. Although its a smaller resorts compare to other ones in the area, but the atmosphere was just great. Dinner which includes in our stay was amazing !! I was actually really surprised - I would say the food is as good as (if not better) that some resturants in Toronto. The only downside is I didnt get hot water in my room in the morning time... but if you have a chance, try getting up early in the morning, the early morning mist over the lake will literally make you forget everything.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The staff were super welcoming and friendly
We stayed in a lodge room suite after a very rainy week.

I was impressed with the variety of offerings they had paddle boats, kaykas, skiing, banana boat, water slides, trampoline, jet ski rentals, lifejackets of all sizes, badminton, fitness room, kids cabin, volleyball, docking and boat launch.
There is a small but adequate beach front with lounge chairs.
A lakeside patio bar. Lunch is avialble at the bar with docking /water access open to the public. Not included in room cost, although it didnt seem really busy with people not staying at the resort. My salmon was good although I cant say I was impressed with the sides at all.

Our room was equipped with fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer and you receive a room box on check in with your keys and a flashlight - very handy. Also included were remotes, a deck of cards and a wine bottle opener. Wifi for the most part did not work well.

There is a small stand up shower in the proper bathroom as well a large jacuzzi tub in the bed area.
A half wall and a step-up separates the the fireplace/seating area with a couch, chair & big coffee table, from the bedroom / jacuzzi area. Fair size closet and dresser for storage.
The bottom level tile floor great for catching sand althought the upper level was carpeted and a bit dated.

Sliding glass doors and a screen door lead to the small porch with chairs and a small table.
A volleyball court is directly in front of the room divided by a small well kept garden.
I would have to keep an eye on the ball to make sure I didn't take one in the side of the head of a heated game were on the go.

A wood bruning fireplace in the room and wood available.
Our fireplace could have used a cleaning out of built up ash.
It worked well enough to dry out the room with the ceilng fan going.

The brekkie was great, order from menu not continental- a nice touch.
Dinner was surprisingly good said the foodie; could have gone a little lighter in the sauces but overall enjoyable.
The basic menu had great selection; upgrades available as well.
Bring a slightly nicer outfit this is not a cutoff shorts type dinner forum.
The meal is included in you room cost; dinner time booked at check in.
Gratuities were also included but we still left a tip.
I really liked that children were booked in for different times than adult dining; at least I think that was the case; we booked the late dinner so it may have been coincidence.
Bring your own wine - small corkage fee; but there is a full bar in the lounge area, with pool table and foozball/gitz table, games galore, ample seating and a big fireplace which would be a nice fall or winter evening retreat.

Well situated on a nice lake system so if you do bring a boat or canoe it is a good day to spend on the water. Small parking lot so load on top rather than trailering your canoe or kayak.

Initially I thought the price was high but factoring in the dinner and the breakfast and all the extra amenities the cost was fairly reasonable.
If you are looking for a romatic getaway I would recommend a smaller cottage or an upper level suite. The bottom level has a good view in as well as out at night and as mentioned a volleyball game could break out in front of your door.

I would defintely visit again for a weekend retreat, although ore likely In the fall or winter when kids are less likely to be running around.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Me and my finance had an outstanding time at the Bonnie View Inn. Everything about it was just amazing. The chalet we stayed in, the food, atmostphere, location, cleaniness, variety of stuff to do on the resort, and customer service was just excellent and so sincere. My sincere thanks to Andrea and Monte who made us feel so welcome and treated us like royalty. I cant wait to come back. Thanks again.

Paul from Peterborough

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bonnie View Inn? Share your experiences!