“Great Place For a Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loralea Country Inn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Haliburton
Loralea Country Inn Resort
You added Loralea Country Inn Resort to your Saves list
Halls Lake 17560 Highway #35, Haliburton, Ontario K0M 1J2, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Haliburton
bracebridge ontario
“Great Place For a Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I recently returned from my second stay at Loralea Country Inn, and certainly plan to return. Bill and Heather are a friendly couple who work very hard to make their guests feel at home, and to keep the grounds looking good.
Although the cabins/cottages are older, they are well equipped, both inside and outside. The towels may not be Royal York size, however the hot water is plentiful, as is the firewood.
This year I booked two weeks at the lakeside cottage. Though part of the resort, my family and I enjoyed having a private dock for fishing and secluded outside sitting area. We felt there was nothing better than having nightly campfires right beside the lake.
Of course, we also had the use of the beach, paddle boats, water toys, games etc. that the other guests enjoyed.
Loralea, on Halls Lake, is within easy driving distance of many local "Tourist Attractions", whether you want to check out shopping, sports or area history. Even Santa's Village, Bracebridge is only an hour away!
I highly suggest that you consider Loralea Country Inn Resort for a reasonably priced, pet friendly family or couples holiday..

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I had a wonderful time. Quiet, relaxing and the grounds were clean & well kept. A perfect way to end a summer vacation before heading back to work. The whole family enjoyed their time there. We will book the resort again in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Woodstock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My husband & I, plus our dog just came back from the Loralea for a week. First time of going there and would go back again no problem. Heather & Bill are two amazing people who make you feel welcome, their resort is comfortable and inviting. The only downfall we had was the weater SUCKED, rained most of the week. In your cabin/cattage you have a TV/VCR and they have movies you can watch so we kept ourselves busy.. The resort has much to day, small beach, dock for fishing, paddles boats/canoes, horseshoes and so much more, never a dull moment. Cabins/cottages are well equipped VERY CLEAN, including the bedding & towels which are supplied at N/C. For the price you pay, this resort is worth the money. We stayed in Cabin #4 cozy & nice. Cottage #6 is larger and a great view of the lake. Romantic even comes with a fireplace inside. We will stay there on our next visit..... Heather & Bill if you read this PLEASE keep up the good work. Julie & Gordon

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

I have to say Loralea country Inn is the best family vacation we ever had. We went there for one week over 4 years ago and we love it so much we have been going back every summer. This summer will be our 5th year. The owners of th resort are so kind and friendly and accomodating. There are always fresh clean linens. When you need something they are always there to help.
they treat you like family instead of guests. We met so many people their over the years and have been become good friends with them. The lake is beautiful, swimming excellent and my daughter just loves to fish off the dock,there are plenty of fish. I could go on and on about Loralea but I think you get the Idea. Go to Loralea and see for yourself you will just love it!

K.M.

• Disliked — The Hosts
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2005

If you're looking for a comfortable, beautiful getaway, may I suggest the Loralea Country Inn Resort in Halls Lake. I've visited this resort many times, each visit more wonderful than the last. The owners are a friendly, loving couple. The cabins are absolutely wonderful and the property is so peaceful right on the lake. I'm able to bring my pets and just relax away from the city. There is absolutely everything you could possibly ask for at this quaint, homey getaway. My last visit I was in the cabin right on the lake. It was amazing. The weather was great so I got to see the sunset everynight. At night I would sit back and watch a movie (there was a tv and vcr), and fall asleep to the sounds of the crickets, not the usual sirens and horns i'm used to. The cabin was spotless and the beds cozy. All and all a wonderful experience and I will be going back many more times (already booked for 2 weeks next year). So if you're interested in really enjoying a getaway, I couldn't recommend a better place.

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2005

My Fiance and I just came home from our third visit to the Loralea Resort.
We both love the cozy cabins, beautiful views and general warm, comfortable atmosphere.
The owners go way out of their way to make sure every little detail is looked after and that you feel welcome and all your needs are taken care of.
The Loralea is a fantastic family destination and they are pet friendly and go out of the way to make sure each season is filled with an assortment of activities for all ages. All included with your stay.
You want to talk about meals... At Loralea there is zero chance of leaving their table hungry and not fully satisfied. As with everything else no detail is left untouched and we feel they always exceed our expectations.
Overall the Loralea is a wonderful, very reasonably priced Resort.
We give it two thumbs up and Thank You Loralea!

• Stayed November 2005
Toronto, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

Had a lovely weekend near Halls Lake but feel pretty ripped off and disappointed by the resort we stayed at. We will definitely not be returning there, even though we love the town and area and plan to make more trips to cottage country. So it's the proprietors' loss of solid repeat business.

The major let down of the trip was our accomodations at the Loralea Resort in Minden, Ontario. We feel a bit duped and dissapointed by the cottage we booked.

Whatever you do, do NOT stay at the Loralea resort.
-----

The photos of the cabin online showed a brick fireplace, wood paneled cabin, promoting a secluded setting by a lake. We got there at 11pm Friday to discover a dingy little shack, with orange shag carpeting, reeking of old cigarette smoke, which was part of a big campsite with lots of other cabins around. The owner made us pay upfront before seeing the cabin. At that point we had no where else to stay (after a 2.5 hour drive) so we stayed the weekend and made the most of it.

Get this...the "brick fireplace" shown in the resort website photos was fake. There were no bricks. There was a fireplace, but with this cheap, fake brick vinyl wall paper around the mantle. The wood paneling? Not real wood! It was particle board or plastic siding with fake wood-print on top!!! The stupid place was built on a hill, so the floor had a lean. And a big puddle formed in the bathroom every time you took a shower and wouldnt evaporate. Even the tea kettle didnt work, and the owners didnt bring us a new one when we asked for one. The double bed was also tiny with thin, worn blankets and sheets!

There were two little threadbare brown mangy towels left for us for the whole weekend. The proprieters were really rude and acted incredulous when we asked for more towels, finally handing over extras begrudgingly. And they yelled at us for letting the dog run off leash.

We got a general feeling of unwelcome from the owners. They never asked us how we were doing. We left a day early and they never asked "how was your stay?" or "is there anything we could have done better?" Just general poor service and attitude.

Overall, a beautiful setting on Halls Lake. We woke up early on Sunday to watch a magnificent sunrise.

Our trip was still great DESPITE this resort. My boyfriend and I went on a day trip to Dorset and hike up their Watch Tower to see a great view of Haliburton's fall colour glory, lakes, forests and streams.
We also visited the remarkable and unique Scupture Forest beside the Haliburton School for the Arts and Fleming College.

Been to Loralea Country Inn Resort? Share your experiences!