“5s down the board!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 19 Attractions in Haliburton
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience what it's like to drive a dogsled team with Ontario's only Iditarod & Yukon Quest kennel! Our family run business complete with 150 loveable Siberian Huskies has had the honour of welcoming guests from around the world the last 14 years, with the stunning rugged wilderness of Haliburton/Algonquin Park as our backdrop. Escape today's hectic world & let your spirit soar as the huskies share their passion & the land reveals its magic
London, Canada
“5s down the board!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Wow! What an amazing experience!! The weather was perfect (maybe a little warm for the dogs, but it was great for me!).

I went not really knowing what to expect. A friend and I signed up for the half day tour and we were ready for an amazing adventure - and an amazing adventure is what we got!

Our guide Jess was phenomenal. Her passion and love for the animals was obvious.

The scenery was breathtaking. It looked like you were in the middle of a story book. This is what a Canadian winter is supposed to look like!

The dogs were great! After 4 hours, I didn't want to give them up! I was so attached! Demon, Timo, Peach, Rosie, Snowball, and Jewel were my babies!!

If anyone is thinking about maybe going, I would urge them to go. They won't be disappointed. I'll be passing on my review to all my friends. I'll be returning no doubt next winter.

Burlington
“Better than you can imagine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful dogsledding adventure we took with you yesterday. Your crew is totally professional, from the initial inquiry through to the end of the tour, and their love for each and every dog is so evident! As nice as the pictures are, it's impossible to completely capture the awesome beauty of the experience. We are so grateful that we could participate in what you both clearly love so much. Bravo to you for sharing Winterdance with the rest of us. Very inspiring! What a great way to end our holiday in Haliburton before returning to work in the city. We will definitely return, hopefully with family in tow for our second time (third for Melissa). We would highly recommend this company to anyone considering a wilderness tour in Haliburton.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Fun and adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This has been the third winter time I have brought friends and family to Winterdance. Every time we *love* it. The team is very knowledgeable about the dogs and clearly love and respect them. Instructions are clear and everyone is very friendly. It is a real adventure, hot chocolate and all. We will be coming back next year!

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“A very fun afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Winterdance is a fantastic way to spend a few hours...the dogs are gorgeous and seem very well treated; the staff are friendly and professional; and the scenery is beautiful. All in all an excellent adventure. Just one qualification - if you have young children I would think carefully about taking them with you. We decided against taking our two year old and were pleased we made that call...a 6 yr-old on the same outing was miserable by the end of the trip and who can blame him when the temperature was -11 degrees! All in all though Winterdance is fantastic - I was just sorry I couldn't take our lead dog home with us...

London, Canada
“A must try experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you are put off by smelly noisy dogs, this may not be for you.

But if you're an animal lover and like outdoor adventure, this is an once in a lifetime experience you must try! Even if you didn't want to mush the dogs and just wanted to ride as a passenger, taking in the landscape from the sled and being a part of the dog team energy is exciting in itself!