“Thumbs' Up to the Pinestone” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course

You added Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course to your Saves list
Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4252 County Road #21 | P.O. Box 809, Haliburton, Ontario K0M 1S0, Canada (Formerly Delta Pinestone)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Haliburton
Cheboygan, Michigan
“Thumbs' Up to the Pinestone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

We recently spent 3 nights at this resort in a villa overlooking the golf course. What we were looking for was a laid-back comfortable
environment to relax. For this, the Pinestone was perfect. The villa itself was very nice and the golf course view an added benefit, esp. in the evening when deer grazed on the fairway.
We took one dinner at the golf course restaurant and it was delicious and more than fairly priced. We found the staff friendly, esp. Janet at check-out who offered many helpful suggestions for the next leg of the trip. The two reservationists I worked with were both excellent, believe their names were talia and Tammy.
If you are looking for a perfectly kept
resort, this might may not be the place for you. Building exteriors, fences, walkways
and entries etc. all needed work. The housekeeping staff was NOT ambitious, even suggesting to us the absolute minimum they would have to do one day. It was actually muddy when we were there (probably only time this summer) and tile in entry was not cleaned. However, the housekeepers were good once a request was made. For the price, we felt it was only fair.... It seemed like the resort was short-staffed the late August weekend we were there.
Once again, we had a great experience and enjoyed our time there. We appreciate Delta hotels being pet-friendly and would return if we were in the Highlands once again. Just
keep a laid-back attitude when you're there
and you'll enjoy it alot.

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Whitby Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

After reading the other reviews for this resort, after having already booked a mother/daughers spa getaway, I was expecting to be disappointed.
However, our experience was quite the opposite to that described by others. The staff were gracious, helpful and accommodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The meals in the Heatherwood dining room exceptional.
The spa treatments were excellent, and the young esthetician stayed an hour and a half beyond her regular working day to accommodate all of our treatments.
The package included dinner and breakfast and at both meals we had full access to everything on the menu.
At 255 per person, including a 125 spa creadit and two very excellent meals, we figure the room was almost free!
Would highly recommend it and would gladly return.

• Liked — The staff were warm and friendly
  • Disliked — We could not have our spa treatments together
  • Tips/Secrets — Book spa treatments well in advance to get the time and the treatments you want
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2006

I really thought there was some mistake when I pulled up here for a business overnight stay (conference). This was a DELTA RESORT, right? Actually, it looks and smells like a retirement home, which is an insult to retirement homes. It's old, outdated, cramped, and falling to bits. The conference areas were a joke...lots of wood panelling and cheesy chandeliers. I almost laughed when I went into the "basement" for my room. The room is small and laughably underequipped for the price paid (which was over $215 CDN!!!!!!!) and had that old motel feel. The room featured a walkout to the lake, which was nice.

I really did laugh, I actually laughed. No room service. You can go to the restaurant to order, and then they'll send your food over. Food is mediocre. There seemed to be some confusion over the actual room service. Some staff said I could have called, others said I had to go to the restaurant. Fine.

Couldn't wait to get out. For $50-$75 a night, I would have said "ok, that's what you get in Muskoka in high season for that". At $150, I would have laughed. At over $215, I snort milk out of my nose.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

I was extremely disappointed with the Delta Pinestone. I attended a wedding at the resort and although the surroundings were beautiful, the front desk staff and servers in the restaurant were rude and unfriendly. After one particularly displeasing exchange with a the woman at the front desk where I was made to feel as though I'd inconvenienced her by asking a question, I was afraid to return. The request that I'd made (that my friend be able to check in to our shared room) was brushed off as silly. However, I insisted that she write down this person's name. Regardless, when my friend arrived, she was not allowed to check in to our shared room. There wasn't one wedding guest who did not experience problems of this nature - mostly with the front desk staff, but also with the servers in the dining room.
Even the pastor who did the wedding vows (clearly hired through the hotel) used the ceremony as a means of promoting the resort. He referred to the Delta Pinestone as 'the jewel of the north' several times during the ceremony.
The rooms were overpriced and resembled Motel 6, not 'the jewel of the north.' The spa was also overpriced and the service was slow (we were pushed back several hours) and sloppy.
If the staff had been friendlier, perhaps these aspects of the stay could have been overlooked.
I found this resort hotel unacceptable, and would caution against hosting a wedding there.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Golf there, don't sleep there
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2003

My wife and I stayed at the Pinestone for a night a had a nice time.
The resort is huge and had a "campy" feel to it which was nice. Since it resides directly on a golf course, it was very hard to watch everyone tee off so Id suggest any guy going to ensure to bring his clubs and tell your wife you're "taking a walk". The golf course restaurant was decent and reasonably priced and overlooked the 18th green (again guys this is painful if you don't golf). We ate at Heatherwoods, the nice restaurant and a had a good meal with good service.

Been to Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course? Share your experiences!