My wife and I spent the night of October 21, 2012 at the Pinestone Resort. We had purchased a $179 package (room and meals) through TravelZoo. My wife and I are disappointed with our stay and experience at the resort.
Upon arrival we were assigned Room 228 in the main building. This room was damp, appeared dirty, gloomy (not at all like the photos on the website), the carpet was loose and bunched-up at the foot of the beds. We asked for another room – this time we were asked to look at Room 216. Again the room was gloomy, had an unusual odor, the bathroom fan was loose and made an awful noise and the hall lights flickered – we mentioned our dissatisfaction and were asked to look at Room 234. Although this room still had a few smaller issues we accepted this room. Some of the issues in this room which were noticed latr include bathroom vanity loose, torn wallpaper in bathroom, mold around bathtub, generally dark and gloomy room (not at all like the photos on the website), stains on the carpet, coffee maker that does not work properly. I can’t believe Room 23 is one of the better rooms (according to the reception clerk)!
In addition to the challenges with our room I have a few comments about other observations at the resort:
• Hallway and reception carpets are dirty and worn.
• Baseboards in the hallways are loose.
• Empty beer bottles outside reception (still there overnight).
• A general “tired” look to the whole complex including furniture, carpets, wallpaper, etc.
• Sauna did not work properly.
• Toilet in men’s change room in pool area is loose and rocks back and forth.
• Lack of information in the room regarding what’s available at the resort, community, etc.
In our experience the only redeeming quality of the resort was the restaurant – we did enjoy dinner and breakfast and the services of the restaurant staff.
As someone who travels regularly for business and pleasure I can, without hesitation, tell you the Pinestone Rsort experience has been the worst in recent memory.
Based on our experience we will not be visiting Pinestone Resort again and will not be recommending the resort to family, friends and co-workers. I will even be asking TravelZoo if there is a way we can be refunded for the accommodation part of the cost of the package.
- Also Known As:
- Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course Hotel
- Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa And Golf Course
- Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course Hotel Haliburton
- Pinestone Resort Haliburton
- Delta Pinestone Resort
- Delta Haliburton
- Pinestone Hotel Haliburton
- Haliburton Delta
- Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course Haliburton, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre: 160 Acres to Discover....Haliburton Highlands'largest resort, Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre Spa and Golf Course offers four-season amenities, a cozy ambience, spectacular fine dining, an on-site bar with live entertainment, an indoor saltwater pool with sauna, a fitness room with a view of Haliburton's nature, comfortable and spacious rooms, an outdoor pool with sundecks, a 14-acre activity pond for summer and winter activities, tennis courts, a games room, 24 hour business centre, free wireless internet throughout the resort, hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, and an on-site spa and salon. It is a perfect venue for corporate meetings; offering adventure team building, naturally lit meeting rooms and endless meeting possibilities. Weddings are very popular every season: both indoors and outdoors, with a capacity of 200 guests in the Highlands Grand Ballroom. On-site diningHeatherwood RestaurantIt’s all about food quality, intimacy and attentive service at Heatherwood Restaurant—Haliburton County’s causal fine-dining hot-spot. Chef’s famous culinary creations, the extensive wine list and Friday and Saturday’s prime-rib special attracts diners from all over Haliburton County, and leaves our guests raving about their Heatherwood experienceWith seating up to 110 people, views of the tranquil waters and stellar sunsets, Heatherwood is a popular venue for both large celebrations and intimate, lingering dates. Open for breakfast from 7:00am – 11:00am daily. Re-opening for dinner from 5:00pm - 9:00pm daily. Prime Rib Special Friday and Saturday nights. Reservations are recommended. Highlanders Bar & PatioCheck out the new vibe at Highlanders Bar! With its impressive slate bar top, wall of windows, sunny patio, stone fireplace and terrific food, it’s no wonder Highlanders Bar keeps people coming back. Daily specials, a full lunch and dinner menu, fun theme nights, live entertainment, billiards, flatscreens showing every Leafs game, cozy chairs and funky music make it a hip gathering place for friends,family and colleagues. Opens at 11am Monday to Saturday and 1:00pm on Sundays. ‘Like’ Highlanders Bar on facebook and follow us on twitter (HighlandersBar1) for upcoming entertainment and theme nights. 19 and over after 9pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.