Admittedly it was more my lack of research I feel , but gwinganna is more of a detox health farm aimed at 50 + year olds rather than a health retreat as the website indicates.
We did the 5 day well being programme and left on day two. I am not one for long drawn out reviews so here are the dot Points.
- staff are amazing and all very friendly , very passionate.
- meals are healthy and fresh, but not even close to being enough. I do eat allot but I am also very lean and fit. My pregnant wife just about had to lay still not long after lunch to pass time untill dinner ( a 5.5 hour gap).
- staff made it clear that more food would be available but when u asked it was far from easy and even when the wife requested food she was greeted by a handful of nuts,
- yes there are massive power lines through The middle of the property but its not that noticeable
- rooms are average and considering the amount of downtime or dreamtime don't plan on hanging in ur room ( we had the basic room type)
- lots of group activity on the well being programme and if u don't like name badges. , don't go.
- careful what u choose at the spa for treatments , they Definatly make it sound like 2 treatments are included but they didn't give us a price list and explain that my 80 min massage was $240 and the inclusion covered $95 of it ! The wife didn't use any of hers but I still had to pay the difference for
mine when we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a world of busy, Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat stands apart as the destination to help you rest and revive and inspires you to live a healthier life. Whether you stay for a spa weekend over two nights or the popular detox program over seven days, you will connect with supportive professionals who will teach you resilience in the modern world.Australia's award winning lifestyle retreat is surrounded by ocean and valley views in the Gold Coast hinterland, with exceptional facilities including the stunning Spa Sanctuary, one of the largest spas in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy delicious organic cuisine, an extensive range of activities and stylish accommodation including luxury villas. Gwinganna.....for the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Hotel Tallebudgera
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Australia/Gold Coast, Queensland