“Lovely lunch with friendly warm atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Lovely lunch with friendly warm atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had a fabulous lunch .. Made to feel really welcome by the staff and they welcomed our 2 little dogs, even gave them some treats . Will definitely be going back. Lovely setting too

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I booked a table for supper over Easter and were distinctly underwhelmed. The environment is very nice but service was very, very slow. the staff were all very nice and friendly but at one point I left the table and found all four waiting staff sitting at the bar chatting - we'd been waiting nearly an hour for our food. Our food was mediocre, my husband's starter was dry and overcooked. Mine was bland. Cold starters and later cheese were served on hot pieces of slate - not good - I assume they'd been put in the dishwasher and not allowed to cool. My burger was ok but nothing more than ok. The best thing I ate was the raspberry sorbet.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Never had a bad experience here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I've been here several times before but had not visited for about a year. My April experience was the same top quality as the other times. The food is good (great lamb roast), they do a good pint of Peroni and I experienced good service. It's not cheap but I don't think it's overpriced and it always has a nice ambience. For me it's definitely worth a drive out there, especially on a nice day.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Underwhelming and understatement”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Distinctly average food that was very much overpriced. the decor is heinous and the staff were so rude! Waited ages to be served, and longer to to get the bill which we ended up having to go to the bar to ask for. We were then given the bill with service charge included and when we contested it, the attitude from the waitress who was poor up until that point hit new lows because we refused to pay for her incompetence. It would be understandable if the place was packed but we were only one of two tables being served. It was a ghost town in there and I for one am not surprised. I will never eat there again. Chris Evans owned but definitely not possessing his charm. Big thumbs down

Visited February 2014
Loxwood
“Gorgeous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The food is very good quality and always served by their efficient and helpful staff. They have a very good wine list and a buzzing ambience. Would highly recommend for a slap up meal.

• Visited January 2014