“A new Chef and great food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Carmarthen
“A new Chef and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Daffodil menu has improved greatly although it was good the last time we went there. A very varied menu full of interesting dishes, with well produced fresh foods all dishes produced in the open kitchen.
The dishes served were lovely and obviously produced by knowledgeable Chefs. Portion sizes were more than adequate and you can see it put on the plate and served directly.
If there was a criticsm the front of house seemed under pressure and were really not that well informed about the menu.. Otherwise it was a very enjoyable dining experience and we will return soon.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Best desserts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We went here as a group of ate and had booked in advance. We waited a little while to be seated though and had to ask the waitress to be seated! I had chicken and potato dauphinois which was average for the cost. Everyone seemed to enjoy their mains. The best part was dessert. The chef is an ex Pastry chef! You could chose a chocolate themed dessert, a strawberry themed dessert or a candy themed dessert. Or there are other simple choices. I chose the strawberry themed and on my plate I had a mini strawb creme brûlée, a mini strawb pana cotta, and a scoop of ice cream. It was delicious. My sister had the chocolate themed one and on her plate was a mini choc tart, choc ice cream, mini choc bar and a white choc pana cotta. My boyfriend had the candy one and received a mini cone with ice cream, and two mini milkshakes, one tasted like skittles! just a shame I was a bit full frOm the mains. I would return there just for dessert!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
shropshire
“Six stars, heaven on a plate.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The best main I have eaten this year, most years in fact.

The third best dessert that I have ever eaten. Ever!

The very best dessert I have ever eaten sat opposite me and was ordered by my partner.

The desserts are described by only two or three words on the menu so not to ruin the surprise

What a place this is.

Hats of to the chef.

Plate after plate of exquisite skill delivered with love.

Great beer too.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Llandysul, United Kingdom
“Nice meal good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The restaurant was busy, but has a nice bar to wait around/meet people in. On nice days you can eat outside. The food was reasonably priced and tasty with a good choice. We live locally and use it regularly

Visited July 2012
Cheshire, UK
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We were staying in nearby pontsian and found several recommendations for this pub in the visitors book. We had a superb Sunday roast with proper roast potatoes and delicious veg and gravy! I think 3 courses was about £17.50 which, given the fine quality, was amazing value and worth every penny - this is a very clean, modern pub serving wonderful food with lovely, friendly staff who made us extremely welcome! We ended up staying all afternoon, sat in the sunshine, sampling the ales and wine, abandoned the car and got a taxi back to the cottage - Excellent - well done daffodil :-)