“Winedown Villa - wonderful holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Sands Vacation Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duncans
Silver Sands Vacation Villas
Save Saved
You added Silver Sands Vacation Villas to your Saves list
Duncans, Jamaica   |
Halifax, Canada
“Winedown Villa - wonderful holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just returned from Winedown Villa in beautiful Silver Sands. We were a party of 6 adults and 4 children and the house was large enough for everyone. The bedrooms are comfortable and common areas nicely furnished for relaxation. The pool is large but not too deep for smaller kids and the adults can still enjoy it.
The ladies at the house - Dassie and Olga - are wonderful. They will prepare anything you ask them to and did multiiple loads of laundry for us, folded and dry in no time. The food was all excellent. They prepared traditional Jamaican dishes and more North American favourites for those less adventurous eaters.
We had perfect weather and were able to enjoy the beach every day. On windy days the waves were great for boogie boards and on calm days the snorkelling was excellent. We took a trip with Errol out to the reef as well, which I highly recommend. Snorkelling down along the far end of the beach past Santa Margarita is the best, past the deserted beach and old dock. Saw several sting rays, star fish and conch.
The only problem we had the whole time was related to the little "no see-ums" which were out in force in the early mornings until about 9am and they arrived again about 4pm. We closed up the house but because the shutters have no screens, the house gets very hot and the bugs can still get in through the gaps. Luckily the bedrooms are screened and air conditioned so we retreated there early in the evenings when the OFF and Deet were no longer keeping them away. But then we couldn't enjoy the house with everyone. It would be a huge improvement if this lovely house had screens on the shutters in the common areas/kitchen. Otherwise it was perfect.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Morges, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the third time we have been to SilverSands but the first time we have stayed in Rum Jetty. This is easily the nicest villa I have ever stayed in and the first time I have had a private beach all to myself. Sitting out on the veranda in the evening just a step away from the sea is magical, the staff were wonderful and the meals delicious, particularly the breakfasts!
If we ever come back to SilverSands, which I'm sure we will, we will definitely be staying at Rum Jetty!

Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

First let me start out by saying that this was our fourth trip to Silver Sands in the last five years and as always the staff of mysilversands was first class all the way. We were met at the airport by a representative from Silver Sands and the nine of us were quickly transported to the villa. Our staff of three - Hedda, Carol & Venecia - were there to meet us when we arrived and we quickly settled in and unpacked for our ten day stay.

Azure Cove is one of the premier villas at Silver Sands and it is only four years old, so we had some pretty high expectations. We had previously stayed at Ebb Tide, Windjammer & Kammar which are very nice older villas, but all three were kept in spotless condition. We did not always find this to be the case at Azure Cove. When we arrived the pool and hot tub were in less than clean condition and remained that way the entire ten days. The water clarity was fine, so the proper amount of chemicals were being used, but we only saw the pool guy a couple of times & all he did was sweep the dirt around on the bottom. The hot tub also never functioned properly as the temperature was always too hot & it never went down no matter how much we tried to adjust it. We took to bailing the hot water into the pool and adding cold water from the hose just so we could use it in the evening. So this was a little disappointing. The other cleanliness issue was with the floors in the villa. In the previous ones we had stayed in, the floors throughout the villa were washed on a daily basis and the poolman would keep the pool deck clean. This didn't seem to be the case here, as the bottoms of my feet would testify to.

The three girls were lovely ladies and always treated us with kindness, and if we had not been to the other three villas we probably would have thought everything was fine. Hedda is an excellent cook and we enjoyed many nice dishes (her mac & cheese casserole is the best). But what she didn't do was provide any of the nice extra's that the other cooks would do. We asked her several times to make festival and only got it the final meal. We brought nice roasted yams back from our jerk guy and asked her to do a yam & cheese casserole we had at a couple of the houses. She assured us she could do it, but the next night they just came out roasted and not very appealing so this was disapppointing. She made one bannana bread (after being proded by one of the girls in our party) and one key lime pie, but again only after being asked. The other cooks would be suggestting things like calloo, corn meal cakes, festival, goat, desserts, etc.

I'd like to say we never complained about any of this to them, because in reality it didn't do much to hamper our vacation. The mysilversands staff called several times over the ten days to see how we were doing and we told them everything was fine. With a little more attention to detail, I'm sure these issues could be resolved.

As far as Siver Sands is concerned, all I can say is what a great little piece of paradise this place is. The mysilversands staff and the staff at the Villa Mart & Bar are all top notch people who should be proud of the great job they do. The swimming beach is beautiful with fine white sand. It's a great area to vacation with lots of things to do close by. If you've tried the all inclusives and you'd like something a little more homey & slow paced, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Twelve of us stayed at Pineapple Villa in early February. For some of us this was the third trip to Silver Sands. The staff, house, along with the entire Silver Sands experience, was just excellent. Two of of couples said it was their best vacation ever, they were not inexperienced travelers. We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The villa I stayed at , la hacienda , I would never recommend to anyone. First off. I live in kingston. I came on a 4 day vacation with my family excited to have a good time in this villa. I went with the impression that the villa would be quite nice due to its high cost. It was not cheap at all. I was sorely mistaken. The first thing I noticed was the kitchen. The cupboards were falling down and the light did nt work, and the counters were f such cheap material. Anyway, I made that slide. The rooms were pretty okay, but then , when the night came and I headed to have a shower, I noticed the water was ice cold. I was very upset. My family and I searched high and low for a heater switch but found none. We made it wait till morning to ask the housekeepers. We found out that they had turned it on from the morning before. They called the owner because I stressed that this was an issue; For the amount of money I payed, I must have the simple luxury of hot water. Anyway, the owners came and checked it out and claimed she was sending an electRician. For he 4 days we were there, there was no hot water, still. Second, the grill work all around the house were rusting. The rear of the house was in desperate need of paint, but the pool was nice, probably the best feature of this terrible house. Next, we tried turning on the stereo, but all the speaker wires which were supposed to be connected to it, were cut. There was a television in each bedroom, but don't bother trying to watch anything, it scrambles from now until tommorrow. Oh! I almost forgot , in one bedroom there was no water coming from the pipes! Whether shower or sink. The person had to be borrowing another bathroom. Also, my brother sat on the tanning bed outside and he fell right through! Silver sands is a great place to stay, as I have stayed in other villas there before, but as long as ur staying at La Hacienda, it's better u just stay at ur house, because for most people , the house will be worst than the one u have back where you're coming from.

Room Tip: No room is one which is desirable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Premchad, Owner and Manager of Mysilversands, Representing 47 Properties at Silver Sands Jamaica at Silver Sands Vacation Villas, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Mysilversands would like readers to know that villas at Silver Sands are owned, managed and marketed by different entities. Mysilversands is one such marketing agency representing over 47 houses at Silver Sands. Mysilversands regrets you did not enjoy your stay at La Hacienda in Silver Sands, but wishes to point out that you did not book with Mysilversands and that we do not offer this property for rental.
windsor ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was our 5th. annual march trip to Silversands and the second stay at Saltash. After a week in Negril, it was a nice change to relax in Duncan,s Bay. The lady,s at Saltash are super nice and the food is always top of the line. We had everything from jerk chicken to chicken lasagna, grilled pork loin, and I even had some private baking lessons, learning to make one of my favourites, gazzoda,s. We really like the layout of this villa, there are garden doors from the master bedroom that lead right on to the pool deck, and breakfast and lunch was served at the really cool bammboo dining set, poolside. The kids enjoyed the pool, and the cable tv,although I would rathere they didnt watch it on vacation, they are kids though. Its only a short walk to the beach where they played in the waves most days. If your looking for a quiet relaxing vacation Silversands is an excellent choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Caledon, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our 19th trip to Jamaica, which we obviously love, and our second trip to Silver Sands. This villa was definitely worth it. Amazing food--Miss Una and Scotty were fantastic--Christopher took care of our needs and started our days with Blue Mountain coffee. Miss Alice kept the place spotless, which wasn't easy with 6 teenagers with us. Our vow renewal was special as well, with Pastor Derek Bennett ensuring our happiness.

We always felt very welcomed, safe and secure. Having 6 teenagers at a resort can be scary, but we had no qualms here. The kids could run wild and I was not concerned. Fresh lobster one day, cocoa bread the next, the food went from high to high! Perfect chocolate cake, perfect pineapple upside down cake....never have I had it so good in the tropics.

I highly recommend Jamaica, and especially Endless Summer for a vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Silver Sands Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!