“Excellent accommodation which suited all ours needs” 5 of 5 stars

Clearwater Valley Resort
373 Clearwater Valley Road, Clearwater, British Columbia V0E 1N0, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Clearwater
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Excellent accommodation which suited all ours needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Excellent Mid point stay between Whistler and Jasper - very close to Wells Gray Provincial Park. We stayed in a Motel Family room (2 Adults 2 children aged 12 and 15) very comfortable accommodation with 3 separate beds - separated by partition wall - we found the accommodation comfortable and very clean and tidy and the staff could not have been more helpful. The site had all necessary facilities to meet our needs - a pool, restuarant and laundry. Excellent area for fishing, white water rafting and walking and motel can recommend guides. Overall we had an excellent stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Port Moody, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I had decided to explore Wells Gray park this year, and as I travel is a small
motorcycle tent trailer, I was looking for a good RV site to stay. I searched the net and found the Clearwater KOA, it looked like a nice place to stay and I was not dissappointed! Clean washrooms with free showers andfree internet. In the past I have been at places where the washrooms were a biohazard zone, so this was a nice change.
I found the service and help from the owners and staff to be excellent! They gave me tons of reading material, along with personal knowledge of
what to see in the park. I would have missed a lot if it were not for their advice. When I locked my keys in my car on a Sunday, the young lady at the desk knew who to call locall to unlock my car, I will forever be greatful for
that help!
The only negative I have is not with the KOA, it is with the Gas station / A & W complex near the part of the campground I was staying in. During my visit they started playing music at 6 am, despite a call from KOA to please start it later. It is my understanding that this is an ongoing issue with the owners of the offending noise. If the problem still exists, I would suggest getting a space away from that area which is around site #19.
I plan on going back again to explore more ofh Wells Gray, and rest assured ,I will be staying again at the Clearwater KOA !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Redmond, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

There were visible bed bugs on the night stand, very scarry, also there was a sewer problem and the whole room was stinking all the time we were there, never ever go to that place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
, Front Office Manager at Clearwater Valley Resort, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
I would like to know which room you actually stayed in because I have not had anyone registered from Washington in my motel.
Also we have never had bed bugs, so I am assuming you saw some type of beetle that could have flown in the room. If I had bed bugs in my motel, I would shut it down - AAA does surprise checks all the time throughout the summer and we would have failed if there was bugs in our rooms. We have never failed an inspection yet.
We have not had any sewer problems and if you had any problems with the smell of sewer I wish you would have come and talked to us so we could have looked into the problem.
I am not sure what you were smelling because all of our rooms have been booked solid since May and noone has brought this forward to us before. We are in the rooms daily and none of my staff has smelt anything that you are talking about.
East Wenatchee, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

This place is part KOA, so there was alot of campers nearby with lots of kids in the pool..read that as noisy. Desk staff was very nice on check in. Otherwise an good place to get a nights rest.
Probably would look elsewhere next time though.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stayed only a night in this place and really didn't like it at all. I imagine that if you're camping is alright but if you're looking for a nice cabin this is absotely not the place!

You pay a high price for a small "cabin", where we didn't even have place to leave our cases...! There was dirt in the corners as if a quick clean was made from time to time... the bathroom wasn't very nice either...

Our tv didn't work..., and the fan in the celling wasn't working either...

The "restaurant" was even worst! I asked for a salad and they wouldn't have some of the ingredients but wouldn't tell me when ordered and served it... When I asked where the rest of the ingredients missing where they told me they've run out of them! I told them they should have told me before... because a cheese salad wiithout cheese wasn't the point...

Really, find elsewhere and don't loose your time in this place!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Hastings, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

For our trip from Cache Creek to Clearwater we chose avoid Kamloops and travelled up Highway 97 and then along Highway 24. This route was whole heartedly rejected by the satnav which kept telling us to turn around and go back, which was quite unnecessary because this was a lovely route, especially as we passed the lakes.
The Clearwater Valley Resort is made up of a RV site and and chalets. Our accommodation was a house divided in 2 - we had the downstairs half. There were 2 rooms and 3 good sized beds. We chose to pay an extra 10 dollars for a kitchenette which was useful, although in the end we hardly used the available stove but having the plates etc available for breakfast was great.
Our accommodation was not made up when we arrived but after alerting the front desk the mistake was rectified immediately and the accommodation was ready by the time we had arrived back with our shopping.
The day had been very hot and a dip in the clean outdoor pool, with towels supplied upon request at the front desk, was very welcome.
There is a restaurant at which we ate on both of our nights that we stayed and found the menu and food to be just as good as elsewhere. It meant that I could have a beer.
In the vicinity there is the Wells Gray National Park to explore. The Resort front desk provided guides and recommendations when coming across bears. We had only one full day here so we chose to see the water falls but there is so much to see. In addition we missed out on whitewater rafting and canoeing which is widely available, so we could have done with staying at least a full day longer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010 via mobile

The motel rooms are an excellent chiice if you plan to visit the Wells Grey Provincial Park. Close to the park entrance, large rooms with kitchenette and balcony. Out out, the restaurant cannot compete on price, food quality, ambiance or service. The staff is very welcoming, nice and efficient in servicing theur guests.

• Stayed July 2010

Been to Clearwater Valley Resort? Share your experiences!