“Nice place with great view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gramma's Marine Pub

Gramma's Marine Pub
412 Marine Dr (at public wharf) | Box 425, Gibsons, British Columbia V0N 1V0, Canada
604.886.8215
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 41 Restaurants in Gibsons
Cuisines: Fish & Chips, Seafood, Dessert, Hamburgers
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A Gibson's harbour favourite for over 30 years! Gramma's Marine Pub is the Lower Sunshine Coast's only waterfront pub. Located on Gibson's Harbour right next to Molly's Reach, we offer a friendly and comfortable atmosphere true to our name. A spacious main seating area, covered deck, and outdoor patio along the seawall walk offer friends ~ old and new ~ all the comforts of home without the fuss. The spectacular view, high definition big screen TV's, a wide-selection of drafts beers, and a creative and tasty menu with fresh food options and prices that leave you smiling!
Vancouver
“Nice place with great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

It's been a while since I have visited Gibson but still has a great charm!
Was told by couple of locals it's a good casual dining .
Our server was nice and food was very good. I am a picky eater and as my partner says: if u say it's good, it must be really good! Lol
The only complain u have about the place is that's extremely hot in there!
It's like a green house! They should really either get a good air conditioning system or plenty of fan around the place! It was very uncomfortable to eat! And I had to ask our server to bring one menu back, so I could aye it as a fan!!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Hard Pass”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The view of the ocean is wonderful, if you can manage to get a table with a view, but other than that, nothing else was good. It took an hour and 10 minutes to get our food, which probably sat under the heat lamp for more than 20 minutes because by the time we got it, it all tasted awful. Our group ordered four different meals and all of them were difficult to get down. We didn't complain because the restaurant was very busy and the waitresses looked overwhelmed. This place is a hardpass, don't go for the food!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great fun atmosphere. Really nice servers. great view and the food is very good. Good location. Must see.

Visited July 2014
Gibsons
“What happened to the prices??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have been coming to this pub for the past 20+ years. Always great reasonably priced food, great atmosphere and the best view on the coast. Went in for a quick bite and bevy after Sea Cav this weekend and was shocked at the prices. Prices for appys have easily double to around 14 bucks each and 2 fish halibut and chips( 2 small pieces and a cup of fries and the most pathetic looking coleslaw ever) is most definitely the priciest I have seen in on the Sunshine Coast at $ 22.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Delta, Canada
“total disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

too bad so sad...the view is fab...upon arrival we got bar service but had to ask 20 min later to please have another...had to go in to kitchen ...then went upstairs to bar two hours later and asked what was the deal...we were told, sorry we are swamped..and meal would be comped ok then...I noticed there was no one up there just girl on bar stool looking cool. and 6 guys where leaving..then when the food arrived two and a half hours later the oysters were horribly over cooked and burned and all other food including lobster mac and cheese was gross .that included chicken strips overcooked and fish tacos from frozen package ...when we received the bill the waitress said we would be receiving a promo rate of 25% off food...they were kind enough to take off oysters ...I asked to speak to manager..the waitress said she would go and check...the girl that I previous was told comped said no just promo...I paid in cash and said we were new in the neighborhood and would not be back...I intend to write to the owner and see what he shall do...also there were two other tables on the deck that told us they had the same thing happen to them but they graciously paid there bills...I am not a cheap person and don't really care about the money but I think the whole experience was not cool...also I left a 30.00 tip

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere