“A Pleasant Restuarant with Great Treats” 5 of 5 stars

1800 Pine Plaza, Grande Cache, Alberta T0E 0Y0, Canada
780.827.2588
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 17 Restaurants in Grande Cache
“A Pleasant Restuarant with Great Treats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have been working in the area for the last two months and have eaten extensively at Milos. The menu is massive and I have ordered almost the entire menu.

In general, the food is good and the Greek dishes and Pasta are awesome. The pasta dishes are massive and my left overs are often used for lunch on the following day. Highly recommend the chicken souvalki or baked lasagna.

The majority of the staff are friendly and provide great service with the exception of one miserable hag... But, in a small town like Grande Cache, I am surprised the ower can even staff his restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Its all greek”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Try the slouvlaki or pathika yumm. Like all restaurants it has many cooks and many waitresses. I live in grande cache and eat there often. I love the scenery and the atmosphere. Its totaly greek... goddesses and paintings and even some greek music some days. The broccoli soup on wensdays is great and the staff are friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Horrible service, teerible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Don't write reviews much, but thought it to be worth a heads up to anyone thinking of eating at this place in the future. I have been Milos on a number of occasions, each time I go, I give them a chance to provide me with a meal that is palletable. Each time I give that chance, they fail.

The cook really does not have an idea of what he/she is doing. The sides are over seasoned to the point of being offensive, the main course is overcooked and dry or undercooked and raw.

If you're used to eating good food, don't go to milos.

Visited September 2011
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Speak slowly and clearly...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Had breakfast at Milos this morning. I can't eat meat or cheese, so there was limited choices on the menu. I very specifically asked for a veggie omelette, no cheese. The server looked at the menu, looked at me, and said "I think the mexican omelette is closest". Okay, but omit the meat, the cheese, and the hot peppers thanks. Just vegetables and eggs. My breakfast showed up, smothered in cheese. I looked at the server and said "there's cheese on this." She looked at me like it was my fault, and said " you just said no meat" and set it in front of me anyway. I think she expected me to change my mind and eat it like that?

We were a table of seven, everyone there heard me specify veggies only, no meat, no cheese. So I did what I never ever do, and sent my meal back. About the time my friends were finishing up their breakfasts, my new omelette arrives. They didn't smother this one in cheese, but it was now a HAM and veggie omelette! NO meat. NO cheese. What is so hard about that?

Called the server back over. Ummm, this one has meat. She mutters something about how she TOLD the cook no meat, and asks me if I want to re-order. We were out of time, so I just said no, no, you can just take this back to your kitchen. At that point she said...."sorry about that. I will give you a discount on your meal". A discount? I told her that since she brought out the wrong item, twice, and I sent it back uneaten both times, that I thought perhaps a 100% discount would be appropriate. Honestly, if I was the owner of the restaurant I would maybe at this point apologize and buy me a coffee. But no, she brought me a bill for $2.50 for one cup of coffee and I thought, hmmmm, I need to write a review.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Their focus is Italian & Greek..so stay on that side of the menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I'm in Grande Cache on business 3 times a week, and stay in the hotel that houses Milos, at least twice a month. I've had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there a number of times over the last couple years.

Stick to what they're good at on the menu...Italian and Greek, and you can't go wrong. However, they have skimped once. Dinner special was fettucini and Italian Sausage, and the "sausage" was some sort of deli meat instead of the real deal. I had a note passed back to the chef. Not sure if they bothered to read it.

Grande Cache is an oil & gas & timber town, so the basics, they have down to an art for breakfast and lunch. Just be careful on the dinner menu...select well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere