First off, I ALWAYS try to stay at one. We're AMA members so we get a discount too (avg ~$20/night).
I can't decide what I like best:
1. The bed/pillows. How can a bed be firm and soft at the same time?
2. It feels like I'm staying at an expensive hotel but I'm not paying an expensive price.
The room is large, long size bed, bathroom bigger than my own. It is spotless. Lots of hangers for clothes. I forgot toothbrush & toothpaste and they helped me out. TV had a reception thing going on but I could see and hear fine.
I haven't eaten breakfast here yet but it's always tasty at other locations. Good selection for a comp breaky :)
Lots of quick-service options close by for food (McDonalds, Tim Hortons). Lots of parking (even when fully booked).
Best part? The nice man at the front desk (whom I told I love) got me a last second room at 11pm at night. Slave Lake has little to no vacancy and I'll be here Tuesday to Saturday for work. I had a reservation in High Prairie (so I thought - I even had a confirmation email; see my TA post on the Peavine) for Tuesday & Wednesday night and here for Thursday & Friday night. I called from High Prairie, desperate not to drive home to Peace River or stay at a seedy motel in High Prairie. Last second cancellation = fantastic news for me.
Thank you HIE. I love making a pillow fort on my comfy bed, eating pizza and watching TV!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Slave Lake, Alberta Hotel Offers Convenient Location The newly built Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Slave Lake, AB is nestled near the shores of Lesser Slave Lake, just off Highway 2 and Main Street and right next door to the Cornerstone Business Centre. Within minutes of Fraser Timber, Sawmill Pulp, Acclaim Energy, Vanderwell Contractors LTD, and Tolko Industries as well as many others, our Slave Lake hotel is ideal for business travelers who plan to attend meetings in the area. Our free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access will keep you connected during your stay, and the business centre and meeting facility will help you conduct business while on the road. Leisure travelers will enjoy lodging at our Slave Lake, AB hotel while they experience everything that this 'Jewel of the North' has to offer. Nature lovers can hike on the Frontier Trail and observe the many species of birds and other creatures native to the region. Slave Lake Provincial Park offers sandy beaches and beautiful views, and it hosts the popular Sand Sculpture Championships every year. Gilwood Golf & Country Club and St. Bernard Mission Church are both nearby, as well. During your stay at our hotel in Slave Lake, take the time to enjoy a workout in our fitness centre,and be sure to try one of the many choices at our Express Start hot breakfast bar each morning. Check out our great Slave Lake hotel deals and book with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Slave Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Slave Lake
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Slave Lake Alberta