“Worst uncaring and lying management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Whitecourt

You added Days Inn and Suites Whitecourt to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Whitecourt
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5406 Caxton Street, Whitecourt, Alberta T7S 0A6, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Whitecourt
Lethbridge, Alberta
“Worst uncaring and lying management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wow, I would have never thought I would experience bold faced lying from 2 managers.
On September 14 we were staying at the Hinton Nova Inn. At check out from Hinton I asked the clerk to contact Whitecourt to ensure my reservation for a "suite" was in order. The clerk brought me a note right to my breakfast table indicating she had contacted the Nova Inn at Whitecourt and that everything was in order with my suite and that the rate was $138.00 CDN.
When we arrived at check in in Whitecourt, the front desk clerk was checking in other patrons. A couple had just arrived before us, they were "walk in " patrons with no reservations. They were checked into a "suite". When it came time for me to check in, I was told there were no suites avaialble. The front desk clerk was leaving her shift for the day, while the General Manager took over the desk. She told me that she found no reservation for our suite, and simply said that there was nothing she could do. She said we could get two rooms if we wanted. I asked if the hotel would provide two rooms for us at $138.00??? What we had budgeted? "NO!" I then
asked to speak with the Manager, she said the Manger/owner was away. We needed a place to stay, so we agreed to the extorted price for the two rooms! In the morning at check out, the same
General Manager was on shift, I checked out and asked to speak with the Manager, I was again told she was away. I asked for her name. I was told it was Donna (--). When I got home I called to Donna (--) and explained the situation. Donna would not do anything or even apologize. She said that they were no longer under the Nova Inn "flag ship" and she was the new owner of the yet to be named "new hotel"..... I explained the rude treatment that we received from her General Manager..... "big deal!"

Folks, this "Nova Inn" Whitecourt, or what ever the new owner, Donna (--) will call it is not interested in customer service, they have a busy clientel of oil and gas employees and could care less about anyone. They have no concept of what a guarenteed reservation is, and how to honour their commitment to customer service. I wish them well, but they will never see us darken their doorways again.

Room Tip: This Inn is situated on a buy highway, any room facing the highway is very noisey.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Donna P, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Whitecourt, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Mr. Harold93
We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel on recently. We take your comments seriously and have taken corrective measure to improve our customer service. On your next visit to Whitecourt, please accept a complimentary night stay in a suite as our guest.

Management Nova Inn Whitecourt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Breakfast was good. Rooms were average. Front desk ladies were Great and a big help. We arrived in the evening and was cold and couldn't get any heat and I called the front desk lady and she asked me if the pilot light was on and I replied I don't know so she said I will be there and in a couple of minutes she was and had the pilot on the fireplace going and we had heat. That is what they heated the room with was a propane fireplace. Seems like a older hotel that they have tried to updated. I didn't really feel safe there. For the price of the room I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RedDeer
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Nice and clean, big rooms, But not good if you want to sleep, Trucks were started at 4:30 am and ran till 7:00 am rite under my window. Not good in my mind.

Room Tip: Front side might be better, as to not get the truck running noise??
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

we really enjoyed our stay at the nova hotel in march 2012. very clean, friendly manager and excellent breakfast. we had been staying at other hotels in alberta and were getting tired of the sausages and unhealthy choices . so we were very glad at the spread . kIds loved it however , on our first day , we arrived the hotel at 3pm after travelling all over alberta with 2 very tired kids and were refused check in as we were 1 hour early. no help was offered . the girl at the desk was so unhelpful and never even gave a smile. being new to canada, this was the first unfriendly person we met. we had to roam aimlessly around whitecourt till check in time when we met a most polite lady. the first impression of the hotel was rather shocking for such a great facility.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
North BC, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here overnight along the way to Calgary. I had booked here because of the good tripadvisor review, and a good corporate rate.

It was a late check in, we were about 3rd in line with only one person at the counter, took a little longer than 15 minutes, but friendly service.

Our room was 2 beds that were supposed to be queen, but I believe they were only double. The little kitchenette with microwave, fridge, and dishes/utensils was handy. Room was clean and tidy, little fireplace was a nice touch.

The reason for my lower rating is the normal noise is very loud. We were on the ground floor, could hear every plumbing fixture, water going through the pipes, people walking, and every vehicle that was started outside, basically all sounds from every angle. Strange thing was, no guests were being noisy and unruly, every one was well behaved... so hotel just skimped on insulation when building I guess?

The other thing was the room was very hot, and aside from turning on the portable air conditioning unit on (in the middle of winter) this was uncontrollable.

• Stayed March 2012
Port Hardy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were on the road from Vancouver Island to visit with the grand kids in Cold Lake. This Nova Inn was the best stop on our trip. The staff was very friendly considering how busy the the hotel and town was. They took the time to make us feel comfortable. A luxurious room with all the amenities and an extremely reasonable rate. Thank You Nova Inn. We will return again.

Room Tip: A detour off the main road you will not regret.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Compared to all the other hotels in this price range, this is the best. Everything is new and clean. Staff are nice and helpful. Internet works nice, TV works well.
Great place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn and Suites Whitecourt? Share your experiences!