“Best resort north of Toronto” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nottawasaga Inn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alliston
Nottawasaga Inn Resort
You added Nottawasaga Inn Resort to your Saves list
6015 Highway 89, Alliston, New Tecumseth, Ontario L9R 1A4, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alliston
Toronto
“Best resort north of Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

We always enjoy staying here because it's close to our ski resort and the rooms, service and food are excellent. We stayed in a junior suite and the room and hallway area were quiet. We had a fireplace and a sitting area which was lovely for relaxing with a glass of wine and a book. The breakfast buffet is always a hit with the family too. All in all, a most enjoyable weekend- would not stay anywhere else but the Nottawasaga.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Alliston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

After searching for a New Year's getaway venue to attend with friends both to the North, East and West of Toronto we made a local call as we live about 10 minutes away. We were astounded to find that the closest was also the best in terms of cost and amenities. Our friends, from Whitby, agreed that the offered package for the weekend was the best value that our combined search efforts had found.
Our initial call to inquire was an introduction to a friendly and helpful staff and this continued through our call back to register, check in, occasional request for assistance and wait staff at the New Year's Gala and all other meals.
Our rooms were quite adaquate and certainly a bit above "standard". With the exception of a bit of dust in harder to clean areas the rooms were very clean.
The Gala was amazing from the decorations, the food - never ending, huge variety and excellent quality, dance band and DJ provided non stop for dancing and entertainment until the wee hours.
Additional amenities that we enjoyed were a great pool with a giant slide that is a must for all ages to try, indoor mini putt, squash courts and a very well equipped fitness centre.
We did not attend the "family skate" at one of the two indoor rinks as we had not brought skates even though we had been advised that a rink would be available.
The vista from the dining room is beautiful adding to the enjoyment and relaxation of our few days at The Inn. And best of all for us we were only 10 minutes from home when it was over. Our friends from Whitby had a little further to travel but agreed that it was well worth the travel. Next time we want a short getaway we will certainly be looking in our own "back yard".

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I recently stayed one night at the Nottawasaga Inn for a corporate retreat. This is the second, and hopefully last, year in a row that we will be there. The rooms are adequate and, in fact, I had a junior suite with a fireplace and jacuzzi. In the main that was wasted, as I was not there with my spouse--but due to the disconnects at the front desk, I doubt I would ever return to this hotel--as some other reviewers have said, the service is perfunctory--superficially polite and pleasant, but the front desk do nothing to address inquiries or provide genuine assistance to meet the needs of their guests.

I arrived just before noon (admittedly early for check-in), yet some of my group got their rooms with no delay. All I asked was for the staff to contact housekeeping, since a room was earmarked for me, to find out when it would be ready and if it could be cleaned next. Yet, neither the lady with the badge of "manager" nor the male clerk would do that--all they kept saying was that the room would be ready soon. Finally, the male clerk said he would radio housekeeping, but "it would not do any good". Well, why not?

In any (decent, quality run, customer-centric) hotel that I have stayed at, the front desk staff will do all that they can to get an arriving guest, even if early, into his/her room. It is one of their purposes, after all. It is thus normal to contact housekeeping and, if an arriving guest is present, to prioritize the cleaning of his/her room. Yet in this place, I was told that contacting housekeeping would not do any good? The clerk, alas, was right--it did no good. So, there is a huge disconnect between the front desk and the rest of the hotel...all those clerks (and there were several) stand around at the desk, but doing little, and giving the impression that they care even less. From the manager to the clerks, nobody seemed to want to make any effort, even a small one, to get me into my room when this was convenient to me--before we started our meeting.

I vaguely remember this same poor attitude last year--certainly no appearance of being customer-centric or interested in the customer by the front-desk staff.

When I did get the room, in the mid afternoon, it was superficially nice, and certainly clean enough. I ultimately found the mattress too hard for comfort and the multiple pillows were all the same type, lumpy as rocks--not a feather pillow amongst them.

Some of our group were bothered by the late night noise of the hockey teens who were in the hotel for a tournament. Supposedly there is security patrolling but, from what I was told, blatant noise was allowed to continue into the wee hours. Again, another service disconnect.

The food we had, at the lunch and breakfast buffets, was good. Dinner in the dining room was well served and well done. No complaints here.

My final beef was on check-out, as I was responsible for my own incidentals. As I had not ordered anything, or made use of any amenity, I was surprised when the same male clerk who was useless the day before told me that I was being charged for long-distance calls. Yet all I had done was dial the Bell toll-free access"800" number, and then made calls using my calling card. Ah, but you see, there is a fee for that, I was told. Really, it is not the $2.98 plus HST at issue--it is that at no other (decent, customer-centric, and quality run) hotel that I have ever before had to pay such a charge. Such a better place considers this a cost of doing business. At the Nottawasaga, as the place was sold out to the hockey teams and their parents, I guess they don't need to deliver customer service and can "nickle and dime" the guests all they like.

While I may be compelled to return to this place next year if we hold our corporate function there (I will urge against so doing), any prior idea of returning there for a weekend with my wife is long-gone. There are other, nicer "resorts" (which actually have amenities that adults can enjoy) in Ontario.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Nottawasaga, General Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
Thank you for your for your review of your recent stay. Sharing the positive aspects and areas for improvement enables us to investigate where refinements may be made. We have discussed this reviewer’s posting at great length with the respective departments.

This guest arrived at 10:00am. The hotel was sold out the night prior as well as the day in question. The previous night’s guests had not checked out. Some of the reviewer’s group did get their rooms earlier as the previous occupants had checked out early. Whenever a guest arrives early, and the bedroom is clean, we always check the guest in. Housekeeping had already been made aware that the guest was here early, and were on standby to clean the room as soon as the previous guest checked out. The room was cleaned by 2:30 and the guest was checked in as expeditiously as possible.

The bed in your upgraded suite is a Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress. We have replaced all of our pillows in the past three months. Each bed now has a selection of two “firm” pillows and two “soft” pillows. We have received great comments on these and offer them for sale in our hotel gift shop due to guests requests.

We are a hands-on team and are personally involved in the daily operation of the resort and we take all comments seriously. There are times when a guest will leave dissatisfied and we’re unable to immediately address their concerns. We’ve taken great strides in continuously improving, as seen by our reviews, and appreciate your feedback. We do sincerely apologize and hope you would consider returning.
Beeton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

My husband threw a surprise birthday party for me with about 40 guests at the Nottawasaga. What a fantastic night - the dinner was amazing. Each course topped the previous one. The grande finale was the amazing dessert - even though we thought we couldn't eat another bite - none of us could resist the amazing finale! The staff were very accommodating and service was top-notch. Many guests were from out of town so stayed at the hotel. At breakfast the next morning there were long tables were set up - so it was great to visit with all of our family and friends together over breakfast. I, and all of my guests would recommend the Nottawasaga to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Georgetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

We stayed for a night in December for a friend's surprise birthday party. On arrival we checked in with the friendly staff who were kind and courteous. We had a room with a spectacular view.

We went to our friend's party and enjoyed a delicious meal. Again, staff was wonderful.

The bed was very confortable which is important to me as it usually takes me time to get use to hotel beds. I didn't have a problem at the Nottawasaga Inn.

We will definitely go back as there is so much to do. Unfortunately we didn't have time on this visit to enjoy the indoor pool, indoor miniature golf, arcade, arena, etc.
Definitely on the next visit we will stay longer and maybe enjoy a round of golf.
I would recommend the Nottasawaga Inn, whether it's for a couples get away or a family trip.

Thank-you to the staff for their exceptional presence.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

We recently attended the New Year's Gala and had a fantastic time! The Crystal ballroom was gorgeously dressed in purples, the band was awesome and there was a great buzz about the whole party and on the dance floor, I've never seen so many people dancing all at once! The food was top notch too, I can't say enough good things about the pasta and carving stations, and the desserts were delicious. We were so impressed!

Having fallen in love with the ballroom and knowing the quality of food with be superb, we have scheduled a walk through of the resort for the spring to check out the gardens for our wedding next year. I have no doubt it will be breath taking as well.

Thank you so much for a top notch experience on all aspects!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Our family loved the friendly staff and the amenities available for both adults and children at the Nottawasaga Inn; pool, game room, skating rinks, spa, restaurants, cafes, etc. Our standard room was fully renovated with beautiful decor and comfort. We also attended the new years eve bash. We were impressed with the food and entertainment. There was even a separate gala for the children where the adults can get a break and enjoy some drinks and laughs. The organisers of the children's gala really made sure the children were safe and entertained all night. Great job to all the staff and thank you for a great experience!!! Would definitely return and would recommend this resort. Look forward to returning this summer....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Nottawasaga Inn Resort? Share your experiences!